04-02-13, 20:28
What a ffnn drag!!!

Mumms the word though

Airhasz
04-02-13, 20:47
Mmm, Ok?

Voodoochild
04-02-13, 20:49
Care to be a little more specific? You talking about the one in Mayflower Arkansas? Don't start a post like this again or it will wind up in the trash bin or I will save the server space and delete it.

HES
04-02-13, 21:27
Here is a bit more about the spill:

Exxon Mobil pipeline rupture spills heavy Canadian crude oil in Arkansas

By The Canadian Press | Associated Press – Sun, Mar 31, 2013

MAYFLOWER, Ark. - Exxon Mobil Corp. says crews are working to contain and clean up an oil spill near Mayflower, Arkansas after its Pegasus pipeline ruptured Friday afternoon.

The pipeline carries Canadian heavy crude oil from Patoka, Illinois to refineries on the Texas Gulf coast.

Exxon Mobil issued a release that said the company was responding to a spill of more than 10,000 barrels, and that some 4,500 barrels of oil and water had been recovered.

The company said the 20 inch pipeline had been shut down as crews tried to prevent the spilled oil from reaching a nearby lake.

It said cleanup operations were being co-ordinated with the Department of Emergency Management and other local authorities, and that the cause of the spill was being investigated.

On Monday federal regulators proposed that Exxon Mobil pay $1.7 million in civil penalties for safety violations linked to a pipeline rupture that spilled an estimated 238,000 litres of crude oil into Montana's scenic Yellowstone River in July 2011.

The spill fouled approximately 110 kilometres of the Yellowstone River's banks, killing fish and wildlife and prompting a massive, months-long cleanup.

The latest spill comes at time when proponents of the proposed Keystone X-L pipeline have been trying to convince Washington to give the seven billion dollar project the green light.

Opponents of TransCanada Corp.’s plan to pipe Alberta oilsands bitumen to the U.S. Gulf Coast denounce it as an environmental catastrophe in the making.

Source (http://news.yahoo.com/exxon-mobil-pipeline-rupture-spills-heavy-canadian-crude-121304612.html)

It happens. The liberals and environmental whackaloons are already screaming. Yeah they're already using this as an example of why Keystone should not be approved. They are saying that this obviously must have been the result of corporate greed and lack of maintenance.

Yeah because even well maintained mechanical equipment and devices never fail, right? Look at the amount spilled. 10,000 barrels. That works out to about 420,000 gallons. That's a bit, but by no means an incredible amount. Look at the over all failure rate. Failures like this are far and few in between. It's not like Exxon-Mobil isn't going to pay for the clean up or get away with no fines.

However the environmentalists will make this their Sandy Hook.

Battle*Hound
04-02-13, 21:33
Care to be a little more specific? You talking about the one in Mayflower Arkansas? Don't start a post like this again or it will wind up in the trash bin or I will save the server space and delete it.

Yes this is the one in Arkansas. I hadn't seen this on the news or anything. If it had been posted...my mistake. I had searched but found nothing. I posted it because, well I hadn't seen anything like this before (common or not) and thought it was interesting.

ETA...I'm sorry, I just realized what the issue is...I didn't post the link. My bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u30m8U6VP3E

Safetyhit
04-02-13, 21:37
Disregard.