PDA

View Full Version : MO Highway Patrol turned over to fed's CCW names

platoonDaddy
04-10-13, 20:31
In violation of state law Missouri State Highway Patrol has twice turned over the entire list of Missouri concealed weapon permit holders to federal authorities, most recently in January, Sen. Kurt Schaefer said Wednesday.

http://www.redstate.com/dloesch/2013/04/10/missouri-secretly-shares-entire-ccw-list-with-feds-against-state-law/

Edit - 1 May Docs Show Napolitano Thanked Missouri Governor For Breaking State Law *UPDATE: SENATE FILES REMONSTRANCE

http://www.redstate.com/dloesch/2013/05/01/breaking-docs-show-napolitano-thanked-missouri-governor-for-breaking-state-law/

jpmuscle
04-11-13, 03:09
Yall must be some of those paper terrorist we keep hearing about

;)

Airhasz
04-11-13, 03:22
"Shame On You" MHP...:rolleyes:

Abraxas
04-11-13, 03:44
"Shame On You" MHP...:rolleyes:

You mean MSHP. There is actually an issue with MO's governor currently trying to bypass state law and take part in the real id program the federal government wants nation wide.

jpmuscle
04-11-13, 05:16
You mean MSHP. There is actually an issue with MO's governor currently trying to bypass state law and take part in the real id program the federal government wants nation wide.

That'll get ya angry in the morning ...

polymorpheous
04-11-13, 05:18
This is beyond ****ed up!

Blayglock
04-11-13, 05:25
Is there a way the people in the CCW list could bring legal action?

uffdaphil
04-11-13, 07:36
Wow, the entire list? That is going to be one massive fine. If the top decision maker's and colluders don't get stiff prison sentences, it's pitchforks and torches time.

Ned Christiansen
04-11-13, 07:42
This is supposed to be a nation of laws, not a nation of "I'm the one in power, I'll do what I want. If you don't like it, F you".

Abraxas
04-11-13, 08:48
Is there a way the people in the CCW list could bring legal action?

Should be. I know two people who are in the process of doing just that. There there is also some involvement of the DOR and a few people are trying to get the local Sheriffs to start arresting people. So far that has not happened, but people are getting pretty upset about it all. The feds have been asking for this info for years from the Sheriffs Offices and ALL of them told the feds to kick rocks. But looks like they found a way.

tgizzard
04-11-13, 10:03
This is supposed to be a nation of laws, not a nation of "I'm the one in power, I'll do what I want. If you don't like it, F you".

Couldn't have said it better myself. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Prairie Patriot
04-11-13, 10:28
I will be writing my MO lawmakers asking what can be done to punish those who OK'ed this. Wish we could literally tar and feather those responsible.

If I hear back, then I will post the response.

uffdaphil
04-11-13, 10:32
While the feds may want a national registry of buy/own/carry, it has not been enacted yet. So if they have been asking states for lists is that not suborning a crime? Is not colluding with a state government conspiracy to violate? How many other states are turning over gun specific information? Are we expected to go along with the corrupt Holder Justice Department overseeing an investigation? Will Janet Reno be appointed special prosecutor? Stay tuned.

Much smells rotten a lot closer than Denmark.

Prairie Patriot
04-11-13, 22:58
Here's what I wrote my representative and senator:

"I am writing upon learning of the Missouri Highway Patrol's disclosure of a full list of Concealed Carry Permit (CCP) holders to the federal government, specifically the Social Security Administration (SSA). The reason given by the SSA was the following:

"The intention was to cross-check the names on the concealed carry list with the agency's list of those with disabilities attributed to mental illness to find possible evidence of fraud in the system."

I ask that you introduce legislation that would bar or restrict requests for information on CCP holders. As a CCP holder, I am upset that the information is readily given to other agencies without any oversight or proper notification that the list is being used for purposes other than the one intended. The potential for abusing this information is enormous. The question I ask myself is "Why would they need to cross reference a CCP holders list?" Perhaps I am ignorant of the relevance, but I fail to see how the list would be cross referenced, and thus useful, to detect for fraud within their own system.

I respectfully request that you respond to this communication."

I'll post if I get an answer. Feel free to use this. I tried really hard not to come off as a tin foil hat wearer, but I'll be damned if all I can think of is "registration attempt".

.46caliber
04-15-13, 21:30
Both the DOR and the MSHP were handing over information. Gov. Nixon has been suspiciously silent on the matter.

The head of MO DOR, took office in Dec. 2012, resigned on 4/15/13.

There has been at least one suit filed, and I'm sure there are more.

Not too long ago, MO State passed legislation making this very act a crime at our State level. Time to hand out criminal sentences to our politicians.

