PDA

View Full Version : Gun Bill Defeated, That's Great! - Now What?

FlyingHunter
04-17-13, 18:24
I recommend you take deep breath, relax, enjoy the hard fought victory, and appreciate the preservation of our constitutional freedom.

OK, now that you've taken a day or two to enjoy the above...Get right back in the fight for freedom!

My suggestions (please -I implore you to add your recommendations as well - keep the ball rolling) include:

1. Write your congressman and reps, thank those who sided with freedom with financial or campaign volunteer support and for those who did not, write them and tell you look forward to campaigning and contributing to their opposing candidate at the next election cycle.

2. Join or upgrade your NRA membership

3. Take a kid shooting, make it fun, safe, and a family experience.

4. Support efforts in Colorado, NY, etc...that have suffered defeats, to turn things around via judicial or legislative advocacy

5. Get to know your local Sheriff, Police Chief, politicians and support those who support our individual liberties. All politics starts local.

6. Contact the mainstream media every time you see a anti-second amendment bias with their reporting

7. Use social media to celebrate the victory for the 2nd amendment and our individual liberties.

8. Get fellow supporters of individual freedoms to Register to Vote and/or make sure they will actually go vote, drive them to the polls etc...

9. Consider what legislative initiatives we should deliver nationally e.g. Nationwide CCW reciprocity. For once let's take an offensive for the 2A and not wait on heels to be on defense.

10. Finally, stop looking at your ammo pile and go shooting! Take a friend! Especially a non-shooter.

I look forward to your suggestions!

Magic_Salad0892
04-17-13, 18:35
Next step: repeal some amendments and such.

feedramp
04-17-13, 18:42
How amazing that they act like those who defeated this legislation built upon lies, exaggerations and propaganda are the liars. That's where society has gotten to... liars calling those who speak the truth liars.

Larry Vickers
04-17-13, 19:01
Well said Flyinghunter - well said

boggyboy72
04-17-13, 19:02
1. Write your congressman and reps, thank those who sided with freedom with financial or campaign volunteer support and for those who did not, write them and tell you look forward to campaigning and contributing to their opposing candidate at the next election cycle.

This.

If they ever get the right people in the WH,Senate and House I feel they will ram something through and to hell with what anyone thinks.

Mauser KAR98K
04-17-13, 19:03
I have never had been called a liar by a President before. Should I be honored.

Dienekes
04-17-13, 19:07
Being vilified by anyone in the current Administration is a badge of honor.

Well done.

Tomorrow--back to work in Freedom's cause.

Moose-Knuckle
04-17-13, 19:09
11. Take the NFA plundge, you owe it to yourself!

GeorgiaBoy
04-17-13, 19:14
11. Take the NFA plundge, you owe it to yourself!

I took it two weeks after the election. Does that count?

MaceWindu
04-17-13, 19:24
I suggest we ALL start supporting the shooters holding the line in CA. Stop telling people to "move" and start helping us DEFEAT current legislation they are trying to enact here in this state.

As CA goes, so goes the rest of the Nation. It was a CLOSE VOTE in the Senate.

If we don't hang together, we will surely hang separately.

Mace

HackerF15E
04-17-13, 20:01
War's not over. Let's remember previous losses in 1934, 1968, 1989, 1990, 1993, 1994, etc. This is a victory in a single battle...there will be more.

We became collectively lax following small victories like sunset of the '94 AWB, Heller, and expansions of concealed carry into many states. We should not have been surprised by the attempts to advance the gun control agenda of the last 6 months.

"Now what"? Semper vigilans, that's what.

If anyone is looking for a specific target to focus efforts on, it is ensuring the politicians who supported these measures get the message that citizens did not appreciate their actions during the next election cycle. If there is not a hemorrhage in 2014, then this will be an empty victory.

Split66
04-17-13, 20:02
Here here.

Stay vigilant people! This was only a small victory. A mere battle in the war against gun owners and freedoms that will rage on.......

