PDA

View Full Version : Finally....a true reward for vets

BufordTJustice
04-06-13, 19:11
This fishing show is run by one of my good friend's (who served in the USMC) father, who is also retired after a distinguished LEO career at my agency. There are no catches and the trips are free for the Vet who wins. Please include your reasons for nominating your pick.

My friend and his dad are passionate about rewarding Vets with a damn good day of fishing, bullshitting, and good memories out on the Atlantic Ocean.

Nominate anybody whom you think would really benefit from this:

http://www.copoutoutdooradventures.com/

Just click "Nominate" from the home page.

BufordTJustice
04-08-13, 02:37
bump.

BufordTJustice
04-22-13, 00:59
bump.

SteyrAUG
04-22-13, 01:43
Thank you for doing this.

BufordTJustice
04-22-13, 02:07
Thank you for doing this.

Don't thank me. I'm just the messenger. But I will relay the message.

Safetyhit
04-22-13, 09:47
Excellent. Think I and the other member who just quietly pointed this thread out to me (could have been Lethal Dose but I really forget now:D) just might have someone in mind...

BufordTJustice
04-24-13, 04:19
Excellent. Think I and the other member who just quietly pointed this thread out to me (could have been Lethal Dose but I really forget now:D) just might have someone in mind...

Outstanding. :)

ryan
04-24-13, 07:05

AC AC AC AC!!!!

ALCOAR
04-24-13, 09:11
AC AC AC AC!!!!

Great nomination.....and I just doubled it.

I didn't have AC's number, but hopefully they can contact me or another person whom nominated him for additional info should he be chosen.

On a side note Ryan, if you and Amanda want to go out fishing on my honey hole right off Valleydale Rd.....(Southlake), I'd be thrilled to take you guys out for a day, afternoon, or whatever Amanda feels up to.

Got a dedicated pontoon fishing boat (electric motor only lake) for some more serious action, and also have access to a very relaxing fishing dock that guarantees 100-200 brim, and 10-20 cats in a hr. or so. (Fish feeders, and structure) for a more chilled out time.

I've got tons of rod and tackle, so all that you need to bring is yourselves :)

Safetyhit
04-24-13, 09:52
I did contact the site just after my initial comment here and left a brief explanation regarding AC, his service and his recent ordeal. While I do have his number I didn't enter it in as requested and instead asked for them to contact me if he will be considered. If so then I'll ask Chuck if it's ok at that point, meantime keep the nominations going and we'll see what happens.

Oh and don't tell him yet, has to be kept secret. ;)

ryan
04-24-13, 09:56
Great nomination.....and I just doubled it.

I didn't have AC's number, but hopefully they can contact me or another person whom nominated him for additional info should he be chosen.

On a side note Ryan, if you and Amanda want to go out fishing on my honey hole right off Valleydale Rd.....(Southlake), I'd be thrilled to take you guys out for a day, afternoon, or whatever Amanda feels up to.

Got a dedicated pontoon fishing boat (electric motor only lake) for some more serious action, and also have access to a very relaxing fishing dock that guarantees 100-200 brim, and 10-20 cats in a hr. or so. (Fish feeders, and structure) for a more chilled out time.

I've got tons of rod and tackle, so all that you need to bring is yourselves :)

Hey man, we are down like Charlie Brown dressed like bozo the clown brother. I can't use your tackle tho, mans gotta hold his own pole....

I'm in NC till Monday starting tomorrow, back Monday, then FLA staring that Thursday to the next Thursday. So I'm out of town for a bit. I will send you a PM.

Sorry for the derail everybody,, AC AC. AC. AC!!!

F2S, IG, JS would be good nominations as well, lord knows they need a break from us .....

Army Chief
04-24-13, 10:29
F2S, IG, JS would be good nominations as well ...

I see what is going on here, you conspiratorial bums ... as if I wasn't going to pop into a thread dealing with veteran's issues. lol

Actually F2S, IG and JS would probably be far less likely to be pulled into the water by an uncompliant Bluefin. I'm still working my way back to effectively wrestling our 55-pound hound dog. ;)

AC

BTW, I do appreciate what you're trying to do, regardless of the fact that you are still a bunch of conspiratorial bums. =]

Safetyhit
04-24-13, 10:44
I see what is going on here, you conspiratorial bums ... as if I wasn't going to pop into a thread dealing with veteran's issues. lol

Actually F2S, IG and JS would probably be far less likely to be pulled into the water by an uncompliant Bluefin. I'm still working my way back to effectively wrestling our 55-pound hound dog. ;)

AC

BTW, I do appreciate what you're trying to do, regardless of the fact that you are still a bunch of conspiratorial bums. =]

Now that's just ridiculous. We're referring to our friend and ex-serviceman Albert Chuckles, also known here as either "A.C." or "Chuck". He gave me his number just last week regarding something or other.

But don't worry, we'll keep you in mind for the next round.

Army Chief
04-24-13, 10:53
Now that's just ridiculous. We're referring to our friend and ex-serviceman Albert Chuckles ...

Oh, I wasn't about to confront you directly, as I have a fairly high degree if confidence that you have a few former restaurant doormen in your extended family somewhere who still remember how to take a guy out at the kneecaps and such. ;)

AC

ALCOAR
04-24-13, 10:55
I nominated F2S via my dad's name.....really great guy, that has been there, done that, and has the medals to prove it.

So many people worthy of the nod on this site.

ryan
04-24-13, 10:55

AC

Well I would graciously accept the trip myself but alas I am undeserving. I am going to throw my little brothers name in the hat, he sustained a combat related injury in Iraq. I'm sure there are many warriors here who would love to go.

RetreatHell would be a good nominee as well.

Army Chief
04-24-13, 10:58
RetreatHell would be a good nominee as well.

He most certainly would.

AC

ALCOAR
04-24-13, 11:06
He most certainly would.

AC

Ashamed as hell I didn't remember him for something like this....sure do miss having him around as much as he used to. Real deal hero!

eta...I try to read his thread, and your M4C style thread every so often.

Safetyhit
04-28-13, 08:45
Just an update to clarify that I did hear back from Jeff in regard to my brief letter and AC is in the running. No time frame for a decision was given so keep the nominations going for now and we'll see if we can't get someone deserving on a nice trip soon.

BufordTJustice
04-29-13, 16:27
I was over at Jeff (Sr.'s) house last night to celebrate his son's upcoming nuptials (Jeff Jr., who is my squadmate).

Jeff Sr. appreciates all the nominations.....he really has a heart for this. His overhead is very low, he has been very responsible regarding the finances of the show, and he is currently working out the details for the next season of the show.

He is also looking for sponsors....so if any of you guys hear of a company who would like to be a part of this show, shoot me a PM or send Jeff (Sr.) an email per his website.

He'll tear-up talking about his show and the people who have been on it if you really get him talking about it. What you see is not bullshit. Anyways, thank you all for taking the time.

Keep those nominations coming. :)