PDA

View Full Version : MD Voluntary Militia

platoonDaddy
04-05-13, 06:51
Our strong state delegate supporter of 2A is organizing a "Voluntary Militia"

From Delegate Don Dwyer

Dear Maryland Patriots,

I was certain that the time would come when there would be a need to organize the “Voluntary Militia”. That time has come. The voluntary militia is recognized in the Maryland Constitution under Article 9 SECTION 1. and the Declaration of Rights under Article 28 that notes “a well regulated Militia is the proper and natural defense of a FREE Government.”

http://www.capitalgazette.com/maryland_gazette/hot/anne-arundel-s-dwyer-calls-for-militia-as-gun-control/article_1b616599-36ae-5d9e-839a-8371f37d9dc3.html#.UVycr3i3u8Y.facebook

ffhounddog
04-05-13, 07:14
I want pictures of all the fat non able body people wearing Multicam.

That is how I see this going on but I would like to be pleasantly surprised.

Scoby
04-05-13, 07:32
I want pictures of all the fat non able body people wearing Multicam.

That is how I see this going on but I would like to be pleasantly surprised.

You are most likely correct. It would be at least 50% plus.

But.....Better to have them than not. IMO

Airhasz
04-05-13, 07:36
[QUOTE=ffhounddog;1602035]I want pictures of all the fat non able body people wearing Multicam.

That is how I see this going on but I would like to be pleasantly plump.

Keep living, you'll be there before you know it...;)

Safetyhit
04-05-13, 08:26
Never thought to see the day I'd ever say this, either to myself or of course publicly, but that is starting to sound like a damn good idea. Love to see them start popping up everywhere and have membership swiftly surpass millions nationwide.

Leadership in each state must be knowledgable of the laws, well informed and also well spoken. No Yeagers, but on the flip-side no Lapierre's either. Lunatics and warmongers must be ejected in order to maintain legality and also attract the average gun owner.

For the good of this ever endangered nation I truly hope this idea now sounds as less crazy to others as it does to me.

Brahmzy
04-05-13, 08:28
Looks like a government official is making a 'list' of all the radical, rebel gunners that refuse to comply.
Don't worry your names will be kept confidential.

Sounds like a great idea. We should trust our politicians. :D

PA PATRIOT
04-05-13, 08:50
Will never work, too many **** ups, psychos and want a be mall ninjas out there with delusions of grandeur to keep any serious discipline or organization.

Maybe this could have worked back in the 40's or early 50's when national spirit and pride filled the land but now days its all self advancement and personal greed. I just don't see this happening on a loose Voluntary basis with no MCOJ to regulate conduct/behavior within the group.

What was it that the Russian Cosmonaut said in Armageddon.

"You American's, Nothing but a bunch of Cowboys!"

TAZ
04-05-13, 10:14
Not so sure about it not working. It would have issues of the scale was allowed to balloon right off the bat. Lots of states already have state militias in addition to the national guard units and they seem to be able to make them work. Texas is one of those states and the state guard hasn't gone off the deep end AFAIK. They are also not a combat arms group though.

I think if you ran it with common sense a state militia can be made to work. Officers would need to have military experience or go through an OCS type program. Enlisted guys need to have a background run like you would for a CHL and go through some form of basic training. If they don't cut the mustard they get the boot. If police agencies can make volunteer reserve officer programs work so can a state funded militia.

If you run it like a come one come all and no one gets turned away then you're ****ed.

IMO the biggest problems aren't going to be the fat dumbasses, but the federal agents tripping over themselves trying to make a terror, or illegal gun bust.

Jim D
04-05-13, 10:56
My advice would be to get involved with the local Sheriff's. We've had some group meetings in PA where people met to discuss supporting the Sheriff in times of need. Different places call them different things "reserves", "posse's", etc.

Banding together in concert with law enforcement officials who support our cause is a good way to weed out the people who want to advocate illegal/ dangerous activities that benefit no-one in the long run.

It's also a good way to establish a network of people who are willing to stand for their beliefs, while respecting the rule of law.

I'm not so sure it's worth comparing to a full blown militia, but at least you're working towards a common goal and establishing some strength in numbers should the need arise.

duece71
04-05-13, 12:52
What someone else said, doubtful it would work. Is there going to be some sort of training? How is someone going to organize a non military volunteer group? Maybe the volunteers will get together for a game of bowling and grab a couple of beers after and call it good.

GeorgiaBoy
04-05-13, 12:57
I would fear that, with little oversight, some of these potential larger groups could pose as "normal" militias and actually be militant groups/extremists. They could build up large memberships and suddenly go rouge in an organized way... Look at what Chistopher Dorner did.. now tack on an extra 100 or 200 people to that.

Safetyhit
04-05-13, 13:29
I would fear that, with little oversight, some of these potential larger groups could pose as "normal" militias and actually be militant groups/extremists. They could build up large memberships and suddenly go rouge in an organized way... Look at what Chistopher Dorner did.. now tack on an extra 100 or 200 people to that.

