PDA

View Full Version : Vacation places

mikelowrey
04-10-13, 23:36
Hello all,

The last couple of days I have been trying to find a good vacation place to take my wife but I haven't found anything. What would you recommend? Just mind that she also wants to relax besides enjoying good attractions and we already went to Florida and she didn't like it. We are open to the 50 states.

Thank you

GeorgiaBoy
04-10-13, 23:41
Go see and tour the White House?

Oh wait...

mikelowrey
04-10-13, 23:58
Go see and tour the White House?

Oh wait...

Ahhhh nope that ain't happening. :P

Honu
04-10-13, 23:59
Hawaii :)

Ya know I always love the Oregon coast very pretty areas along the coast

Not sure what attractions she likes ? Am more a nature guy than shopper

montanadave
04-11-13, 00:02
Wailea, Maui.

You can thank me later.

mikelowrey
04-11-13, 00:02

I mentioned her Hawaii but she hates planes so i have to drive. She's not a shopper either she likes aquariums, caves, stuff like that for now since she's pregnant and you know how it is, you have to be "very nice" lol

HES
04-11-13, 00:03
Our favorite vacation is to stay in Bryson City, NC. Tubing, white water rafting, horseback riding, cades cove, and if you like kitsch, Gatlinburg is right over the mountains.

tinman44
04-11-13, 00:04
Tennessee has aquarium and caves

Aaron_B
04-11-13, 02:10
Another vote for Bryson, NC. I have been there a couple of times since its only about 4 hours from me. My wife and I try to make it there once a year and we stay at a bed and breakfast right outside the town. http://folkestoneinn.com/index.html , this is the place with trails very close by.

chuckman
04-11-13, 04:46
Coastal NC/SC. Problem solved. It is a balm that soothes the soul.

Honu
04-11-13, 05:38
Wailea, Maui.

You can thank me later.

west side :) Kapalua area is my fav but I am from Kahana area ;) so biased to the west side ! haahhaha

whole islands is great though and close that one side or the other is easy to get to ! :)

Honu
04-11-13, 05:40
if you are driving and she is Prego :) stick to the coast you are closest to and congrats :)

we did a 2 week off road camping trip when my wife was 4-5 months prego !

Noodles
04-11-13, 08:34

I would suggest alcohol and/or Dramamine and get her on a plane, get out of the country. IMO, it's a real problem that Americans have no idea of the world outside of the states. If you don't understand that it's down right amazing that we can buy a whole bottle of ibuprofen for $2, for as far as I'm concerned you need to Tavel a bit. (The rest of the world pays $1-$2 per 400-600mg pill, sold individuall out of the package.) Then again, you can buy pseudoefedrina with no ID...

But stuck to the states, Oregon coast is pretty great. I'd add Yellowstone/Glacier or Moab/Zion Utah as well. Those are must see in the US. All of the states have "something" but those above are the true wonders. NYC is a must see regardless of politics, but that's only a wonder that everything seems to go on day by day. There is also Canada, and personally if avoid Mexico in favor of Nica, CR, or Panama.

montanadave
04-11-13, 08:38
Not to violate your persopsec, but what neck of the woods would you be driving from to assist folks in recommending potential destinations?

Crow Hunter
04-11-13, 09:13
Hello all,

The last couple of days I have been trying to find a good vacation place to take my wife but I haven't found anything. What would you recommend? Just mind that she also wants to relax besides enjoying good attractions and we already went to Florida and she didn't like it. We are open to the 50 states.

Thank you

Where are you starting from?

What are you/she interested in? I saw caves/aquariums, anything else? (Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg is better than Chattanooga's Tennessee Aquarium by a wide margin. My brother says that Atlanta's has them both beat)

How far are you willing to drive?

Alex V
04-11-13, 09:13
I would suggest alcohol and/or Dramamine and get her on a plane, get out of the country. IMO, it's a real problem that Americans have no idea of the world outside of the states.

Could not agree more! Why limit yourself, unless it's a financial thing.

Even so, I recently got married in the Dominican Republic and my wife and I have been going there on vacation for 7 years. Since the second year of dating each other. What you pay for 8 nights at an all inclusive resort in the DR we would not even get 4 nights at the Jersey shore during peak season.

But stuck to the states, NYC is a must see regardless of politics, but that's only a wonder that everything seems to go on day by day.

Don't go to NYC... I have a hard time enough getting to work without even more tourists. Why do they need to stop in the middle of the sidewalk every 25' and look up... its the same building... keep walking lol :dance3: