PDA

View Full Version : New Mk12 type Build done!

af22raptor
04-14-13, 15:30
Well after doing allot of research and checking allot of websites for availability of parts and lots and lots of waiting for parts to become available my version of the Mk12 if finally build.

here is the parts list:
Spikes Tactical Calico Jack Stripped Lower Receiver
Enhanced LPK Flat Dark Earth
Mil-Spec 6 position Buffer Tube Assembly kit
JP Enterprise Stripped Flat top Upper Receiver
Colt Upper Receiver parts kit
Daniel Defense Stripped 18" 5.56mm 1/7 twist Chromed lined bore S2W Mid-Length CHF barrel
Wilson Combat Mid-Length Gas Tube
Yankee Hill YHM-9384 Low Profile Gas Block Slotted
Smith Enterprise AR15/M16 VOrtex Flash Hider
Bravo Company AR15/m16 Charging Handle Large
Magpul Mil-spec ACS Buttstock FDE
AFG1 DFE
MBUS Front and Rear Sight FDE (the front is on back order)
Samson Manufacturing Star-R Samson Tactical Accessory Rail System Rifle Length Free Floating Rail System
The BCG is still up for grab since no-one has them in-stock I am looking for either a Daniel Defense or Spike Tactical Chrome BCG but I still have not found one yet but I am looking.
I am still considering which glass to put on I keep going back and forth on a 1-4x 24mm Burris with Fast Fire or the 1.5-6x 40mm w/FF
For right now I am going to keep the Eotech 512 w/ Magnifier till I make my mind on which glass I will go with.

Mk12
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg67/af22raptor23503/DSC00617.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg67/af22raptor23503/e6426c14-5018-4a4d-ae1b-b926bd8a1580.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg67/af22raptor23503/DSC00627.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg67/af22raptor23503/DSC00630.jpg
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg67/af22raptor23503/DSC00636.jpg

af22raptor
04-18-13, 02:22
I was able to order a Nickle Boron coated Complete Bolt Carrier Group. The order was put in Tuesday afternoon and it shipped out Wednesday afternoon and the tracking number is showing delivery on Friday mid-day. I have to give kudos to NOKICK dot com. Great Customer Services and great with selection and reasonable prices. The BCG was $238 which considering how the market is I consider myself lucky to have been able to find one for my rifle.

Any and all contructive critisims

later

AF22raptor

af22raptor
04-18-13, 02:32
I have been considering the Burris Tactical 1-4x24mm with Fast Fire, kept the Eotech w/magnifier or the Burris Tactical 1.5-6dx40 with a FF sight. I would appreciate any one has information or first hand knowlegge on the Burris or similar type of scope

Required Specs:
1-6x
illiuminated reticle
solid performer and
ability to mount a dot scope

Thank you.

Alaska3006
04-12-14, 21:43
Sweet rifle

I almost have my MK 12 Mod 0 done
It's taken me 1 1/2 years to make.......

Supergyro
04-12-14, 22:15
Uhmmm... Is any 18" AR a mk12 now? If you would have said SPR you might be alright, but this has as much parts commonality with a mk12 as a... well just about any off the wall 18" rifle.

Don't get me wrong, she looks great. I just don't see where you get mk12 from that.

Sent from my SCH-I500

Alaska3006
04-12-14, 22:45
Uhmmm... Is any 18" AR a mk12 now? If you would have said SPR you might be alright, but this has as much parts commonality with a mk12 as a... well just about any off the wall 18" rifle.

Don't get me wrong, she looks great. I just don't see where you get mk12 from that.

Sent from my SCH-I500

My MK 12 Mod 0

Supergyro
04-12-14, 22:53
My MK 12 Mod 0

Comment was directed at the OP. Good looking rifle, Alaska.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Alaska3006
04-12-14, 22:54
Comment was directed at the OP. Good looking rifle, Alaska.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you

Please be nice! Point taken

af22raptor
04-12-14, 22:59
My build was based on a few pre-Mk12 Mod 0 rifles that I had the honor to shoot during a very short TAD assignment at Little Creek Amphibian Base where I was able to interact with several Team Operators and because of the friendships that developed I was able to go to the Weapon range at both Dam Neck and Little Creek where I was introduced to several pre-commissioned versions of the M110, Mk12 Mod 0, Pre-HK416 and other weapons that are now standard issue for Spec Op Operators. Being able to fire full auto and weapons that most people only get to read about in magazines or shoot in video games was an AWESOME experience and one of the best times of my time in the Navy.

SPR could also be used for my build but since I was Navy and not Army the Mk12 would be more appropriate. Many of the weapons used my Operators are customized for not only the mission but also for the Operator using it.

Alaska3006
04-12-14, 23:06
Crane Div made some good stuff

All MK 12 are being phased out due to being wore out

Budgets being hacked......war drawing to close

af22raptor
04-12-14, 23:43
Crane as well as in-command Gunners mates who are the armorers and gunsmiths who are unsung heroes that make sure that the Operators have top of the line weapons that will function no matter what. While I was in Norfolk I was a member of a weekend shooting league that was made up of all service branches as well as FBI, ICE, BATFE, State Police, local SWAT as well as Operators from the FAST, MEU SOC and SEALs. Since tactical competition is a great way to keep the skill level at a higher level it was very cool to talk about the latest firearms and got to shoot some very cool firearms that would show up on the cover of firearms magazines a few months later. One of my favorite pistols was the HK45 and HK USP CT 45 with the extended threaded barrel specially since I had the USP 45 Compact.

