PDA

View Full Version : Mass Stabbing on Texas College Campus

jonconsiglio
04-09-13, 13:16
Guess Obama will try to ban knives now.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/09/at-least-5-reportedly-stabbed-on-lone-star-college-campus/

nimdabew
04-09-13, 13:18
Ban assault knives.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2013/04/mass-stabbing-lone-star-college/64046/

Smash
04-09-13, 13:28
Point to make here. With Texas not having an AWB the subject could have chose AKs ARs Glocks and other guns but instead did it with knives. Which just goes to show your bans would solve nothing. F*ckin crazy is crazy and they're going to attempt to inflict pain however they see fit.

sboza
04-09-13, 13:29
Guess Obama will try to ban knives now.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/09/at-least-5-reportedly-stabbed-on-lone-star-college-campus/

Don't be silly, the argument will just become: "If the shooter had an assault rifle weapon with 30 mag clips or 100 belt mags there would be hundreds dead! See, gun free zones work."

You really think the media are going to focus on the individual POS or the mental health issue?

Safetyhit
04-09-13, 13:43
As much as I hate to be one of those that "politicizes" a tragedy, this will be a turning point. Exactly what was needed to keep us from having our rights stolen away, it will ring loud and strong.

Again prayers to the injured. It is a bad event and good people are hurting. Maybe if we decided to go with one or two CCW personnel after 12/14 this would have been prevented. And maybe now what is right and just can prevail, this at the time when it is needed the very most.

Crow Hunter
04-09-13, 13:47
Don't be silly, the argument will just become: "If the shooter had an assault rifle weapon with 30 mag clips or 100 belt mags there would be hundreds dead! See, gun free zones work."

You really think the media are going to focus on the individual POS or the mental health issue?

This ^

jonconsiglio
04-09-13, 13:49
I didn't realize I was being silly....

Sam
04-09-13, 14:19
Early reports stated the attacker was subdued by students. Also early reports stated the attacked used xacto knife. If that's true, that is a tiny blade, how do you stab over a dozen people with the xacto blade without it break and become unusable? Or did he used one of those high capacity quick reload blade?

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/IMG645.jpeg

Voodoo_Man
04-09-13, 14:20
Early reports stated the attacker was subdued by students. Also early reports stated the attacked used xacto knife. If that's true, that is a tiny blade, how do you stab over a dozen people with the xacto blade without it break and become unusable? Or did he used one of those high capacity quick reload blade?

Exacto's are super deadly and the blades are pretty sturdy for their size.

Doc Safari
04-09-13, 14:22
I guess I'll be "that guy" and point out the obvious: one person with a gun coulda/woulda/shoulda stopped it.

Sam
04-09-13, 14:23
Exacto's are super deadly and the blades are pretty sturdy for their size.

I know, I've used several for over 20 years. I added a picture in my post.

Endur
04-09-13, 14:34
This can go one of three ways:

1. It turns the tides in our favor
2. They flip it around and say it could have been worse had it not been a gun free zone.
3. They try and ban knives like Britain.

Irish
04-09-13, 14:45
Ammunition to push through the Texas Campus Carry bill. If one good guy was present with a concealed firearm...

gunrunner505
04-09-13, 14:49
This can go one of three ways:

1. It turns the tides in our favor
2. They flip it around and say it could have been worse had it not been a gun free zone.
3. They try and ban knives like Britain.

Jesse Jackass has said multiple times he wants to ban knives. These people are asinine. Don't correct the person committing the act, just ban the tool. These people are lazy.

They use "if" as though it's a catch all of hope. If this ban, or that law can save just one life then we owe it to yadda yadda yadda. I submit to you sir IF concealed carry, having an AR rifle etc can save just one life, MINE, than don't you owe it to me?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Honu
04-09-13, 14:52
Hearing the Kids they are saying we thank God but wish we could have had guns !
And we should be able to carry guns and protect ourselves !

montanadave
04-09-13, 15:04
WTF!

Fourteen people are injured, some reportedly seriously. And the first thing any of you guys think about are making jokes and how it can be used for political leverage?

Nice.

And spare me the bullshit about "that's what they're gonna do." Sometimes showing some respect and acting like a decent human being is just the right thing to do. At least for an hour or two.

GeorgiaBoy
04-09-13, 15:06
WTF!

Fourteen people are injured, some reportedly seriously. And the first thing any of you guys think about are making jokes and how it can be used for political leverage?

Nice.

And spare me the bullshit about "that's what they're gonna do." Sometimes showing some respect and acting like a decent human being is just the right thing to do. At least for an hour or two.

Thank you.

Two different sides of the same coin.

djegators
04-09-13, 15:32
Lone Star College Stabbing Witness: ‘We Wish We Could Protect Ourselves With Guns’

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2013/04/09/watch-student-describes-stabbings-at-houstons-lone-star-college/

Safetyhit
04-09-13, 15:35
WTF!

Nice.

Sorry but not this time. We've been stepped on, spit on, manipulated, misrepresented, ridiculed, slandered, lied to, etc, etc.

Again, prayers to the injured and also to us starting the climb out of this hellish hole.

brickboy240
04-09-13, 15:40
Uhh...because it stands a very good change of being used for political leverage.

Doubt it? well, didn't Obama just fly the Sandy Hook survivors on Air Force One?

...its coming

Moose-Knuckle
04-09-13, 15:42
Ammunition to push through the Texas Campus Carry bill. If one good guy was present with a concealed firearm...

This.

Sam
04-09-13, 15:47
Doubt it? well, didn't Obama just fly the Sandy Hook survivors on Air Force One?

You don't understand, he's just showing his genuine compassion for those victims' family. Dear ruler would not use it for political purpose.

Picture of the attacker, grabbed it from LF forum:

http://i.imgur.com/s4QKGvq.jpg