PDA

View Full Version : BCG NOT included!

Serpico1985
04-02-13, 23:08
Is anyone else sick of seeing this in EE's all over the place? It's one thing if its a pieced together build but when guys buy factory uppers for 1k, remove the CH and BCG and re-sell them for $1300 it just irritates the $hit out of me. I know, free market, capitalism and all shit but damn, all your doing is bleeding your fellow gun enthusiasts. When I see a add for a complete upper WITH BCG for a fair price I want to buy it just on principle.

Ok, that's my rant.

VooDoo6Actual
04-02-13, 23:15
The question for me & think what I'm curious about is with all that's going on in OUR world & specifcally OUR Country is it really that intolerable when you put it into perspective ?

officerX
04-02-13, 23:18
Is anyone else sick of seeing this in EE's all over the place? It's one thing if its a pieced together build but when guys buy factory uppers for 1k, remove the CH and BCG and re-sell them for $1300 it just irritates the $hit out of me. I know, free market, capitalism and all shit but damn, all your doing is bleeding your fellow gun enthusiasts. When I see a add for a complete upper WITH BCG for a fair price I want to buy it just on principle.

Ok, that's my rant.

I'm with you! We're screwing ourselves!

Belmont31R
04-02-13, 23:20
These type of situations always bring out the assholes but selling a NEW upper without the bolt isn't a big deal. I wouldn't buy a used upper from MOST people. Who knows what they did with it.

Mauser KAR98K
04-03-13, 00:15
Maybe it was the only way they could get a BCG; buying a new upper with one in it.

Or they are just out to make a buck in a time when we really need to hold together?

Iraqgunz
04-03-13, 04:00
I would almost never buy a used barrel or upper unless I knew who put it together, rounds, etc..

If someone wants to remove the BCG I say more power to them. More than likely they are dumping that upper to get something better and sice BCG's are still in high demand they are more than likely using it for their next one.

Quite frankly I don't have much sympathy for people who aren't finding parts. I have been able to amass a rather decent size parts collection to include BCG's simply by being aware and not waiting for a crisis to buy stuff.

Recently I was able to get a new Colt carrier and a bolt for 216.00. I already had firing pins, etc... so I was happy. I also had some spare bolts around so recently some non-keyed carriers were available and I scooped some up.

Grant and others warned that the parts situation was going to come to a head and it has. Though some stuff is coming around don't expect the situation to get better overnight.

ICANHITHIMMAN
04-03-13, 07:23

Ok, that's my rant.

I have been thinking about starting this thread for a long time, I 110% agree.

"If someone wants to remove the BCG I say more power to them. More than likely they are dumping that upper to get something better and since BCG's are still in high demand they are more than likely using it for their next one. Iraqgunz"

I don't see it this way gunz, based on the post count of the majority of sellers and quality of the uppers that have been offered. It just seams to likely that the situation the OP described is the case. It is happening on every forum I frequent.

Jon

AKDoug
04-03-13, 10:20
That ****er IG stole only the charging handle out of a BCM upper he sold me. Now that's desperate to get parts ;)

There were so many uppers for sale without BCG's from BCM and Palmetto, that it's no surprise the private market started doing the same thing. I'm going to have a PSA upper for sale soon and there is no way the Colt BCG is going to go with it.

Don't like it, don't buy it.

ICANHITHIMMAN
04-03-13, 12:59
That ****er IG stole only the charging handle out of a BCM upper he sold me. Now that's desperate to get parts ;)

There were so many uppers for sale without BCG's from BCM and Palmetto, that it's no surprise the private market started doing the same thing. I'm going to have a PSA upper for sale soon and there is no way the Colt BCG is going to go with it.

Don't like it, don't buy it.

I just don't get why guys are buying the uppers with out the bcg's? For what to list it here?

SteyrAUG
04-03-13, 13:17
I don't think I can adequately express how happy I am that I purchased ALL of my complete factory Colt rifles for LESS than $1k each between 2004 and 2008.

