PDA

View Full Version : Democratic donors set sights on Texas

platoonDaddy
04-14-13, 16:54
The CA progressives screwed up CA and are now moving east, their next big target is Texas!

Big Democratic donors are setting their sights on Texas amid expectations that it might be up for grabs as early as the 2016 US presidential election because of its rapidly changing demographics, potentially creating a Texas-sized problem for the Republican party.

Steve Mostyn, the Texan trial lawyer who was one of Barack Obama’s biggest financial supporters in 2012, said it was not only wealthy Texas donors who were intent on turning the red Lone Star state blue. For the first time, rich Democrats across the country were ready to begin pouring money in to try to create the kind of organisation and political infrastructure that the Obama campaign machine built in battleground states like Ohio.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4880fbfe-a4e5-11e2-8777-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2QTdLhPWy

SteveS
04-14-13, 20:02
If the majority of Texans are as stupid as the majority of Californians there will be no hope.

SOWT
04-15-13, 13:50
10 years from now the Majority will be stupid.

CodeRed30
04-15-13, 15:15
Wouldn't be surprised to see Bloomberg's ass follow suit...

Hopefully the traditional Texans can push these assholes out.

sadmin
04-15-13, 15:28
Im no one, but I know some people personally who are in the very wealthy category; like the sort that donate in the 7 figures range...not one of them donated to that banana breath's campaign. So hopefully there are enough financially blessed on the Right to combat this.

twistedcomrade
04-24-13, 20:40
If Texas goes blue, then the country is lost. Immigration is slowly making this happen, but I think our country's economy will collapse before that happens.

thebarracuda
04-24-13, 22:25
Living in the Republik of Illinois, I view Texas as the last stand state. Lose Texas, there is no where else to go...

SteveS
03-07-18, 08:55
Texas is turning into the next California sooner that we thought. Texas has been Californiated.

jethroUSMC
03-07-18, 15:10
Agreed. Houston - the city and politicians was gone a bit ago. Over the last several years Dallas like most metropolitan areas has gone that direction.

Having family and friends around those two areas and the sheer volume of gun owners in the suburbs and rural areas still give me some hope.

The Dems have been focusing on Texas for a little while now.

The_War_Wagon
03-07-18, 15:14
And yesterday at the polls... they failed miserably.

On the BRIGHT side, they whizzed away a LOTTA money, in accomplishing nothing! :sarcastic:

jethroUSMC
03-07-18, 15:20
Excellent news!

fledge
03-07-18, 15:25
And announcements like this are times to spur enthusiasm among Dems leading up to November. Nothing more.

yoni
03-07-18, 16:29
If Texas goes, then the greatest country in the world will have failed.

Failed to long term sustain a G-D given mission, which despite our current divides is still fulfilling the mission.

What is the mission to have created a country that has given the whole world hope and done more than any other country in world history to ease human suffering.

For if the progressives take over, human suffering will increase in the USA and then as the whole country follows CA into crippling debit and stupid policies. America will no longer lead in the world wide war against evil and human suffering will increase world wide.

You know we Jews feel we are G-Ds chosen people, but this Jew thinks Americans are also chosen to lead in this mission.

G-D bless Texas and the USA, may He give us wisdom and strength for the life and death struggle we are in.

Renegade
03-07-18, 17:56
The Dems have been focusing on Texas for a little while now.

Yep and they keep failing. From 2013 OP:

Big Democratic donors are setting their sights on Texas amid expectations that it might be up for grabs as early as the 2016 US presidential election because of its rapidly changing demographics, potentially creating a Texas-sized problem for the Republican party.

Well that did not happen in 2016, and yesterday Dems got trounced despite the so-called blue wave that was supposed to happen. Like Cowboys fans, they keep thinking this the year they return to power, only to see Lucy pull the Football away. ROFL. Turnout was about 3:2 in favor of Republicans, and since most were incumbents, there was little excitement. 0-25 years and counting.

Governor:
Democrat 1,017,940
Republican 1,540,195

Lt Governor:
Democrat 958,091
Republican 1,536,239

Land Commissioner:
Democrat 943,915
Republican 1,476,418

RR Commissioner:
Democrat 918.267
Republican 1,370,031

Senate:
Democrat 1,037,779
Republican 1,543,574

Renegade
03-07-18, 17:57
And yesterday at the polls... they failed miserably.

On the BRIGHT side, they whizzed away a LOTTA money, in accomplishing nothing! :sarcastic:

That plus some expensive runoffs are in their future. Winning.

SeriousStudent
03-07-18, 20:14
Texas is turning into the next California sooner that we thought. Texas has been Californiated.

Pray tell, what factual data do you base that on?

I am just curious, as a native Texan who was involved in politics and political fundraising for many years. What is your source of data out there in California, that allows you to confidently pronounce a verdict on a state in which you do not reside?

I am fascinated by all the out of state pundits telling me how hopeless my situation is here.

Trust me, many of us understand the crucial role this state plays.

If you really understand Texas politics, then you understand what a HUGE bit of news this is: Republican Bob Strauss will not be the Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives in the next legislative session.

Trust me, that has about the same impact nationally as Trump's last Supreme Court nomination. If you truly understood Texas politics, you would know this to be true.

Dallas, Houston, Austin and San Antonio have been Democrat strongholds for the last 25 years. It's also irrelevant. Texas has 254 counties, and the population of those four land-locked cities is not growing nearly as fast as the very dark red suburbs. Plus, look at the number of non-voting illegal aliens in those four cities. Texas is putting people in JAIL for felony illegal voting.

Do some research on that before you start saying prayers over our corpse, please.

SeriousStudent
03-07-18, 20:17
That plus some expensive runoffs are in their future. Winning.

Yup, Lupe Valdez has very little money in the bank, and may not even survive the primary runoff.

Abbot will crush her or White in November. It will be a humiliating defeat for her. She'll wish she still had her Sheriff's gig.