PDA

View Full Version : QD sling sockets on an AK?

Pork Chop
04-15-13, 08:14
Tapatalk is being an a-hole today & won't give me the search option, so forgive me if this has been covered.

Anybody installed QD sling sockets on an AK underfolder? Ideally I'd like it in the rear of the receiver, similar to using a Noveske plate on an AR. I've looked at some options, but I'm curious if anybody has done it and has any advice or links to what they used.

Pics and experiences appreciated.

96 SS
04-15-13, 09:23
Right now one of the best options is the Echo 93 V3 QD.

http://youtu.be/7nO6t9m11Nc

RMiller
04-15-13, 14:19
Right now one of the best options is the Echo 93 V3 QD.

http://youtu.be/7nO6t9m11Nc

I don't think that will work on an underfolder.

I'd imagine a IWC add on QD could be mounted somewhere. Downside is drilling a hole in the receiver.

However if the company in the video made a version that mounts in the same fashion but puts the tab in the rear of the receiver......

Pork Chop
04-15-13, 14:23
I don't think that will work on an underfolder.

I'd imagine a IWC add on QD could be mounted somewhere. Downside is drilling a hole in the receiver.

However if the company in the video made a version that mounts in the same fashion but puts the tab in the rear of the receiver......

I had thought about a flush mount from IWC, but drilling the receiver is not turning me on unless I have to.

I figured someone made a doodad, but maybe not?

96 SS
04-15-13, 14:46
I missed the part about underfolder.

UF's are a dog in many ways - and this is a great example of this.

Get an E93 loop at the back and use an HK hook or mash hook and it's essentially a QD.

Dave_M
04-15-13, 18:55
Hm, maybe a UWL with a QD socket?

Pork Chop
04-16-13, 14:21
I went with this as a solution. http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=fm-qd&cat=165&page=1&search=&since=&status=&title=

I'll have to drill a 1/2" hole in the receiver, but I measured and there's clearance inside for it and it'll be secure.
Thanks for the replies.

RMiller
04-16-13, 18:52
I went with this as a solution. http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=fm-qd&cat=165&page=1&search=&since=&status=&title=

I'll have to drill a 1/2" hole in the receiver, but I measured and there's clearance inside for it and it'll be secure.
Thanks for the replies.

I bet that'll fit just nicely.

Taking a look at my underfolder and there's quite a bit of room on the back side of the receiver.

Pork Chop
04-16-13, 19:24
Yep, i think it'll work great.

Mine is a Chinese slant back, but it still has room to install this without hitting the cross bar from the folder if I measured correctly.

I wasn't aware that Noveske made these, but it seemed to be the best solution.

420ollie
04-17-13, 12:24
When your done can you post pics?

Pork Chop
04-17-13, 12:41
When your done can you post pics?

Sure, might be a couple weeks before I get to it, but I'll update when it's done.

Pork Chop
04-20-13, 21:29
Well, the Noveske part worked great!

I hope the pics work, I've never loaded pics with tapatalk.

RMiller
04-20-13, 22:02
Well, the Noveske part worked great!

I hope the pics work, I've never loaded pics with tapatalk.

That looks like it belongs there. Good deal!!

twistedcomrade
04-21-13, 09:10
That looks like it belongs there. Good deal!!

It does. While reading this thread I thought Pork Chop was going to hack up a nice AK, but that turned out very nicely.

Pork Chop
04-21-13, 11:23
It does. While reading this thread I thought Pork Chop was going to hack up a nice AK, but that turned out very nicely.

Lol, the time to warn a guy that he may be doing something foolish is BEFORE he hacks up his nice AK. :)

It was pretty easy and I'm pretty anal about project prep. If I wasn't sure it would work prior to drilling, I wouldn't have.

It was pretty straight forward and easy. So easy in fact I find it hard to believe I hadn't seen it done before.

Thanks guys.