I have been stunned and amazed at what I have seen since then. I only wish I doubled down on ammo. I have quite a bit, but had I known.

Airhasz
04-03-13, 14:33
[QUOTE=SteyrAUG;1600416]I don't think I can adequately express how happy I am that I purchased ALL of my complete factory Colt rifles for LESS than $1k each between 2004 and 2008.

Looking at today's market that has to feel good! You even got BCGs included...:p

markm
04-03-13, 15:27
I couldn't give a **** less if somebody parts an upper out. When the uppers with no BCG stop selling, that nonsense will stop.

I get a kick out of the guys continually posting WTB ads clarifying that THEY don't pay panic prices.

Who the **** is looking to sell parts below market to some anonymous **** on the internut??? :confused:

SteyrAUG
04-03-13, 15:47
Looking at today's market that has to feel good! You even got BCGs included...:p

I knew it wasn't gonna be field day, all day, forever.

;)

SteyrAUG
04-03-13, 15:51
I couldn't give a **** less if somebody parts an upper out. When the uppers with no BCG stop selling, that nonsense will stop.

I get a kick out of the guys continually posting WTB ads clarifying that THEY don't pay panic prices.

Who the **** is looking to sell parts below market to some anonymous **** on the internut??? :confused:

WTB: Supermodel Sex

Must not weigh more than 140 lbs, must have at least a D cup, must have a face that would make the cover of Playboy, must do anal. No drug, cigarette or heavy alcohol use. No tattoos.

$100 MAX - Not interested in gold digger prices.

:D

markm
04-03-13, 15:53
It's really that obnoxious. :rolleyes:

I just want to slam these dickheads, but you can't reply to EE threads.

Pork Chop
04-03-13, 15:55
WTB: Supermodel Sex

Must not weigh more than 140 lbs, must have at least a D cup, must have a face that would make the cover of Playboy, must do anal. No drug, cigarette or heavy alcohol use. No tattoos.

$100 MAX - Not interested in gold digger prices.

:D

Brilliant. :)

Pork Chop
04-03-13, 16:05

Mr. Markm, with statements like this, I have to wonder on occasion if we were somehow separated at birth. Really.

The only reason people are offended is because they want it & don't have it. Who gives a shit what people are selling? Don't buy it!

I sold a couple BCG's for stupid price along with an upper a ****ton of pmags at full retard price. Does that make me an asshole? Or a ****ing genius cuz it funded a whole new BCM build and a new riding lawn mower for daddy? Nobody forced them to pay.

Bottom line, most only don't like it because they don't have the ability to reap the benefits from it.

markm
04-03-13, 16:10
We sold everything that wasn't bolted to the floor.

Ammo, Pmags, Gunz, Upper halves, BCGs. It was ridiculous. I kept waiting for the authorities to inquire into my constant Money order deposits. :D

Pork Chop
04-03-13, 16:16
Same here. I shipped like 40 packages out by mail, sold locally, Craigslist, you name it. I made myself more than available to anybody with more cash than brains & I'd do it again today if the prices rocket again.

I prepared. I had lots of parts and ammo, well more than I need for 5 years + of shooting and I profited handsomely. It funded many a project that was on the back burner. Couldn't be happier.

scottryan
04-03-13, 19:13
These new gun people need to get ****ed over as hard as they can.

I am sick of bidding on collectable stuff that I want for my collection against someone on gunbroker, that has a feedback rating under 10, and has no clue of what they are buying.

These people are part of the problem and are a reason why we are in this political situation. If they were politically active, bam bam wouldn't be in power and we wouldn't be dealing with this shit.

They are freeloaders who decided they needed a gun when bam bam got elected. They are not NRA members and have never done anything for our cause. They have freeloaded off the rest of the real gun people like the ones on this board.

Irish
04-03-13, 19:40

Ok, that's my rant.

Your assumption is that they didn't just buy the upper without the BCG and CH from the manufacturer in the first place. You are aware that BCM sells uppers this way right? Not subscribing to the silliness.

SteyrAUG
04-04-13, 00:23
Brilliant. :)

That's my E Harmony personals ad.

