PDA

View Full Version : Noveske Infidel - - 3 questions...

billybronco
04-10-13, 10:52
Morning Gents,

Probably doesn't belong in Technical but I wanted definitive answers not "should be's" or "maybe's"...

13.7" barrel - - - Mid Length gas system - - - Lo profile gas block.

My two options for rail systems are the Geissele SMR MK1 10" and KAC URX 3.1 10.75".

Need to ensure I don't need to make adjustments to the gas block, rail system or heat shield.

Heard from Casey @ KAC and he said that due to the fact that there is no integrated front sight assembly any longer on the URX 3.1 that I should be GTG.

1. Am I indeed good for clearance UNDER each rail without modification(s)?

2. In doing my measurements, I'm fairly certain that both platforms have enough length and will extend OVER the gasblock. Can we confirm?

3. Finally, my Blackout is hand tight right now. Will I be safe Rocksetting and torquing PRIOR to installation of barrel to upper and then upper to rail or should I wait?

Thanks to all...

trauma
04-10-13, 21:10
I had an infidel with a Noveske/SWS rail at 11" and it cleared the gas block plenty so that URX3.1 will be fine.

You wont have to modify the URX3.1 or the block, URX2s with flip up sights you'll have to grind the sight and block ALOT ! Unless you use a URX3 then everything will fit. URX3.1s will work splendidly. I saw a URX3 for sale on Gunbroker yesterday if you need one.

billybronco
04-11-13, 12:33
sweet.

thanks bud

billybronco
04-12-13, 10:25
anybody see any reason why I can't or shouldn't torque this Blackout down with some Rocksett prior to installation???

glockshooter
04-12-13, 10:39
Your flash hider should be the last thing you tighten.

billybronco
04-12-13, 11:14
roger. what i needed to know.