PDA

View Full Version : Military warned 'evangelicals' No. 1 threat, Catholics & Jews as well

feedramp
04-06-13, 01:08
Military warned 'evangelicals' No. 1 threat
http://mobile.wnd.com/2013/04/military-warned-evangelicals-no-1-threat/

Crews said the major problem with the training brief is that it relies heavily on material provided by the Southern Poverty Law Center which has claimed that groups such as WND, the Family Research Council and other pro-family groups are hate groups and extremists.

He went on to say that placing evangelical Christians first on the list of religious extremists speaks volumes about how the SPLC views Christianity compared to other religious groups.

“This is absolutely abhorrent to all those who identify themselves as evangelical Christians in this country,” Crews said. “We know other commands have used the SPLC list in briefing soldiers about hate crimes and hate groups, but this particular briefing is the most egregious in terms of blatantly identifying evangelical Christianity as the number one extremist group in the United States.”

When pressed as to how evangelical Christians and Catholics are a danger to those serving in the military, the brief does not provide any examples. However, it does provide several examples of Muslim extremists in the military. Among them are:

Navy petty officer Hassan Abujihad who emailed classified information to jihadists for possible attacks while serving on a destroyer.
Ali Abdul Saoud Mohammed, who was an Army Special Forces instructor at the Special Ops Warfare School at Ft. Bragg while simultaneously being a trainer for al-Qaida and traveling overseas to fight with jihadists.
Sgt Hasan Akbar, who killed two of his soldiers and injured 14 others at a military base in Kuwait when he threw four grenades into three tents where soldiers were sleeping. His reasoning was to prevent the killing of his fellow Muslims.

Conspicuously missing was one Muslim Maj. Nidal Hasan, who opened fire on fellow soldiers at Ft. Hood while allegedly shouting “Allahu Akbar.” Hasan’s rampage left 13 dead and 30 injured.

The Army has gone to great lengths to minimize the Hasan attack, going so far as to call it simply a case of workplace violence, similar to when an employee gets into a fight with another co-worker.

The Army has doubled down on its decision by issuing a report to Congress claiming that recent legislation that would label the shootings a terrorist act in order to help survivors and victim’s families would jeopardize Hasan’s chances of receiving a fair trial.

Koshinn
04-06-13, 01:34
The title:
"MILITARY WARNED 'EVANGELICALS' NO. 1 THREAT"
Is very misleading as it implies the entire military was warned of such a threat. The members of one reserve unit were given this brief.

gun71530
04-06-13, 01:36
Give me a break....

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Mjolnir
04-06-13, 06:41
Not knocking you, feedramp. I appreciate the article. Thanks.

DUH!

This is very old news!

SPLC, Christian & Jewish Fundamentalist Ideology... a threat to the US Military (and thus the USA)?

Who da thunk it?

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-06-13, 10:17
Southern
Poverty
Law
Center

Only one of those four is good.

I don't know if I would be more concerned if I was on or was not on their 'watch' list.

VooDoo6Actual
04-06-13, 11:10
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e225/teehee321/wizard-of-ozhologram_zps2a5a5389.jpg

Army Chief
04-06-13, 11:43
While I have seen plenty of recent evidence that our most senior leadership is quick to distance themselves from anything overtly related to mainstream Christian/Judeo-Christian themes, it is a reach to suggest that DoD is now briefing that fully 40%+ of the force should be viewed with overt suspicion.

Some knucklehead probably just pulled the data from an old FBI presentation (since they have to worry about pretty much everyone) and threw it into his own, thinking it would enhance his credibility. As I recall, he was ultimately told to remove this controversial slide and drive on.

Much ado about nothing. So far.

AC

feedramp
04-06-13, 15:52
True enough. Just a heads up that they're still trying to push the agenda here and there, see how much they can get away with.

Koshinn
04-06-13, 22:33
True enough. Just a heads up that they're still trying to push the agenda here and there, see how much they can get away with.

You're seeing a conspiracy where there is none. It's more common for Christians to discriminate against non Christians in the military than vice versa. I'm not saying either act is ok, but that's what I've seen in my career. With the plurality of the military being Christian, I don't understand how you can think the military as a whole is out to get Christians in particular.

feedramp
04-07-13, 01:19
You're seeing a conspiracy where there is none.

No, I'm not seeing a conspiracy anywhere. I'm just posting a news item. If you track such topics though, you'd see it correlates with other activities a certain strain of leftists undertake to push that agenda. To call it a conspiracy would give it too much credit.

Mjolnir
04-07-13, 19:46
There are articles from the mid-nineties saying THE EXACT SAME THING as this article.

Spiffums
04-07-13, 20:54
I'm just waiting for the war to come........and it will sooner or later.

kmrtnsn
04-07-13, 23:10
One should be banned for putting crap like this in GD.