"Sure I am this day we are masters of our fate, that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength; that its pangs and toils are not beyond our endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us."

FlyingHunter
04-17-13, 20:12
From Javadrinker:

I am not able to post in the GD forum yet but I have contacted every senator by mail, email, and phone urging them to vote NO.
I have already emailed my thanks you to each one that voted no.
Now, the one thing I'd suggest to start an email blitz of DiFi and Boxer urging them to vote NO on any and all gun control, and also to support the efforts in CA, CO and NY to get these unrealistic laws repealed and also to vote these gun grabbers out of office.
I just found out that my job is gone in 90 days and I've made campaign contributions to my Senators and to others that have helped to vote this down. I am also a NRA Life member.

Thank you for a great post!

FlyingHunter
04-17-13, 20:14
From .46Caliber:

I don't have GD access yet, but wanted to add another thought to your thread:

A) Keep encouraging other gun owners to stay active. A lot of folks are only active when there is looming legislation. A few that I talked to never even bothered to write their Reps and Sens even in the face of this. Stay vigilant on legislation, both Federal and State, and keep reminding your friends to stay checked in and active. Under the radar bills can happen when we've all checked out.

B) Get out and vote. Local, State, Fed. The butt-darts that want to erase the 2nd Amendment won't remove themselves.

C) Use the Regional forums. Lots of info available in our M4C regional forums and they're a great tool to keep everyone in the game and aware since each state is in a slightly different game.

And I wholeheartedly agree with you on your point of continued range time and introducing folks to our hobby/sport/passion/RIGHT. I've had the joy of introducing several new shooters to firearms. Not all have continued to participate but at the very least they got to see that some gun users that aren't whack-jobs. They also got to see firearms used outside of violence.
Forward Message

Alex V
04-17-13, 20:25
A good feeling to be sure.

Now they will attack the local level. This is where we need to concentrate our efforts now.

OldState
04-17-13, 20:43
I agree with all the previous posts and will continue to campaign and spread the message. We need to stay vigilant and bring the fight to the enemy.

I do however hope that we don't give them a defacto victory by continuing to panic every time we face a new scare ...... as will surely happen.

If you followed this story closely, today's vote should not have surprised anyone. As far as the Mag and AWB goes, that was dead in January.

I, as well as many of you have had to severely limit my shooting because I can't get ammo or even the supplies to reload

http://highchartpatterns.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/keep-calm-and-carry-on-11.png

ralph
04-17-13, 21:18
I don't think there's much I can add that hasn't already been said..Without a doubt, today's outcome was probably a shocker to obombo... Today, the rails came off the obama victory train, freedom won..narrowly...But the fight is'nt over...Those of you in states that have senators up for relection know what to do..The absloute worse thing that can happen to a two term president (outside of impeachment) is to lose control of both the house, and senate, and to be basically told to "go sit in the truck". 2014 is'nt that far off, and this is what we need to gear up for now...Making obombo sit in the truck.......

JBecker 72
04-17-13, 21:21
I can tell you this much, I am gonna wait for ammo to settle down and I am gonna buy a metric **** load of it for all the training classes I want to take.

Oh, and to those who paid $3k for a $1k rifle, and $50+ a PMag.... LOL :jester:

Mauser KAR98K
04-17-13, 21:43
I LOLed when he called us a minority. 70-100 million is a minority?

**** Barack Hussein Obama. The President of the United States just called a big portion of his law abiding citizens lairs and that we are shameful.

FromMyColdDeadHand
04-17-13, 23:18
So we out lied the liars, that's why he's really pissed.

So is it over? There is a Dem version of the Bill, but that would get even less votes probably, correct- unless Bloomberg drops some SERIOUS cash on these guys to change their votes.

Phillygunguy
04-18-13, 06:14
I won't be thanking any of my senators that's for damn sure

Straight Shooter
04-18-13, 07:17
Excellent post FH-
I aim to do just what you are saying. No more defense stuff...its time
to storm the castle!!