PDA

View Full Version : Johnathan Winters Dead.

Straight Shooter
04-12-13, 14:10
An absolutelty hilarious comedian, truly one of the legends of REAL comedy. Ive busted many a gut laughing at this man.
The old school folks are all almost gone now, almost none of the current idiots can hold a candle to this guy, imo.

jmp45
04-12-13, 14:33
RIP Johnny. My mother's roomate in college dated him. I recall her saying he was hilarious to be with. One of a kind for sure, I'm not a big fan of this current generation comedians.

Straight Shooter
04-12-13, 14:41
Could you imagine running around with this guy?! You couldn't even eat or drink without choking, laughing at this dude. I bet he was a riot to be around all the time. God bless him.

jmp45
04-12-13, 14:50
She said in the grocery store he'd pick up products off the shelf and improvise with some of the many characters that inhabited him.

04-12-13, 15:24
He was a seriously funny guy. Enjoy it when his bits come on one of the XM comedy channels.

RIP Mr. Winters.

Hmac
04-12-13, 15:25
Supposedly, Jonathan Winters was a primary inspiration to Robin Williams. I once saw a laugh-off with the two of them extemporaneously riffing off each other. THAT was funny. Both are/were very talented men.

Safetyhit
04-12-13, 15:36
Thank-you for posting this SS. He was somehow my short-tempered grandfather's favorite and had a huge impact on me as well. Make all kinds of funny noises and gestures when I'm with my son and the dogs, considering my upbringing he seems to be the primary reason due to watching him as a youngster.

The old school folks are all almost gone now, almost none of the current idiots can hold a candle to this guy, imo.

Ain't it the truth.

fixit69
04-12-13, 15:44
And we lose yet another damn good one. Lots of great memories, though. Truly funny guy.

Straight Shooter
04-12-13, 15:49
Hey Safetyhit-
I do that too, I carry on all the time, people either look at me funny or bowl over laughing, one of the two. I love cutting up, My granddaddy used to be one character, I tell you, he was an A-1 mess. I get a lot of that from him.
What jmp45 said about Winters picking up stuff in the grocery store is funny, I can see him now. I hope TBS or some station somewhere does a daylong tribute to him sometime, let some of the younger here get turned onto him.

Moose-Knuckle
04-12-13, 15:59
One of the greats.

Safetyhit
04-12-13, 16:01
Hey Safetyhit-
I do that too, I carry on all the time, people either look at me funny or bowl over laughing, one of the two. I love cutting up, My granddaddy used to be one character, I tell you, he was an A-1 mess. I get a lot of that from him.

Well then you have the A-1 pass from me to visicously ridicule flip-flop wearers and others with whom you disagree with all you like. What the hell. :D

Straight Shooter
04-12-13, 16:13
HA!! That's a good un!
I like getting a rise outta the flip-flop/sandal/croc/moccasin/ho-chi-minh shoe wearing bunch!

Crow Hunter
04-12-13, 16:18
I always considered him one of the funniest comedians ever.

He was my Dad's favorite.

I would have loved to just sit around watching TV with him. I bet you could hurt yourself being around him for long.

You should watch his Twilight Zone episode as a pool champion.

I kept wanting him to do something funny, and he was serious the whole time, kind of stressful.:D

I don't know if this was before he became a famous comedian or not.

Magic_Salad0892
04-12-13, 17:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUO6-Byrel0

kry226
04-12-13, 18:24
Supposedly, Jonathan Winters was a primary inspiration to Robin Williams. I once saw a laugh-off with the two of them extemporaneously riffing off each other. THAT was funny. Both are/were very talented men.
Makes sense that he cameo'd on Mork and Mindy, huh? One of the greats.

kry226
04-12-13, 18:51
Letterman loses control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiSXnmTJmCM