PDA

View Full Version : Purchased first rifle. (pics)

Jelsis
03-22-08, 15:02
Hello all...
I was looking for a Colt MT6400C but it is impossible to find a new one, it seems Colt does not really care about civilian sales.

Today I picked up my first AR-15 from my transfer dealer(Vinny of Hunting World), it's a Bushmaster PCWA3X14M4IZ that I purchased from Buds, living in N.J really limited my options but I am really happy with the fit & finish of this rifle. I have some ammo coming in the mail as well as 4- 15 round magazines(anything over 15 rounds in N.J is illegal) from one of the forum members. Now I have to find a place to shoot it.:)
Joe.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e217/jelsis/Bushmaster009.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e217/jelsis/Bushmaster008.jpg
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e217/jelsis/Bushmaster002.jpg

rubberneck
03-22-08, 15:35
Good luck to you with the rifle. Your options are only as limited as you wish them to be. There are dealers that will take a Colt, LMT, RRA and make it NJ legal for you, or you could have one built from the ground up without the illegal NJ features.

SuicideHz
03-22-08, 17:16
I love the model number!

Politically Correct Weapon A3 X14 (extended 14.5?) M4 (M4 type) IZ (Izzy comp?)

ksa464
03-22-08, 17:37
I have the exact rifle as well. Picked-up 12 extra 30 rounders with Magpul gen II's, upgraded to an H buffer and put in the Crane spring and O-ring.....so far only 1 double feed at around 250 round count. Now have a bit over 1400 and running well after 5 different brands. ;)

....now only if my 20" A2 Colt would eat the Wolf ammo....:(

tuff
03-23-08, 15:58
Congrats on your new weapon....

ksa464
03-23-08, 16:26
the best rifle money can buy in the m4gery world.

Shihan
03-23-08, 16:39
the best rifle money can buy in the m4gery world.

Its best to go by facts and not emotion when evaluating a product.

Deadcenter45
03-23-08, 18:01

+1
I prefer another brand myself.

ONE OF the best I could let slide, but THE best ? nah

BushmasterFanBoy
03-23-08, 18:29
Great gun! I remember during the AWB I bought the same model here in Ohio. It still works 100% (Although its been un-neutered). I'd look at upgrading the internals (H-buffer, extractor upgrade kit from Bravo Co.), getting a fixed Sully Stock, and have someone install a 1.5 Inch muzzle device like the FSC 556 that is technically a muzzle brake by ATF standards, but suppresses flash at an A2 level.

Keep up the fight, don't give up your RKBA just because you are in a ban state!:cool:

ksa464
03-23-08, 18:46

Sorry, your right. I ment Colt. :)

FVC3
03-23-08, 19:01
[QUOTE=Jelsis;142215]Hello all...
I was looking for a Colt MT6400C but it is impossible to find a new one, it seems Colt does not really care about civilian sales.

Today I picked up my first AR-15 from my transfer dealer(Vinny of Hunting World), it's a Bushmaster PCWA3X14M4IZ QUOTE]

Congrats on a nice rifle. I have 7 ARs - 4 are BMs. My favorite is a BM as well. I am accessorizing a new TX DPS M4 right now. Please take the naysayers and anti-BM folk with a grain of salt. I have worked with, carried, trained with, fought with, and been armorer for Colts' M16s and ARs for many years. They are good rifles, but they break like anything else man made. I, too, despise their politics and do not buy their products.

If you feel a burning desire to stake the castle nut and/ or carrier key - well, grab a punch and a hammer and have at it. Black extractor spring insert and o ring? $4.00 and 3 minutes if it gives you a warm fuzzy. The vaunted Mil-spec buffer tube? Don't even get me started. Show me one broken at the threads and I'll show you a rifle that has been abused beyond belief and would have succumbed no matter the stamp on the mag well.

Enjoy!