PDA

View Full Version : Sequestration effects released:

nimdabew
04-03-13, 15:06
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/02/sequestration-effects_n_2996101.html

WASHINGTON -- It's now an article of faith that dire sequestration warnings were overblown.

New studies downsize potential job losses because of the federal budget cuts. Agencies have figured ways to ensure that the more alarming effects (no food inspectors!) are avoided. Government organizations are coming up with methods to delay severe disruptions. Congress isn't debating a replacement. The media have lost interest or have reduced it to a political argument. The economy was supposed to be brought to its knees by the $85 billion in cuts. Instead, we trudge along in a new normal.

I don't see anything on that list that is super important, just the United States tightening its belt and cutting less important things like

11. Convention industry suffers nationwide.
15. Families that rely on Head Start targeted in Bethlehem, Pa.
29. Air show cancelled in Rapid City, S.D.
45. Research funding cut in Gainesville, Fla.
100. Cruise passengers inconvenienced on the high seas.

First, I was :eek:
Then I was :confused:
After that I was :mad:
Then I was :rolleyes:

I did notice that the Navy hasn't put the carrier refit on that list either.

kry226
04-03-13, 15:42
Left out military training. In my organization, all collective training above the squad level has been cancelled, yet my deployments remain steady-state.

Not to mention the intangibles like morale. When troops lose leave and pass because they have to surge to cover the furloughs (nevermind those who are actually getting furloughed), it becomes problematic at best. Morale also takes a hit when you lose ammo allocations and you cannot buy parts.

The effects are real, yet one may not read about them in an article, or hear about it on the local or national news.

Sensei
04-03-13, 15:47
FBI is furloughing agents and support staff. Some FO's have suspended the ability to take home BuCars - can't afford the fuel. That's a problem since bank robbers don't always strike between 9-5.

VooDoo6Actual
04-03-13, 16:41
There is no question that:

These other items below Government programs are clearly more important

1) Shrimp on a treadmill to determine if they can generate electricity (can't wait for the Barking Moonbats to have a Shrimp Union w/ Union steward to secure their Shrimp rights)

2) Why Lesbian women are Fatter than heterosexual women (when it's obvious that they don't have to compete for men)

3) Robotic Squirrels

4) The menu for Mars

The obfuscation & prevarications continue etc.

Belmont31R
04-03-13, 22:01
They will cut what gets people pissed off the most but we will have hundreds of millions to send to radicals in the ME and it's like a punishment.

Just like at the local level they will cut teachers, firefighters, and police before one single dime is cut from anything else. Doesn't matter everyone is spending more than ever but suddenly when a little get cuts off the top, in this case less than 3%, its all the most visible items not the core of the spending which is mostly waste.

duece71
04-04-13, 06:46
BO and fam still have to take their multiple vacations to exotic locations, don't forget about that.

Belmont31R
04-04-13, 15:09
BO and fam still have to take their multiple vacations to exotic locations, don't forget about that.

9 vacations between the Obama and Biden crew since Jan 1st.

Hundreds of millions to shithole middle eastern countries.