PDA

View Full Version : Remmy sells out $$$

Phillygunguy
04-13-13, 13:18
http://gunssavelives.net/blog/remington-opts-to-stay-in-new-york-state-expand-operations-after-getting-80m-govt-contract/

woodandsteel
04-13-13, 13:42
How is this a sell out? Is Remington in the tank with the anti 2A crowds? Serious question. I have seen a lot of Remington hate of late, and was wondering if it was because they are not moving? Or are they toting the "common sense" line?

I'm all for boycotting states that are going after my right guaranteed under the 2A. But, we do have friends in those states who are still trying to fight the good fight.

In New York, the SAFE Act is under scrutiny. It may not pass judicial review. We could use friendly people behind enemy lines there.

Plus, besides the metro areas, I understand that New York tends to be quite conservative. Maybe Ilion is one of those red areas where a pro 2A movement can take root.

Phillygunguy
04-13-13, 14:26
How is this a sell out? Is Remington in the tank with the anti 2A crowds? Serious question. I have seen a lot of Remington hate of late, and was wondering if it was because they are not moving? Or are they toting the "common sense" line?

I'm all for boycotting states that are going after my right guaranteed under the 2A. But, we do have friends in those states who are still trying to fight the good fight.

In New York, the SAFE Act is under scrutiny. It may not pass judicial review. We could use friendly people behind enemy lines there.

Plus, besides the metro areas, I understand that New York tends to be quite conservative. Maybe Ilion is one of those red areas where a pro 2A movement can take root.

Because they gave into money They could have moved to a gun free State and stood for the 2A, but they opted for a bribe not to leave.
Magpul had the right idea If manufactures don't stick together it makes boycotts of other Anti Gun states harder to do

HackerF15E
04-13-13, 15:07
The last thing the RKBA community needs to be doing is sticking knives in each others' backs right now. Speaking of 'stick together', we all need to instead of looking for ways to fracture the firearms community or make certain manufacturers into pariahs for ridiculous reasons.

I'm happy if Remington just stays in business -- I don't need them to 'make a statement'.

theblackknight
04-13-13, 15:16
Because they gave into money They could have moved to a gun free State and stood for the 2A, but they opted for a bribe not to leave.
Magpul had the right idea If manufactures don't stick together it makes boycotts of other Anti Gun states harder to do

If you expect every company to jump ship, kill yourself

sent from mah gun,using my sights

LHS
04-13-13, 15:34
Last I checked, Remington is still owned by Cerberus. They may not have the ability to just pick up and move without permission from their overlords.

chadbag
04-13-13, 16:20
Last I checked, Remington is still owned by Cerberus. They may not have the ability to just pick up and move without permission from their overlords.

Though they are trying hard to sell it.

---

LHS
04-13-13, 16:37
Though they are trying hard to sell it.

Who'd want to buy it in the midst of all this regulatory uncertainty, especially if it were in the middle of a very expensive migration to a new manufacturing facility?

chadbag
04-13-13, 16:39
Who'd want to buy it in the midst of all this regulatory uncertainty, especially if it were in the middle of a very expensive migration to a new manufacturing facility?

Sorry, I meant Cerebus is trying to sell Freedom Group, whichs owns Remington. Cerebus does not own Remington directly, but as part of Freedom Group.

---

Spiffums
04-13-13, 19:40
Does Remmy make anything that has over 7 rounds anyways? I know they got an AR but isn't that just a .gov contract?

TAZ
04-14-13, 19:21
As much as I to saying the $80m contract is a significant amount of change that would be hard to walk away from for anyone. That contract was awarded before the shit hit the fan from what I remember. If they accepted the contract moving would put them in violation and could cost them the $$. If the DoD does things like they should the mfg facility is certified as capable in addition to the design. You can't just pick up and move all the tools across the country, hire new folks and expect to simply say everything is exactly the same as the units tested. IMO that would be negligent from DoD.

I'd love to see every maker move to a locale that doesn't treat them like lepers, but just as we don't expect every individual to abandon their jobs and families we shouldn't expect companies to do so.