PDA

View Full Version : PoliceOne's Gun Control Survey: 11 key findings from officers

D. Christopher
04-08-13, 17:48
Amazing numbers. Just thought it might be nice to tell others because you're certainly not going to hear about this from our corrupt administration or criminal media. The sample size and the overwhelming support of what we believe in is really great to see.

Now watch the usual suspects try and cover this up!

http://www.policeone.com/Gun-Legislation-Law-Enforcement/articles/6183787-PoliceOnes-Gun-Control-Survey-11-key-findings-on-officers-thoughts/

WillBrink
04-08-13, 17:55
Amazing numbers. Just thought it might be nice to tell others because you're certainly not going to hear about this from our corrupt administration or criminal media. The sample size and the overwhelming support of what we believe in is really great to see.

Now watch the usual suspects try and cover this up!

http://www.policeone.com/Gun-Legislation-Law-Enforcement/articles/6183787-PoliceOnes-Gun-Control-Survey-11-key-findings-on-officers-thoughts/

Results don't surprise me at all (as it's in line with the many LEO I have known) but may come as a surprise to the general public. I was actually considering doing such a survey myself and trying to get it published.

mikelowrey
04-08-13, 18:02
Well, it looks Obama is live right now talking about gun control and they are Trending in twitter #nowisthetime. What I just did was to paste that study into that Tag and telling people the reality, so if you have a twitter account, go ahead and help.

Beat Trash
04-08-13, 18:41
I actually took that poll on Police One, but I never actually saw the results. I'm not surprised at the results. But I would be surprised if these results make it to the main stream media.

boggyboy72
04-08-13, 19:05
Put it on my FB.

gunrunner505
04-08-13, 19:20
I'll have to send this to Illinois Senator DICK Durbin. According to him a majority of police officers are in favor of bans and restrictions.

He didn't lie, he mis-spoke.....

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

RogerinTPA
04-08-13, 20:22
I read about that survey earlier today. I would have thought the results would have been closer to a 50/50 split, but it was good news to hear that most wouldn't trample on our 2A rights. I'm sure the 2A as well as the Constitution, is being discussed, either individually or collectively, throughout law enforcement and military communities, given the current climate.

Bolt_Overide
04-08-13, 21:25
I am jacks complete lack of surprise.

I also have no doubt that this will not make a bit of a difference, nor will it get an reasonable amount of coverage.

:help:

chadbag
04-08-13, 21:30
Not much of a twitter user, but every once in a while...

#nowisthetime http://bit.ly/10NtLRT Just say NO! #itsneverthetime

--

Start using the #itsneverthetime hashtag with their #nowisthetime and post the link to this poll or other good info. Let's see if we can disrupt them.

--

PA PATRIOT
04-08-13, 21:32
Problem is they can not validate that Police Officers actually took this poll as members are on the honor system that they are LEO's when they join.

I have seen anti gunners, far left liberals and many others posting on that site were one could be assured that the poster was not a current or former LEO.

Now if the poll was limited to verified LEO's that would really make a statement.

Not tying to rain on a positive Pro L/E gun story but there maybe concerns on who actually took the poll should this go national.

gunrunner505
04-08-13, 21:39
Problem is they can not validate that Police Officers actually took this poll as members are on the honor system that they are LEO's when they join.

I have seen anti gunners, far left liberals and many others posting on that site were one could be assured that the poster was not a current or former LEO.

Now if the poll was limited to verified LEO's that it would really make a statement.

Not tying to rain on a positive Pro L/E gun story but there maybe concerns on who actually took the poll should this go national.

The second sentence in says it was taken by over 15000 verified law enforcement professionals and over 70% were real live down and dirty cops, not admins or other types.

ICANHITHIMMAN
04-08-13, 21:42

Now if the poll was limited to verified LEO's that it would really make a statement.

To the laymen/lazy American I suppose it your right.

PA PATRIOT
04-08-13, 21:46
The second sentence in says it was taken by over 15000 verified law enforcement professionals and over 70% were real live down and dirty cops, not admins or other types.

That was a question on the poll if the person taking the poll was a Current, Former or Non LEO. PoliceOne does not verify L/E status of its members, its all on the honor system.

gunrunner505
04-08-13, 22:04
That was a question on the poll if the person taking the poll was a Current, Former or Non LEO. PoliceOne does not verify L/E status of its members, its all on the honor system.

Gotcha.

D. Christopher
04-08-13, 22:22
I have no way to verify any of this but I find it hard to imagine that liberals and anti-gunners would do anything to reinforce our side of the argument. If they did anything it would be to pretend to be LEO and weaken our case by voting in opposition to what we see in these numbers. Either there were very few of them, (and there must have been a few) or they are even dumber than we thought they were. (And I know they're really stupid, emotionally-driven cattle.) We won't get any mileage out of this poll because conservative politicians and the NRA are inept bumblers but these are very strong numbers and just reinforce what I've experienced and believed all my life, and that is that the majority of police officers (and military) won't go against the Constitution when there's a SHTF moment.

SHTF = Sandy Hook Total Freakout

nickdrak
04-08-13, 22:29

The first question doesn't specify "Non-LEO" as you state. It gives three options:

Current

Former/Retired

Neither

The term "Neither" is open to speculation entirely but the header of the poll results claims that they took responses from "verified police professionals":

"PoliceOne’s Gun Policy & Law Enforcement survey was conducted between March 4 and March 13, 2013, receiving 15,595 responses from verified police professionals across all ranks and department sizes."

I guess their definition of "verified" is also up to speculation, but I doubt they did it on the honor system.

Voodoo_Man
04-08-13, 22:31
Good sample, looks fairly accurate.

eightmillimeter
04-08-13, 22:48

Now if the poll was limited to verified LEO's that would really make a statement.

Negative. There is a restricted side to PoliceOne. When I signed up they called my department to verify my employment...as a sworn officer. I had to login to take the survey so rest assured this was not on the honor system.

J-Dub
04-08-13, 23:00
Easy there with your fancy real world survey. This the internet, where everyone hates cops because we are brainless goons that are just there to ruin people's day.

Oh and to infringe on people's rights.

(as verified by PA PATRIOT)

SteyrAUG
04-08-13, 23:08

Do you ever stop with your endless cop bashing?

SteyrAUG
04-08-13, 23:11
Easy there with your fancy real world survey. This the internet, where everyone hates cops because we are brainless goons that are just there to ruin people's day.

Oh and to infringe on people's rights.

(as verified by PA PATRIOT)

It thought it was because college is hard and "Hey....free donuts."

:D

Littlelebowski
04-09-13, 06:59
Now if the LE would just un**** their union heads.

J-Dub
04-09-13, 08:10
It thought it was because college is hard and "Hey....free donuts."

:D

Shitty thing is, I went to college. Thank god I didnt get a CJ bachelors, that is useless.

And I dont eat donuts.

Littlelebowski
04-09-13, 09:09
Shitty thing is, I went to college. Thank god I didnt get a CJ bachelors, that is useless.

And I dont eat donuts.

You can get oysters for breakfast where you're at :D

SteyrAUG
04-09-13, 13:42

And I dont eat donuts.

I hear ya, two years spent to become a FFL. I'd have been better off spending that money on some whore with big tits.

But at least I knew I liked guns, how can you KNOW you don't like donuts and still become a cop?!?

The guys I feel for most are the ones who went to some kind of Gunsmithing Institute to become a gunsmith. I just checked gunsmith on my 01 FFL.