PDA

View Full Version : Help with barrel brands.

Gunfighter.45
03-23-08, 21:54
Alright my fellow AR brethren. I humbly ask for your help once again. What brands of barrel can you get that would have an M4 profile with the M4 feed ramps on the extension, and be 14.5 long,1/7 rate of twist? Also which brand would you guys go with and why? Thanks in advance guys.

Hang-Fire
03-23-08, 23:57
I have a barrel exactly as you describe that I ordered from CMMG. It was the first barrel I had ever bought from them. It was very well finished and the quality has been first rate. Nicely accurate and totally reliable.

HF

C4IGrant
03-24-08, 08:20
Alright my fellow AR brethren. I humbly ask for your help once again. What brands of barrel can you get that would have an M4 profile with the M4 feed ramps on the extension, and be 14.5 long,1/7 rate of twist? Also which brand would you guys go with and why? Thanks in advance guys.

For stripped barrels, there are not many options. Both LMT and Noveske make what you are looking for, but neither company sells the barrels stripped.

My suggestion would be to buy a LMT and then just sell off whatever you do not want.

C4

Gunfighter.45
03-24-08, 22:38
Will do... Thanks for the help guys. Just one last question,are Sabre defense barrels ok,so so,or very good?