I did not know that the MK12 were being phased out but knowing the kind of magic the Gunners Mates can do the Mk12 will be re-incarnated into something else. Just look at the M-14 that Arctic Warfare Operators have been using for many years.

Alaska3006
04-13-14, 00:22
Crane as well as in-command Gunners mates who are the armorers and gunsmiths who are unsung heroes that make sure that the Operators have top of the line weapons that will function no matter what. While I was in Norfolk I was a member of a weekend shooting league that was made up of all service branches as well as FBI, ICE, BATFE, State Police, local SWAT as well as Operators from the FAST, MEU SOC and SEALs. Since tactical competition is a great way to keep the skill level at a higher level it was very cool to talk about the latest firearms and got to shoot some very cool firearms that would show up on the cover of firearms magazines a few months later. One of my favorite pistols was the HK45 and HK USP CT 45 with the extended threaded barrel specially since I had the USP 45 Compact.

I did not know that the MK12 were being phased out but knowing the kind of magic the Gunners Mates can do the Mk12 will be re-incarnated into something else. Just look at the M-14 that Arctic Warfare Operators have been using for many years.

Mk23 HK great pistol.........very bulky

My next pistol P226 Tactical with SRT trigger in 9mm .........my son has one........if I can ever get him to trade with me.

af22raptor
04-13-14, 01:21
Mk23 is way too big and bulky and most of the Seals that I have talked to about sidearms prefer a 1911, Sig 226 9mm some prefer the 40sw, Sig 220 45acp, HK45 with extended threaded barrel, or the HK45 Compact Tactical or USP Compact Tactical 45 with the 4.46 inch threaded barrel, or the Glock 17/Glock 22.
http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/pistols.asp
The HK's Compact Tactical give the majority of the capabilities of the MK23 except the locking the slide during a suppressed or unsuppressed shot. The other advantage over that the CT have over the Mk23 is that the CT are almost 3/4LB lighter. I had a Team Armorer tweak my USP Compact and replace the spurless hammer with a standard one just like HK did with the HK45 Compact.

I purchased a Sig P226 E squared in 40sw last year and I love it. Having the Rail is great and the SRT trigger is AWESOME in single action. I was originally looking for the Tac Ops 226 but my LGS did not have one but they did have the E square which comes with 3 factory mags, SRT trigger, Night Sights, and the Slim one piece grips with the new hammer strut relocated but no beavertail frame. The sights on the 226 Tac Ops fiber optic/night sights have been having issues with the fiber optic coming out or just breaking off. My fiancee got me a Sig 1911 Tac Ops 45acp this Valentine Day and I am going to test fire it tomorrow with a couple of Navy buddies. The 1911 qualified for the Sig Promotion that when one of the selected Sig 1911 was purchased Sig gave a FREE Sig 1911 22LR pistol.

I am almost done with my SRP/MK12 project still have a few minor details to work out like finalizing the grip, I had the YHM flip front sight that was attached to the barrel but I replaced with a Magpul MBUS, I installed a Nikon M223 4x16 42mm scope with the 600 yard BCR I have yet had a chance to get it sight it and have the scope set to work with M262 Mod 0 ammo the Black Hills Ammunition 77gr OTM and set the scope to be able to take shots out to atleast 300 yards since that is the max range available to shoot in my area there is a 500 yeard range but its 3 and half hours away and since I just had MAJOR back surgery from a service connected injury in the line of duty I cannot those types of trips right now maybe in the fall.

lahunter57
04-22-14, 18:08
I'm also doing an SPR build. Any issues with your Spikes lower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alaska3006
04-22-14, 18:30
I suggest try to copy the Orignal mk 12 close as possible with Colt/ upper and lower
It will add to value of your rifle

lahunter57
04-22-14, 18:38
I suggest try to copy the Orignal mk 12 close as possible with Colt/ upper and lower
It will add to value of your rifle

I agree but I've already purchased the components and I got a spikes lower because it was available locally and at a good price. I'm almost afraid to even mention spikes on this forum for fear of getting flamed. Everything else I've purchased is of excellent quality (Rainier ultramatch spr, bcm upper/bcg, centurion cmr, geissele ssa-e). I was just wondering what his consensus of his lower was.

af22raptor
04-22-14, 20:36
I'm also doing an SPR build. Any issues with your Spikes lower?

I have build 5 Spikes Tactical Lowers with Spike and Colt LPKs without any issues. Since I live about 30 minutes from Spikes Tactical its easier to go to their shop and take a look around the new stuff and pick up the lowers. The lowers are Top Notch and do not have any issues with alignment of the pins. I highly recommend them!

lahunter57
04-22-14, 21:55
I have build 5 Spikes Tactical Lowers with Spike and Colt LPKs without any issues. Since I live about 30 minutes from Spikes Tactical its easier to go to their shop and take a look around the new stuff and pick up the lowers. The lowers are Top Notch and do not have any issues with alignment of the pins. I highly recommend them!

That's good to know! I know there's not much love for them around here but if it runs, it runs. Thanks for the boost in my confidence of my lower!

af22raptor
04-22-14, 22:59
That's good to know! I know there's not much love for them around here but if it runs, it runs. Thanks for the boost in my confidence of my lower!

Not a Problem! Spikes also has a very nice standard LPK and the Enhanced one comes with the KNS pin kit and ambi safety. I also found the Collapsible tube extension to be very well build and finished! I do not work for Spike I just like to give credit where credit is due.