JoshNC
04-04-13, 00:32

I am sick of bidding on collectable stuff that I want for my collection against someone on gunbroker, that has a feedback rating under 10, and has no clue of what they are buying.

These people are part of the problem and are a reason why we are in this political situation. If they were politically active, bam bam wouldn't be in power and we wouldn't be dealing with this shit.

They are freeloaders who decided they needed a gun when bam bam got elected. They are not NRA members and have never done anything for our cause. They have freeloaded off the rest of the real gun people like the ones on this board.

And most of them probably voted for Obama. I saw this after the '08 elections. Multiple friends and acquaintances who voted for that clown and shortly thereafter came asking me recs on MSRs, mags, etc because they were concerned Obama would ban these items.

Koshinn
04-04-13, 01:03
It may come as a shock, but some people are recent converts into firearms. These are the people that we need to help out because they've actually finally seen the light. Instead, we're like "welcome to real freedom... now bend over and take it in the ass if you want to play." Also those who just turned 18 and are struggling to find a job could barely afford a weapon at pre-panic prices. Now, even if they could get one, they can't afford ammo for training. We always talk about teaching people how to shoot and introducing them to firearms in order to convince them that they aren't evil... is this just a salesman tactic to get them to buy guns and ammo at inflated prices or do we actually mean it?

Granted, I've actually pieced together a couple ARs with completely new parts from vendors at or near MSRP since Sandy Hook with quality parts (mostly BCM). By "I've pieced together" I mean I found all the parts and sent txts to friends who are new to ARs so they could buy them. And they did.

So basically, while I'm all for capitalism and open market, I also understand the reality that some people aren't 40 yr old vets who have lived through the first AWB and the Cold War. And these are the people we should be helping to create a more perfect society by helping them get firearms, ammo, and training, not fleecing them of their hard earned money in this economy when what we need more than anything is allies in the form of popular support.

ICANHITHIMMAN
04-04-13, 09:53
Well said, I personally have issue with a lot of this price gouging, its just how I was raised I guess.

Pork Chop
04-04-13, 10:03
Price gouging on food or water or fuel after a disaster is immoral and I'd never do it. People NEED those items. People don't NEED an AR, in fact, most never even wanted one until they heard that the .gov was going to ban them and then suddenly they'd give their first born child for a Bushmaster, so I say lets see how bad they want one.

Making profit off of panic stricken locusts that have no idea why they're panicked and are only buying an item because its en vogue is hardly immoral or an issue of how one was raised.

markm
04-04-13, 10:09
It's my moral obligation to hurt stupid people in the pocket book.

Shit. I was going on Gunbroker and bidding up Bolt Carrier Groups early in auctions to help stupid people get burned even harder.

Where have these morons been the last 5 years? Watching Jersey Shore or some shit?

Packman73
04-04-13, 12:14
Some folks may have been 16 five yrs ago. ;) Not all new shooters are fence-sitters.

Koshinn
04-04-13, 12:37
Price gouging on food or water or fuel after a disaster is immoral and I'd never do it. People NEED those items. People don't NEED an AR..

I disagree. Well maybe not an AR specifically, but people need a firearm to keep the government honest and for personal protection. Or do you agree with gun grabbers?

Making profit off of panic stricken locusts that have no idea why they're panicked and are only buying an item because its en vogue is hardly immoral or an issue of how one was raised.
So you're assuming all people who weren't fully stocked up before 2012 are ignorant or stupid? Or are you saying that you screen your buyers for their knowledge and intent and give those who pass your test a discount?

Pork Chop
04-04-13, 12:50
I disagree. Well maybe not an AR specifically, but people need a firearm to keep the government honest and for personal protection. Or do you agree with gun grabbers?