Anyone anywhere can fly off the handle, so one primary objective would be to watch out for and expel such individuals. Tap into that ever expanding group of concerned, rational gun owners and let them be our strength.

This may not be easy but it is possible. After the first few idiots are booted and shunned then the organization will eventually form a respectable identity. But it will require work and dedication, no doubt about it.

TAZ
04-05-13, 14:32
The key here is how its implemented and what kind of oversight it has. Reserve officers are volunteers and they haven't gone off the deep end. The military is volunteer force yet they don't seem to be going off the deep end. Each of these orgs stays clear of trouble because of the way they are lead, and controlled. Go willy nilly and allow people to join by merely breathing and you will end up in trouble.

Run it like a police organization and you can make it work. Establish standards that the people have to meet; physical and mental. Weed out those who can't meet those standards. If a state can run a state wide police force not sure why this would be any different.

Not sure why people seem to think that unless its a federally mandated organization it will attract losers and fall into chaos.

sinlessorrow
04-05-13, 16:52
Ya'll don't have a state guard?

Mjolnir
04-05-13, 18:29

Then you fear we the people because "every man a militiaman" is exactly what the framers had in mind...

We need to come together philosophically, spiritually and then I don't care what you/me/him/her organize into. We are One.

Army Chief
04-05-13, 20:17
My advice would be to get involved with the local Sheriff's. [snip] Banding together in concert with law enforcement officials who support our cause is a good way to weed out the people who want to advocate illegal/ dangerous activities that benefit no-one in the long run.

I agree with your approach, and think that it sounds a lot more productive than meeting in the woods with a bunch of guys who couldn't pass military muster, complaining bitterly about the government. I am wary of politics and politicians, but we stand to gain nothing by treating our lawful government as the enemy. Some might have a different threshold, but I just don't think we're there yet. Banding together in support of LE (who have a very real and common/shared adversary as the rest of us) sounds infinitely more productive.

AC

Moose-Knuckle
04-05-13, 21:00
I for one am glad to see this sort of thing coming from an elected offical for a change.

Safetyhit
04-05-13, 21:06
Jim's idea is certainly interesting, but how many LEOs in any capacity want to be affiliated with a militia? And what if the the majority of LEOs in one's area aren't interested in standing against the new laws or even support them in the first place?

Too many variables to let law enforcement set the standard for a private movement. Just refer to Icanhithimman's NY trooper thread. Ended up as all of nothing.

MountainRaven
04-05-13, 22:03

You mean National Guard?

What good is the National Guard if, in a time of crisis, it has been 'federalized' and sent abroad to support combat operations in (say) the Middle-East?

Personally, I'm all in favor of a state-regulated (that's state, not federal government) 'militia'-like organization whose primary mission is to support law enforcement in extreme situations, assisting/conducting SAR, and disaster relief assistance without the looming possibility of being federalized.

platoonDaddy
04-06-13, 06:07

The congressman's is talking about a militia and I am not sure what the goal is. Still waiting for more info, before I decide to put a bulls-eye on my back. I love the idea, MD as many states are two cultures, heavy populated areas majority progressives and rural conservatives. We are bumping heads and maybe it is time to draw the line in the sand.

Don't know very much about the State Guard, the following is cut & pasted from their home page.

What is the Maryland Defense Force (MDDF)?
About Us

The Maryland Defense Force is a volunteer uniformed state military agency and one of the four components of the Maryland Military Department. Formally established by the Maryland legislature in 1917, the unit's heritage and traditions trace back to the 17th century.

MDDF is one of a number of State Defense Forces authorized by the U.S. Congress under Title 32 and the respective state legislatures.

While specific missions vary from state to state, the Maryland Defense Force has the primary mission of providing competent and supplemental professional, technical, and military support to the Maryland Army National Guard, the Maryland Air National Guard, and the Maryland Emergency Management Agency.

State Defense Forces operate under the command of the Governor, as state Commander-in-Chief, and fall under the operational control of the state Adjutant General. State Defense Forces receive no federal funds and are supported entirely by the state.

PA PATRIOT
04-06-13, 06:40
I could see this going south as a Governor orders his Maryland Defense Force which is all volunteer uniformed state military to support a gun confiscation or some other unpopular law.

Could a member of these uniformed defense force be charged with a crime if they refuse to report or follow a order given by the Governor?

We have seen how some Governors have gone full retard in the past so if your group is not independent of the state (AKA Defense Force) how is it a deterrent to illegal actions by state government?

SMETNA
04-09-13, 05:46
Looks like a government official is making a 'list' of all the radical, rebel gunners that refuse to comply.
Don't worry your names will be kept confidential.

Sounds like a great idea. We should trust our politicians. :D

This. X1000.

A better idea is to speak with your sheriff, figure out if he's a patriot, and tell him he has your full support and leave your contact info. Just in case he needs to deputize in a hurry one day