PDA

View Full Version : New Noveske/ VTAC carbines

Stickman
03-24-08, 16:48
I think that John Noveske and Kyle Lamb should do real well with this offering. It has a good feel in your hand, great balance, and all the assets of the N4. My apologies if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it anywhere.

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?cat=66

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Noveske/IMG_1786%201028%20WEVO.jpg

M4Guru
03-24-08, 18:01
Dang, VTAC has 3 people making signature guns now...

SuicideHz
03-24-08, 18:29
Nice. DamnYank will want one of those. How about a full length picture for the Board?

Parabellum9x19mm
03-24-08, 18:52
many pics here

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?cat=67

Lumpy196
03-24-08, 19:14
I'm liking that handguard more and more.

Jay Cunningham
03-24-08, 19:23
I heard that Botach is making them for a third of the price!!

:p

Joe R.
03-24-08, 20:21
John continues to do an outstanding job at separating my money from me...

RAM Engineer
03-24-08, 20:22
1. Someone read my mind.
2. I want one.
3. What, no sling? ;)
4. I wish I hadn't bought my last couple of guns.
5. Does this officially tie VTAC with Thunder Ranch for "Most Makes of Branded/Endorsed Guns"?
6. What, no light mount? ;)
7. I hope the 16" N4 barrel makes it into this line of guns/uppers.
8. What can I sell?
9. What, no free copy of GEBR? ;)
10. Damn...just, Damn!

Stickman
03-24-08, 20:35
1. Someone read my mind.
2. I want one.
3. What, no sling? ;)
4. I wish I hadn't bought my last couple of guns.
5. Does this officially tie VTAC with Thunder Ranch for "Most Makes of Branded/Endorsed Guns"?
6. What, no light mount? ;)
7. I hope the 16" N4 barrel makes it into this line of guns/uppers.
8. What can I sell?
9. What, no free copy of GEBR? ;)
10. Damn...just, Damn!

There is an accessories package that is also available if I remember correctly. I think the idea of being able to make a sole source purchase, and get everything you need in one shot is a smart move for a manufacturer.

Blake
03-24-08, 23:20
I'm liking that handguard more and more.

Agreed, while I've never had the opportunity to use it, it seems to be very appealing. Maybe it is just me, but it seems like it would offer you greater control due to the lack of bulk on the handguard. I'm not that familiar with this type of handguard system though, does it offer adequate heat protection so to speak for long strings of fire and such? I would definitely be interested, I thought about a mid-length system, but this makes it more difficult. I wonder if it would be possible to get this handguard with a mid-lenghth gas system? Sounds appealing.

Stickman
03-25-08, 17:18
Agreed, while I've never had the opportunity to use it, it seems to be very appealing. Maybe it is just me, but it seems like it would offer you greater control due to the lack of bulk on the handguard. I'm not that familiar with this type of handguard system though, does it offer adequate heat protection so to speak for long strings of fire and such? I would definitely be interested, I thought about a mid-length system, but this makes it more difficult. I wonder if it would be possible to get this handguard with a mid-lenghth gas system? Sounds appealing.

The handguard will work fine on a midlength.

Stickman
03-25-08, 19:19
Blake,

I should have mentioned that the 16" SS barrel is a midlength.

militarymoron
03-25-08, 19:20
very nice as always stick.

Stickman
03-25-08, 19:24
MM,

Thanks, I'm trying to get a full writeup/ pictorial review going on them while running a few different projects at the same time. I guess its true what they say about no rest for the wicked....

bones
03-25-08, 20:30
Posted by Joe R.

John continues to do an outstanding job at separating my money from me

I SECOND THAT ! :D

NCPatrolAR
03-25-08, 22:03
meh...... not my cup of tea.

Blake
03-26-08, 01:22
Blake,

I should have mentioned that the 16" SS barrel is a midlength.

I didn't even notice this. I was just looking at the 14.5" carbine. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

TexasAggies
03-26-08, 15:06
Wow Im glad I held off on my ar15 purchase due to a rumor I heard. Common tax return hurry up.

RogerinTPA
03-26-08, 21:53
Damn nice weapon! I must have discipline....I already own 2 M4geries, I must maintain my composure, I am not going to buy another rifle.....nope, no way...I must have discipline....I hate you Stick!:confused:

Elkhound
03-26-08, 22:04
I am still waiting for delivery of my LWRC M6A2, and now I "need" this rifle.

Someone needs to start "evil black gun" anonymous, and I'll join. I know I have a problem and I know I need help. (well, at least my wife says I need help). Isn't that the first step toward recovery?

BAC
03-26-08, 22:05
That VTAC handguard is really nice looking. Very clean.

-B

Abraxas
03-26-08, 22:49
I heard that Botach is making them for a third of the price!!

:p

If you trust Botach to actually deliver ;)

Abraxas
03-26-08, 22:54
That VTAC handguard is really nice looking. Very clean.

-B

I got to see and talk to a guy at a 3 gun comp and I was very impressed with the handguard. I liked the clean lines yet you still have the flexibility to do with it whatever you want. Essentially mount anything anywhere. Small minds may easily be amused but it is still amusement:D

BAC
03-27-08, 00:07
Hah, I hear you on the amusement factor. :D

On another note, how does one mount anything to those handguards? I haven't seen them in person yet, and haven't seen a whole lot of pictures either. It looks like they just come in different varieties, some with rails and some without, but if not that would be really damn handy.

Dammit, I need more money. AR's cost too much. :p

-B

ChandlerSniper158
03-27-08, 10:20
On another note, how does one mount anything to those handguards? I haven't seen them in person yet, and haven't seen a whole lot of pictures either. It looks like they just come in different varieties, some with rails and some without, but if not that would be really damn handy.

-B

Ask and you shall receive. There is small t nuts that slip into the slots from the back side and you secure the rail in the position you choose.

http://jprifles.com/1.4.4.php

C4IGrant
03-27-08, 11:21
Dang, VTAC has 3 people making signature guns now...

Yes, that is odd. If wonder if they all know that other companies are making them??

C4

BAC
03-27-08, 12:04
Ask and you shall receive. There is small t nuts that slip into the slots from the back side and you secure the rail in the position you choose.

http://jprifles.com/1.4.4.php

Cool, that makes sense now. Thanks.

-B