Ned Christiansen
04-16-13, 16:23
Both the DOR and the MSHP were handing over information. Gov. Nixon has been suspiciously silent on the matter.

When a person has a chance to say "I didn't do it" or, "I didn't know anything about it", or they don't say "here's how it happened and this is why I'm not guilty"....... they are most likely guilty.

Any of us here, when accused of something we didn't do, would jump at the chance to prove our innocence, to explain ourselves. We see less and less of this in gov't these days. They don't do it because... they don't have to.

.46caliber
04-16-13, 16:38
When a person has a chance to say "I didn't do it" or, "I didn't know anything about it", or they don't say "here's how it happened and this is why I'm not guilty"....... they are most likely guilty.

Any of us here, when accused of something we didn't do, would jump at the chance to prove our innocence, to explain ourselves. We see less and less of this in gov't these days. They don't do it because... they don't have to.

I was in a conversation on Facebook the other day. I threw in a measly 2 cents. "Trust and faith in Govt. is directly disproportionate to its size."

The Govt. as a whole has grown to the point where I can't trust any politician even the ones that I'm pretty sure do align with me. They're politicians first and public servants second and that's why I can't trust.

Maybe I'm succumbing to a "Guilty until proven innocent" mentality regarding elected officials.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

platoonDaddy
04-16-13, 17:12
Director Of MO Department Of Revenue Resigns In Wake Of CCW Scandal

Gov. Jay Nixon today ( 15th April ) announced that Missouri Department of Revenue Director Brian Long has resigned. The resignation is effective immediately. The Governor has named Deputy Director of Revenue John Mollenkamp as acting director of the department.

“I want to thank Brian for his service to the state of Missouri in heading up this department, and wish him well in his future endeavors,” Gov. Nixon said.

Mollenkamp, a native of Rolla, has served as Deputy Director of Revenue since 2011. Prior to taking that position, he was a clinical professor of law at Cornell Law School. Mollenkamp also served as an associate professor of legal writing at the University of Missouri School of Law. He was a Missouri assistant attorney general for several years, and also was in private practice in Joplin. Mollenkamp obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Missouri and his law degree from the University of Texas School of Law.

Long had been named Director of Revenue in December 2012.

Prairie Patriot
04-16-13, 18:49
Not too long ago, MO State passed legislation making this very act a crime at our State level. Time to hand out criminal sentences to our politicians.

How would this even start to get enforced? It's like asking Eric Holder to prosecute the ATF... Seriously, who is able to get the investigation started and charges brought? The State AG?

Director Of MO Department Of Revenue Resigns In Wake Of CCW Scandal

Gov. Jay Nixon today ( 15th April ) announced that Missouri Department of Revenue Director Brian Long has resigned. The resignation is effective immediately. The Governor has named Deputy Director of Revenue John Mollenkamp as acting director of the department.

“I want to thank Brian for his service to the state of Missouri in heading up this department, and wish him well in his future endeavors,” Gov. Nixon said.

Mollenkamp, a native of Rolla, has served as Deputy Director of Revenue since 2011. Prior to taking that position, he was a clinical professor of law at Cornell Law School. Mollenkamp also served as an associate professor of legal writing at the University of Missouri School of Law. He was a Missouri assistant attorney general for several years, and also was in private practice in Joplin. Mollenkamp obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Missouri and his law degree from the University of Texas School of Law.

Long had been named Director of Revenue in December 2012.

At least someone's head has rolled at the DOR. Now it's the MSHP's turn. And then, charges should be brought against the responsible parties. But again, will it actually happen?

Is there any recourse if LE will not move against law breakers?

Ned Christiansen
04-16-13, 18:49
So, there were consequences.... that's a little encouraging. Not that it would do any good, but they need to go through the motions of "getting the names back".

People in government don't realize how much they are eroding public confidence, and how it will at some point morph into something else that won't be good for anyone.

platoonDaddy
04-16-13, 19:03
Just realized long was only director from Dec 2012 to Apr 15 2013. Wonder if he will leave with a pension?

Friggin ATF & SS receiving that info! Backdoor registration?
“This request for the list was a joint request between the Department of Social Security and the ATF,” explained Missouri State Senator Kurt Schaefer, who has spearheaded the investigation into this breach as head of the Senate Appropriations Committee.

.46caliber
04-16-13, 19:46
How would this even start to get enforced? It's like asking Eric Holder to prosecute the ATF... Seriously, who is able to get the investigation started and charges brought? The State AG?

At least someone's head has rolled at the DOR. Now it's the MSHP's turn. And then, charges should be brought against the responsible parties. But again, will it actually happen?

