PDA

View Full Version : chest mount holster options?

berserker
04-10-13, 12:07
I'm getting really frustrated... I need a holster that will fit a compact flock (19 or 23) with a mounted light, and it needs to clear a tactical vest. I've been experimenting with drop holsters and cannot find a setup that is high enough to allow freedom of movement but low enough to clear the vest. So now I'm considering going to a cross draw chest mount (molle/pals). But, I can't find any options there either. Anyone have any suggestions?

Txbadge
04-10-13, 12:19
RAINER makes a molle mount canted cross draw holster. I have one ordered to check it out but I am not sure it is any better than one by Specter or Tactical Tailor.

Pax
04-10-13, 12:33
Most everyone here manages to make a dropleg Kydex holster function with their chest rig/armor carrier. My two cents... Find a new chest rig or tighten up your exiting rig so it rides higher and/or learn to tilt sideways at the hips when drawing the handgun from the beltline, and just deal with it. Youre wearing LBE- its going to be ugly and awkward. Its not going to be perfect. But youre training for getting shot at. Nothings perfect.

Txbadge
04-10-13, 12:36
Pax
The weapon I wear on my vest isnt there for speed, but rather, for use with a suppersor. My go to handgun is in a leg drop safariland holster.

TxRaptor
04-10-13, 13:37
I personally use a G-Code setup. Note: I am in no way, shape, or form connected to G-Code or any company for that matter. All personal opinion here.

I had met a G-Code rep at Shot who let me try out a vast majority of their offerings. I currently run their drop leg system utilizing their quick detach system on the belt attachment and leg panel. I ride this high on my thigh and it clears my PC. I also picked up a few of their molle adapters for quick mounting onto my battle belt and/or any other molle items of mine. I like all of it so far.

Another option is to mount your current holster solution onto a molle adapter
Molle adapter options:
(PUP) PALS UNIVERSAL PLATFORMS
http://www.bawidamann.com/shop/Shenanigans%20%3E%20(PUP)%20Pals%20Universal%20Platforms

Blackhawk Serpa
http://www.blackhawk.com/product/SERPA-Platform-Ambidextrous,772,58.htm

Wake27
04-17-13, 08:01
SERPA sucks. G-Code is awesome, I love their stuff. They can hook you up with the holster you want if you call them (not yet listed on the site). Safariland is good also, and the two can be compatible.

Spurholder
04-17-13, 10:37
Have you tried the mod to the SL 6004 that's posted on MM's page?

http://www.militarymorons.com/faq/faqs.html

kmrtnsn
04-17-13, 11:25
I don't know the OP's particular usage, being that he is running a surpressed LG puts him outside of the "normal" warrant service that I encounter so my concerns may not apply to him but typically in the L.E. realm I have a very hard time with chest mounted secondary or tertiary weapons, coming from an officer retention standpoint. In a ground scuffle, during an arrest an officer has only so many hands for retention, blocks, and strikes. Adding a "gimme" handgun or knife to the front of LE MOLLE armor is a gift to the arrestee/assailant.

420ollie
04-17-13, 12:13
I use a drop adapter on my battlebelt. I think this will work for what you want. I use a g code setup. This can be adapted to work off your pant or duty belt.

berserker
04-17-13, 14:41
To answer some of the above questions: so I'm rethinking the chest holster option; while it would be great for the car, it's not great for prone, and I do like to keep the front of my vest clear for when I sling my LG. The MM modded 6004 won't work, they only sell a 1.5" drop UBL now and it won't clear. I don't want a kydex plate on my thigh (not the holster, but the drop rig). What I've decided to try, is I ordered an Emdom hippie rig (it's a short drop molle platform, rides on hip) and a Bladetech tac-light holster. I'm going to try that - hopefully it doesn't flop around, but more importantly, hopefully it doesn't bunch up and make the draw difficult. We'll see. If that doesn't work, I'll probably try the G-code Mule ISS (also a short drop rig, but has a kydex plate, and I don't like their tac-light holsters; but they make an adapter for Bladetech holsters).

kmrtnsn
04-17-13, 15:13
To answer some of the above questions: so I'm rethinking the chest holster option; while it would be great for the car, it's not great for prone, and I do like to keep the front of my vest clear for when I sling my LG. The MM modded 6004 won't work, they only sell a 1.5" drop UBL now and it won't clear. I don't want a kydex plate on my thigh (not the holster, but the drop rig). What I've decided to try, is I ordered an Emdom hippie rig (it's a short drop molle platform, rides on hip) and a Bladetech tac-light holster. I'm going to try that - hopefully it doesn't flop around, but more importantly, hopefully it doesn't bunch up and make the draw difficult. We'll see. If that doesn't work, I'll probably try the G-code Mule ISS (also a short drop rig, but has a kydex plate, and I don't like their tac-light holsters; but they make an adapter for Bladetech holsters).

I have tried the Hippie Panel with a Blade-Tech light holster. I didn't like it; too floppy. I ended up running Safariland ALS holsters mounted to the short, one strap platform, suspended from a shortened Down-East Gear swivel link. I like this set up.