PDA

View Full Version : So close I can taste it

pyzik
04-15-13, 14:40
Almost have the funds to pick out my AR. I almost used up my emergency funds to pick one up during the panic but I told myself to calm down, put some cash aside and and wait.

Well, most prices are back down to "normal" and I should have the cash within a couple weeks to go get something.

Gonna try to find something used (I can usually get more for my money that way). Been kind of looking at a M&P15 too though.

Part of my brain is telling me to just buy a lower and mags and then buy the upper over the summer (I'd like a BCM).

This is MAINLY going to be a home defense/go-to rifle plus plinking.

JC0352
04-15-13, 14:45
You have ammo?

M4arc
04-15-13, 14:47
Was there a question in there or are you just excited and wanted to share?

pyzik
04-15-13, 14:50
Was there a question in there or are you just excited and wanted to share?

Hahaha. Mostly excited and wanted to share (the wife is tired of hearing me talk about it so I had to get it out somewhere). It's all I've been thinking about lately.

Opinions are always welcome though. :)

I do have *some ammo, I could always use more. My AK eats .223/5.56 as well and it's been hungry.

mrvco
04-15-13, 14:51
I managed to hold out and bought the exact NIB DD that I had been wanting on Friday from my LGS for DD's list price finally. Up until a week or two ago this LGS had the same rifle on the shelf for 2x list and that price was firm. So yeah, waiting was WELL worth it.

M4arc
04-15-13, 14:51
Hahaha. Mostly excited and wanted to share (the wife is tired of hearing me talk about it so I had to get it out somewhere).

Opinions are always welcome though. :)

I do have *some ammo, I could always use more. My AK eats .223/5.56 as well and it's been hungry.

Maybe start by telling us what your budget is. For instance, Green Top has Colt 6920s for $1100 now. Don't go to gun broker unless you lube up first.

pyzik
04-15-13, 15:00
Maybe start by telling us what your budget is. For instance, Green Top has Colt 6920s for $1100 now. Don't go to gun broker unless you lube up first.

$1100 was my price point assuming tax and a mag or two would put me around $1200.
And gun broker is about the last place I planned on looking! :suicide2:

Mrvco, congrats. I would love a V7.

steyrman13
04-15-13, 20:20

Do you have a link to the 6920 at green top?

mrvco
04-15-13, 20:24
$1100 was my price point assuming tax and a mag or two would put me around $1200.
And gun broker is about the last place I planned on looking! :suicide2:

Mrvco, congrats. I would love a V7.

$1509... only a few hundred more to go!

Edit... Of saving that is, didn't want to suggest dipping into the e-funds.

pyzik
04-16-13, 06:45
$1509... only a few hundred more to go!

Edit... Of saving that is, didn't want to suggest dipping into the e-funds.

I know. Its tempting. Its just hard not to just walk into a gun store and just buy one to have it already! Haha.

HMsailor
04-16-13, 07:50
Not that i really need another M4 but i don't see any LE6920s on GreenTopHuntFish except for used hunting rifles, shotguns and handguns. Oh yeah, and I think GunBroker is the worst place to shop for guns and anything related...

pyzik
04-16-13, 09:13
Well, a friend texted me saying he has a friend selling a couple complete lowers for $200 ea. (Spike's Zombie lower, CMMG LPK, standard M4 grip and 6-position stock.) Seems like a great deal but I'm not sure if I like the "zombie" roll mark.
Though the savings might be worth it, then I can get a good upper...

M4arc
04-16-13, 09:22
Not that i really need another M4 but i don't see any LE6920s on GreenTopHuntFish except for used hunting rifles, shotguns and handguns. Oh yeah, and I think GunBroker is the worst place to shop for guns and anything related...

You may need to call them.

pyzik
04-16-13, 17:40
Well, I just saw a complete BCM (MID16 MOD2)at the local gun store for $1380. Not really that much more than the Colt. But if I keep down that road, where does it end? LOL

discreet
04-16-13, 23:37
Guns are the easy thing to get, its feeding them that is the problem.

Also, whats up with all the facebook/twitter type comments? Seems everyone these days needs to feel the need to share that they are going to buy a gun, or just got one. Seems a little pointless.

HighDesert
04-16-13, 23:57
Well, I just saw a complete BCM (MID16 MOD2)at the local gun store for $1380. Not really that much more than the Colt. But if I keep down that road, where does it end? LOL

That is a great price for that model BCM - pretty close to pre-panic prices...

I would jump on that as a first AR - dont get too much better...

mrvco
04-17-13, 00:09
...where does it end?

At $1509 :cool:

saddlerocker
04-17-13, 00:21
Grant has M&P15 Mid -Length MOE at G&RTactical for $1150 or something

I would keep an eye out for a 6920 for under $1200 personally

slamd095
04-17-13, 01:36
gah..ya beat me too it..

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=311054

dont know how these havent disappeared.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=LE6900

HMsailor
04-17-13, 08:28
Grant has M&P15 Mid -Length MOE at G&RTactical for $1150 or something

I would keep an eye out for a 6920 for under $1200 personally

definitely gotta go with a LE6920. closest to the real thing is better than closest to a clone imho. just got my 2nd one for under $1250 at a local lgs while several other brands just were collecting dust. my 1st one was under $1100(1 wk before newtown, CT) at wallyworld.

pyzik
04-17-13, 08:42
Guns are the easy thing to get, its feeding them that is the problem.

Also, whats up with all the facebook/twitter type comments? Seems everyone these days needs to feel the need to share that they are going to buy a gun, or just got one. Seems a little pointless.
I don't have friends who are as in to guns as me (a few like guns and own one or two but that's all) so I have no one to really converse with in real life. LOL Now I'm sad. :(

That is a great price for that model BCM - pretty close to pre-panic prices...

I would jump on that as a first AR - dont get too much better...
I am trying to figure out how to get it now. I have to admit, the wife only thinks I am spending $800 so I am trying to figure out how to work this out.

Seagunner
04-18-13, 13:58
Once the Black Rifle Disease starts, it never can be cured.. hopefully she'll learn to live with your disease.

HMsailor
04-18-13, 17:28
Once the Black Rifle Disease starts, it never can be cured.. hopefully she'll learn to live with your disease.
once you go black, you'll never go back!

jbo723
04-18-13, 17:42
definitely gotta go with a LE6920. closest to the real thing is better than closest to a clone imho. just got my 2nd one for under $1250 at a local lgs while several other brands just were collecting dust. my 1st one was under $1100(1 wk before newtown, CT) at wallyworld.

This is the route I would probably take if I were in your shoes. I picked up a Colt 6920 Mid Jan for $1150.00 at my LGS and really only picked it up cause I never owned a Colt.

Have a few KAC's, Noveske's, LMT, DD, and BCM. Just had the urge to own a Colt and got it for the price I wanted to pay during the panic.

halfmoonclip
04-18-13, 20:52
Hold out for a Colt if you can. Sell the program to your bride as an 'investment'...:D
Seriously, I'd get a whole rifle first time; you'll have an opportunity to build one later.
Moon