PDA

View Full Version : State of the AR Market

bear22
04-07-13, 07:59
What are your thoughts on the state of the AR market in light of the Feinstein bill being split up?

Are we like to see a return to pre-SHE prices?
How back logged are the manufacturers?
If the AWB fails, how long until a new equilibrium is established?

I've been in the market for an AR for years, and have found these forums an invaluable resource when deciding on which way to go. I am looking to know if I should do a deal for the rifle I've been targeting which would be a couple hundred over the price from last year or if I should continue to wait and let things settle.

I know it's like prohibition - ppl want what they can't (or soon might not be able to) have.

Bear

twistedcomrade
04-07-13, 08:07
I would say May or June before the manufacturers get caught up. Ammo, who knows.

mrvco
04-07-13, 08:29
Ammo will continue to get better, but not fully recover until Barry is out of office. There are too many people whose outlet for their frustrations is hoarding ammo (similar to gold bugs).

But when the glut does finally come, it is going to be epic.

polymorpheous
04-07-13, 08:33
This same topic has been posted several times since the shooting.
In every case the thread has been closed.

I suggest using the search button before starting a new thread.

bear22
04-07-13, 08:53
That's odd. I'm surprised they'd be closed considering it is one of the most pressing topics to this community.

JSantoro
04-07-13, 09:16
"Pressing" is not a good reason for duplicate threads. Presuming more than one SHOULD be the norm, how many threads about the same bloody thing would you have open?

If it's that pressing, why would you be surprised that somebody besides you would have it on his mind, and post about it? Point being, start looking for this stuff , instead of falsely presuming you're the first one to have noticed that the market's been assed-up...

....since it's been that way for 4+ months, now.