PDA

View Full Version : Bidding on a madman's gun

7.62NATO
04-15-13, 14:17
Gun owned by cop killer Christopher Dorner being auctioned at Las Vegas pawn shop

Las Vegas pawn shop is auctioning off a gun that once belonged to cop killer Christopher Dorner, the ex-LAPD officer who led authorities on the largest manhunt in California history when he gunned down four people.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/15/gun-owned-by-cop-killer-christopher-dorner-being-auctioned-at-las-vegas-pawn/?test=latestnews

Auction:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=336341610

jaxman7
04-15-13, 14:28
Tacky. Just tacky.

Maybe it comes w/free Trayvon Martin targets. :(

-Jax

glocktogo
04-15-13, 14:49
Tacky. Just tacky.

Maybe it comes w/free Trayvon Martin targets. :(

-Jax

Story says the pawn shop wants to donate the proceeds of the sale to the victim's families. Current bid is $1,325 for a complete POS gun.

jaxman7
04-15-13, 14:52
Story says the pawn shop wants to donate the proceeds of the sale to the victim's families. Current bid is $1,325 for a complete POS gun.

Well if that's the case....not so bad. Still makes me wonder who is bidding on this though.

-Jax

glocktogo
04-15-13, 15:00
Well if that's the case....not so bad. Still makes me wonder who is bidding on this though.

-Jax

Agreed, it's the bidders that are twisted. :(

gunrunner505
04-15-13, 15:13
Who would want this thing? If you want to make a donation to the families I'm quite sure there's better ways to go about it.

Sick people.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

jpmuscle
04-15-13, 15:37
Who would want this thing? If you want to make a donation to the families I'm quite sure there's better ways to go about it.

Sick people.

Why do some girls become obsessed with murders on death row? same thing.

Honu
04-15-13, 15:47
bidder is twisted !

seller is twisted cause he is doing this for publicity ! even though he is so called giving the funds its not his main objective !

using a murder item to gain anything is just wrong IMHO

fixit69
04-15-13, 15:49
POS gun previously owned by a sick POS. This money better go to the victims.

gunrunner505
04-15-13, 16:08
Why do some girls become obsessed with murders on death row? same thing.

Excellent point sir. Some people are just beyond figuring out I guess.

Moose-Knuckle
04-16-13, 03:42
Believe it or not there is a market for such a thing. Not my cup of tea. History Channel did a special years ago entitled "Tales of the Gun: Guns of Infamy".

Cyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker's guns always fetch a king's ransom amongst collectors when they surface. I've seen the Colt Monitor that the Texas Ranger Frank Hamer used to secure those two oxygen thieves heart beats at the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum in Waco.

SMETNA
04-16-13, 04:36
Chris Dorner is a nobody. He's trash, and he will be forgotten shortly. There's no history there.

But collecting major historical weapons is a whole different thing. Who wouldn't want to own the PPK that Hitler killed himself with?

TriviaMonster
04-16-13, 04:58
Uh, never heard of Astra. Does that make me lame? I guess I thought "throw away" meant something different.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mjolnir
04-16-13, 06:22
Some are obsessed with warfare, some violence, in general, some with mass murderers, other devices of torture and others the mechanism of death due to some or all of the above.

We live amongst some benighted individuals. It's a dark, dark world we live in...

Traveshamockery
04-16-13, 07:57
Hopefully Gunbroker pulls this auction.

armakraut
04-16-13, 21:44
Bid it up to a million with some shill accounts and stick the pawn parasites with a hell of an end of the month bill.

Moose-Knuckle
04-16-13, 21:47
Uh, never heard of Astra. Does that make me lame?

Nah your just a man of refined tastes. :D

I've seen them a gun shows in the past . . . :bad:

SteyrAUG
04-17-13, 00:47
Honestly I don't blame a pawn shop for adopting just about any scheme to get top dollar for such a crappy gun.

I can understand wanting something that belonged to some "notable" person of infamy such as Stalin, Hitler or Mao but this psycho flunkie doesn't even begin to rate even among other psychos.

He got fired and managed to ambush and kill two unarmed people while heavily armed and one cop. Amazing. And why? Because he got fired for being a flunkie in an agency notoriously tolerant of flunkies. And then he thought he was gonna be Rambo and take on the entire PD and have them at his mercy. Of course being a flunkie it didn't quite go down that way.

So whoever ends up owning a gun that a notorious flunkie got rid of because even he knew it was a piece of crap is going to have quite the prize. It reminds me of the owner of the German magazine Stern who purchased Idi Amin's underpants thinking they would be collectible some day.