PDA

View Full Version : TruGlo TFO Sights??

NYH1
04-17-13, 13:24
I have Trijicon Tritium Sights (green) on my G22 and G26. I use both of these for carry use. I also use my G22 as a backup gun to my Colt AR15 carbine and/or 11-87 12ga. shotgun (6+1 cap.).

I have a G34 that I want to put a good set of sights on. I use it pretty much as a range/target gun and I bring it with me when I'm hunting. I thought about putting the same Trijicon Sight on that are on my other Glock's. However, for what I use it for I'm thinking the TruGlo TFO Sights having both tritium and fiber optic in the same sights might work better.

Have any of you guys/gals used the TruGlo TFO Sights? If so, how do they work for you? Do you think they're the best of both worlds? Any pro's and con's?

Thanks, NYH1.

ZoneOne
04-17-13, 14:00
I think they work great. The first set I used was on my duty Glock 22 and now there is a set on each of my personal glocks that I carry (G19 and G26)

The front sight is definitely longer than most... but it doesn't seem to be a problem. The sights are bright both day and night and I haven't had one issue acquiring the front sight in any condition.

Some people prefer the different color options but I like to keep everything similar - so my duty green is green on green - so as a result, so is everything else.

Apricotshot
04-17-13, 14:04
I had a pair of them on a G19 for about 3 years. I noticed after a class when cleaning the pistol that the front sight was a little loose. I tried tightening it with the proper tool. The screw just spun like it was stripped. I replaced them with Trijicon HDs after that.

The sights are bright and worked well for me otherwise though.

DocGKR
04-17-13, 14:41
Lot's of guys here got them a few years ago--we loved them...until they all began to break; TFO's customer support was pitiful and the product too fragile. Everyone I know has removed them from their pistols.

FlyingHunter
04-17-13, 17:22
My experience has been great. I've heard all the "break too easy" concerns and went ahead anyway because my eyes really appreciated the soft yellow back sights to green front sight contrast. I went in - expecting they might go belly up...yet three years later of daily carry, NRA instructor training and general farm use e.g. carry while chainsaw work, tractor work etc...they have been dead on with no problems. I've gone thru several training classes, thousands of rounds, no problems. One of the instructors specifically demonstrated my sights to the class as "don't use these, they'll break". While I'm a tactical nobody and not a high speed anything, I'm very pleased with the sights and trust them for daily carry. YMMV. Good luck regardless of what you choose.

steyrman13
04-17-13, 18:16
Another vote no here. Between me and two other I shoot with, 4 for 4 have broken. The FO falls out constantly and has to be melted to partially stay in. Front sight gets loose sometimes. 1 of which was a safe queen only handled gently at the range. I would steer away from them and go HD or Ameriglo if you want a "bigger" dot

NYH1
04-17-13, 18:24
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

NYH1.

El Pistolero
04-17-13, 22:30
I did a lot of research on sight options when I was looking for new sights for my SIG P226 and the Truglo TFOs were one of the two I narrowed it down to. Trijicon HDs were the other. I found enough reports from users saying that the fiber optics fell out of the TFOs that my decision was made and I went with the Trjicon HDs in yellow. Couldn't be happier, the HDs are the cat's pajamas and I wouldn't want to use any other sights on a handgun, they are that good IMO.

Diezel
04-18-13, 22:03
another vote no on these. I have a set on my M&P 40 and the front fiber optic sight is loose and will probably fall out soon. I'm going to get them replaced by some Trijicons fairly soon.