PDA

View Full Version : When It Comes to Diversity, White Male Managers Not Doing So Hot

Caeser25
04-04-13, 12:18
More liberal nonsense.

http://classic.cnbc.com/id/100616408

They are doing great when it comes to being respectful, the survey said, but fall short when it comes to saying what they really think. Too many fear that any criticism or discussion of race or gender will likely get them in trouble, so they avoid it entirely.

Silence can compound the issue. "You don't provide the feedback you would give to the people who look like you," Shelton said. "Ultimately you're discriminating because you're not allowing that person to improve and get ahead."

Also, "Our customers have made it very clear … that they want to see people who look like them," Lovett said, noting that Alcoa is in 31 countries.

SteyrAUG
04-04-13, 13:57
"Our customers have made it very clear … that they want to see people who look like them,"

Hooray Racism.

Qualifications mean nothing.

VooDoo6Actual
04-04-13, 14:21
Cultural Entropy / Maslow's heirarchy of needs

NWPilgrim
04-04-13, 15:24
I noticed the survey genius forgot to ask the white male subordinates what they think of their diverse bosses. Ooops! I guess it works both ways, huh?

CLUE for the thinking impaired: Most employees think their boss does not listen to them, nor communicate enough with them, and do not care enough about their issues. I bet you would get very similar results no matter what the race/creed/sex difference is between manager and subordinates.

Alaskapopo
04-04-13, 15:34
Hooray Racism.

Yep the Chocolate City comment comes to mind from New Orleans during Katrina. Racism blows both ways.

SteyrAUG
04-04-13, 15:46
I noticed the survey genius forgot to ask the white male subordinates what they think of their diverse bosses. Ooops! I guess it works both ways, huh?

CLUE for the thinking impaired: Most employees think their boss does not listen to them, nor communicate enough with them, and do not care enough about their issues. I bet you would get very similar results no matter what the race/creed/sex difference is between manager and subordinates.

And THANK YOU.

How about we simply hire the best guy for the job that way when I apply for a senior astrophysicist position and I end up working under Neil Tyson instead of him working for me I will understand that he is the most qualified of the two of us.

And the whole idea of "customer expectations" is bullshit. That is 1960s "Nobody will eat the food if a black guy cooks it" KKK logic. If your customers are a bunch of racists you don't reward them.

It's been 60 years since the equal rights movement and all we've managed to do is create a new kind of prevalent and government approved racism.

When are we finally going to arrive at TRUE equality regarding the laws of the land? The only way a white guy is "protected" is if he is homosexual.

SteyrAUG
04-04-13, 15:47
Yep the Chocolate City comment comes to mind from New Orleans during Katrina. Racism blows both ways.

Can you imagine if a mayor anywhere said "Don't worry, we're gonna stay white."

Caeser25
04-04-13, 16:26
So far all I've ever seen bosses good at is finding ways to shift blame to anybody but themselves, regardless of race, sex, age, sexual orientation, etc.

Mjolnir
04-04-13, 16:38
So far all I've ever seen bosses good at is finding ways to shift blame to anybody but themselves, regardless of race, sex, age, sexual orientation, etc.

Agreed.

However, racism still (and probably always will to some degree) exists. It's subtle but there. And, yes, I've run into it in the North and South.

Does it bother me?

I don't worry about it because I cannot change it.

Kfgk14
04-04-13, 18:13
Hooray Racism.

Yep. All due to the perpetual guilting spread by the media and education system.

I want a T-shirt that says "I'm a white Christian heterosexual conservative libertarian firearms enthusiast, and I'm goddamn proud of it!"

crusader377
04-04-13, 19:54
Another day another leftist article with some BS study explaining how hetrosexual white men are bad.

Personally, I would love if all the evil traditional conservative men according to the leftist media check out and let the feminists and metrosexuals try to run things.

Society would collapse in probably a week or two.

Abraxas
04-04-13, 20:10
Agreed.

However, racism still (and probably always will to some degree) exists. It's subtle but there. And, yes, I've run into it in the North and South.

Does it bother me?

I don't worry about it because I cannot change it.

EVERYONE has and will experience racism and bigotry in their lifetime whether they know it or not. You just have have to get over it and carry on. Can't please everyone.

Spiffums
04-04-13, 21:32
And THANK YOU.

How about we simply hire the best guy for the job that way when I apply for a senior astrophysicist position and I end up working under Neil Tyson instead of him working for me I will understand that he is the most qualified of the two of us.

And the whole idea of "customer expectations" is bullshit. That is 1960s "Nobody will eat the food if a black guy cooks it" KKK logic. If your customers are a bunch of racists you don't reward them.

It's been 60 years since the equal rights movement and all we've managed to do is create a new kind of prevalent and government approved racism.

When are we finally going to arrive at TRUE equality regarding the laws of the land? The only way a white guy is "protected" is if he is homosexual.

And we still have a law that says we are equal.........equals do not need a law to tell them they are.

SteyrAUG
04-04-13, 22:14
Yep. All due to the perpetual guilting spread by the media and education system.

I want a T-shirt that says "I'm a white Christian heterosexual conservative libertarian firearms enthusiast, and I'm goddamn proud of it!"

I want one that says "the only thing you have to be proud of is skin pigment?"

SteyrAUG
04-04-13, 22:15
And we still have a law that says we are equal.........equals do not need a law to tell them they are.

But we don't have equality.

GlockWRX
04-05-13, 00:24
They skip over the likely cause: that white managers won't give corrective mentoring because they're terrified that it will be interpreted as racist hate-mongering. No one wants to get hauled up to HR because they told a subordinate they weren't performing to standard, even if that's an accurate assessment. A complaint of racism can taint a persons career, even if the accusation is proven false.

Political correctness has conditioned whites to keep their mouths shut.

Moose-Knuckle
04-05-13, 03:48
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/some-animals-are-more-equal_zps289c9ef0.jpg

Mjolnir
04-05-13, 04:51
They skip over the likely cause: that white managers won't give corrective mentoring because they're terrified that it will be interpreted as racist hate-mongering. No one wants to get hauled up to HR because they told a subordinate they weren't performing to standard, even if that's an accurate assessment. A complaint of racism can taint a persons career, even if the accusation is proven false.

Political correctness has conditioned whites to keep their mouths shut.

Exactly.

It's a lose-lose situation for everyone.

Mjolnir
04-05-13, 04:56
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/some-animals-are-more-equal_zps289c9ef0.jpg

Not really.

I don't think there is any love for minorities by the Ivory Tower Set.

Minorities are being used to bring about ABSOLUTE CONTROL. And few seen to be aware.

It's Hegelianism at its finest.

Moose-Knuckle
04-05-13, 15:40
Not really.

I have to disagree with you there (which is rare).

I don't think there is any love for minorities by the Ivory Tower Set.

Minorities are being used to bring about ABSOLUTE CONTROL. And few seen to be aware.

It's Hegelianism at its finest.

I do agree with you on this point. The wizards behind the curtain use minorities, immigrants, women, homosexuals, students, elderly, insert whoever else to their advantage with their social engineering stratagems.

Mjolnir
04-05-13, 18:05
Can you imagine if a mayor anywhere said "Don't worry, we're gonna stay white."

Trust me, at least one community did just that... with shotguns, pistols and carbines as a group of Blacks were crossing into another parish... Some convictions were handed out stemming from that incident.

Kfgk14
04-07-13, 16:28
I want one that says "the only thing you have to be proud of is skin pigment?"

Yeah, that's :D
Of course my kid would wear one to school and end up in cuffs...