PDA

View Full Version : Are Individuals The Property Of The Collective?

feedramp
04-11-13, 22:25
Worth a read:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-11/guest-post-are-individuals-property-collective

Teaser:
Mankind has faced a bewildering multitude of self-made catastrophes and self-made terrors over the past few millennium, most of which stem from a single solitary conflict between two opposing social qualities: individualism vs. collectivism. These two forces of organizational mechanics have gone through evolution after evolution over the years, and we believe the long battle is nearing an apex moment; a moment in which one ideology or the other will become dominant around the world for well beyond the foreseeable future. Collectivism as a philosophy is a perfect tool for oligarchy. The men who dominate such systems rarely if ever actually believe in the tenets they espouse. They sell the idea of single-minded society as a nurturing light that will create group supremacy, prosperity, and perfect safety. But the truth is, they couldn’t care less about accomplishing any of these things for the masses. The most vital aspect of the collectivist process is convincing the public that the individual citizen is not sovereign, but is actually the property of the group.

SteyrAUG
04-11-13, 22:56
I'm trying my hardest to be an island, owing little and demanding little.

I know what is acceptable to me for my existences. I also know where all the lines are when I simply won't recognize the perceived authority of the "collective" when those lines are crossed.

The problems with freedom, liberty and individualism is that it is hard for any government to generate revenue from those ideas. The closest they can come is to directly threaten them and gain revenue demanded to try and restore them.

We must remember that government isn't simply "organization", it is a parasitic group that demands to be elevated to the top of the social structure under the guise of providing that organization.

Government should be civic duty akin to jury service where people are selected to serve randomly and without significant reward. Then you would have "organization" and individuals would have freedom and liberty.