So you're assuming all people who weren't fully stocked up before 2012 are ignorant or stupid? Or are you saying that you screen your buyers for their knowledge and intent and give those who pass your test a discount?
Of course they should have them, couldn't agree more. * I'm talking about the guys buying anything AR related at any retarded price JUST because they heard they MAY be banned. * Don't act like you don't know the difference.*

Well, yes, if you believed it was important enough to have those things but you waited until Obama was elected for his SECOND term, you know, the term where he'll really go for the sacred cows, then yes, you're really stupid. If you weren't old enough or financially able then I'm sorry.

And no, I don't screen anybody for intelligence. The fact that they are bidding on items that are overpriced by a factor of 5 pretty much gave it away.

I've helped many friends find parts and supplies they needed, even fronting the $ until they could manage it in order to help them out, but along the lines of what mark said, I don't owe some anonymous ****tard on eBay anything.

Ymmv.

markm
04-04-13, 13:06
The fact that they are bidding on items that are overpriced by a factor of 5 pretty much gave it away.

I had a guy THANK ME for tearing his head off on a stripped Noveske MUR. :confused:

Pork Chop
04-04-13, 13:10
I had a guy THANK ME for tearing his head off on a stripped Noveske MUR. :confused:

Evidently you should feel terrible about that. :)

polydeuces
04-04-13, 21:46
Parts shmarts......

WHERE'S ALL THE ****ING AMMO!!!!!!!!

What good is it to have all this gear if ammo is unavailable or $1 per round.
Who's screwing who?????

Littlelebowski
04-09-13, 07:37

If you keep that attitude up, we won't get any new blood. We need new blood. Try to remember when you didn't know as much as you do now. Did anyone help you or was the entire gun owner world comprised of elitists?

markm
04-09-13, 07:51
If you keep that attitude up, we won't get any new blood.

We don't get new blood because of the SEARCH button Nazis. Granted... we have seen a convoy of Short yellow bus Arfcommers leaking in...

But if every time a reasonable thread gets locked because the topic was covered 2 years ago.... people get put off. Shit... I get irritated by that ****ing retarded shit. Half the time the thread is just starting to take shape and new thoughts are being posted... and then along comes ****y Lockowitz and pisses off the member. :rolleyes:

And then some ****ing retarded thread like... "do you have your AR to shoot or to hold?" stays open. What the ****in ****? :rolleyes:

(rant over)

Koshinn
04-09-13, 09:54
We don't get new blood because of the SEARCH button Nazis. Granted... we have seen a convoy of Short yellow bus Arfcommers leaking in...

But if every time a reasonable thread gets locked because the topic was covered 2 years ago.... people get put off. Shit... I get irritated by that ****ing retarded shit. Half the time the thread is just starting to take shape and new thoughts are being posted... and then along comes ****y Lockowitz and pisses off the member. :rolleyes:

And then some ****ing retarded thread like... "do you have your AR to shoot or to hold?" stays open. What the ****in ****? :rolleyes:

(rant over)

Wow I actually agree with you.

Packman73
04-09-13, 09:56

(rant over)
This.

Littlelebowski
04-09-13, 09:59

(rant over)

Ok, I mostly agree with you. However, are you trying to step in and help the newbies any?

markm
04-09-13, 10:17
Ok, I mostly agree with you. However, are you trying to step in and help the newbies any?

Not the retards... but yes... the legit questions. Especially in the loading/ammo forum.

Brahmzy
04-09-13, 10:27
For the most part, I wouldn't change a thing here. I think the occasional search nazi is a good thing. If the OP has some thick skin and the goal of his question(s) are in fact important, the thread usually prevails.
I very much appreciate some of the elitism on this board because it keeps the mall ninjas away. Arfcom is borderline unreadable now. I mean there are a few pockets of consistently good content, but the sheer amount of shit that has to be waded through on a daily basis is exhausting. No joke, I saw the same question get asked 4 different times (new threads) by 4 different noobs and the same crew answered the questions, almost identically, in one freaking day.
Nothing but regurgitating some "theme" or bias or trend that was started. It is so transparent and predictable there. Ugh.
Don't change a thing. I think this site has a way of weeding out things properly on its own. Remember, a lot of that 'new blood' is not what we want here. Ignorance is easily forgivable, and we've all been there.