Is there any recourse if LE will not move against law breakers?

I have no idea how or who it would be enforced. Recourse must happen. The last thing we need is elected officials to have examples of how they can act above the law. Give Long a month for every Missourian who had their privacy violated. Hell, give him 4 years. Something is better than nothing here. Our State Reps are clamoring for action to right this. Hopefully they don't pipe down until Long and the head honcho of MSHP are charged and convicted.

Remember, no heads have rolled. Long stepped down, on his own accord, because the job was "taking a toll" on his family. No one is reporting it as a coerced resignation.

We need charges brought against the leadership of the DOR and MSHP. They broke State law. I would suppose the AG could do it. I'd love to see the Governor's Office endorse it, but I think I would have a better chance of finding a BCM HSP Jack Carbine for $50 on GunBroker.

.46caliber
04-16-13, 19:49

You are dead on, and I'm livid that statements like that truly indicate where our leadership is.

.46caliber
04-16-13, 19:53
Well I'll be a horse's ass.

Anchor for KSDK Channel 5 (NBC) is running a story tonight on how our driver's license information has been compromised.

If anyone watches it, please report back.

Prairie Patriot
04-16-13, 20:18
Remember, no heads have rolled. Long stepped down, on his own accord, because the job was "taking a toll" on his family. No one is reporting it as a coerced resignation.

Ah, I assumed he was asked to resign. So, in reality, nothing has been proactively done to punish these people.

.46caliber
04-17-13, 06:48
Ah, I assumed he was asked to resign. So, in reality, nothing has been proactively done to punish these people.

Not yet. Investigation ongoing.

Ned Christiansen
04-17-13, 10:03
Who was it on the Fed side who requested / received the names? They need looking at too.

.46caliber
04-17-13, 11:09
I don't think all the details are out. ATF was reportedly in on it and I believe the Fed DOR was the one equipping the DMV offices with the new equipment.

glocktogo
04-17-13, 11:27
I don't think all the details are out. ATF was reportedly in on it and I believe the Fed DOR was the one equipping the DMV offices with the new equipment.

Yes, they reportedly are:

http://www.missourinet.com/2013/04/16/senator-atf-also-wanted-missouri-concealed-carry-holder-information/

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/nascar3n8fan/77D15CAE-C050-4C23-8E82-50E4CFA406E3-14749-000013FA3C98DC9D_zps7aa7c52f.jpg

Prairie Patriot
04-17-13, 12:03
Completely unacceptable. I just more and more angry about the whole situation.

.46caliber
04-17-13, 12:34
Bark at your Reps and Senators. They're already working in our favor so we can encourage them to keep going. Double bark at Nixon. He's been a slag about the subject and if he's innocent, he still needs to get it corrected.

.46caliber
04-17-13, 12:36

http://www.missourinet.com/2013/04/16/senator-atf-also-wanted-missouri-concealed-carry-holder-information/

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/nascar3n8fan/77D15CAE-C050-4C23-8E82-50E4CFA406E3-14749-000013FA3C98DC9D_zps7aa7c52f.jpg

Thanks for the confirmation and loss of appetite.

platoonDaddy
05-01-13, 14:00
1 May 2013 Docs Show Napolitano Thanked Missouri Governor For Breaking State Law *UPDATE: SENATE FILES REMONSTRANCE http://www.redstate.com/dloesch/2013/05/01/breaking-docs-show-napolitano-thanked-missouri-governor-for-breaking-state-law/

Missouri Governor Jay Nixon repeatedly denied knowing anything about Missouri illegally sharing its citizens private CCW information with the federal government, even after his own head of Missouri Highway Patrol contradicted him in a public hearing. Now we’ve learned that Nixon not only knew about the violation of Missouri law, but he was thanked in a letter by Janet Napolitano. Check out the letter at the above link.

.46caliber
05-01-13, 14:59
Time to toss the Governor. Illinois likes crook Governors, hand Nixon his transfer papers.

jpmuscle
05-01-13, 19:32

Just wow....

Alpha Sierra
05-01-13, 19:36
Maybe Sheriffs ought to start exercising their powers and start arresting state officials in whatever office they might sit, right up to the governor.

Ned Christiansen
05-01-13, 20:17
The ultimate ironic justice would be the governor being arrested by.... rank and file State Troopers.

.46caliber
05-01-13, 23:41
The ultimate ironic justice would be the governor being arrested by.... rank and file State Troopers.

I wonder if the head of the State Troopers will cry "I only broke the law cause Nixon told me too."

I'm just glad our State House and Senate are made up the way they are. Maybe MO would be more expensive for him to buy than CO.