PDA

View Full Version : 20,000 M-16 Rifle [rounds] stolen in Kuwait

phx223
04-09-13, 23:29
I tried to correct another thread but I don't have privileges to post there. There was a report that 20,000 M-16's were stolen in Kuwait, but the story seemed fishy, and the source suspect, so I went to find a legit source. That didn't happen, but I did find a much more creditable story from a Kuwait news source.

" KUWAIT: A security source said that 20,000 M-16 rifle rounds, and 15,000 9mm pistol rounds, along with an undetermined shooting ear protectors, and a printer were stolen from the shooting warehouse of the Minstry of Interior in Subbiya area. The source said three doors were broken and the entire content was removed, adding that there were no guards at the place according to the officer who informed about the theft. The officer did not accuse any one. Directors are investigating the matter"

Instead of:
The Interior Ministry said thieves broke into a warehouse and stole a
huge amount of firearms and ammunition. The ministry said 20,000 U.S.-origin M-16 assault rifles and 15,000 rounds for 9mm pistols were stolen.
“There were no guards during the break-in,” the ministry said on April
The ministry said the target was a warehouse of the Interior Ministry in
Subiya. The statement said thieves broke three doors and removed the entire contents of the warehouse.
Kuwait has been a major defense client of the United States. The U.S.
military has stationed some 13,000 troops, most of them assigned to
logistics, to the Gulf Cooperation Council sheikdom.

StevieJ309
04-10-13, 00:20
20,000 rounds of 5.56 is much more plausible than the original report of 20k M-16's.

Stealing 20k rifles would be all but impossible without inside help and one hell of a convoy.

Iraqgunz
04-10-13, 00:23
Closed. If you have questions read the the first sentence of your post and you will know why.