PDA

View Full Version : 914 Consulting Real World Concealed Carry July 20 Va Beach, VA

chris914
04-17-13, 20:46
914 Consulting LLC presents –Real World Concealed Carry –July 20, 2013– Virginia Beach, VA

http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af8/chris914_photos/914Consulting.gif

The course is designed to assist the end user in becoming a more proficient legal carrier of a concealed handgun through the use of drills and concepts that go beyond the fundamentals.

The presentation of the weapon from carry position with an emphasis on safety and speed will be taught throughout the course.

Topics covered:
Safety
Carry options
Marksmanship
Weapons handling/manipulation skills
Dynamic shooting scenarios
Malfunction clearance
Engaging multiple targets

Prerequisite:
Attended a VSM Basic Handgun class, NRA Basic Pistol or hold a VALID Concealed Handgun Permit

Instructor: Christopher “Hans” Frank

Class date: July 20, 2013

Cost: $200 (10% discount to Mil/LE/EMT/NRA Member). Now accepting credit cards with a 3% processing fee.

Range:
C2 Shooting Center
6025 Marvin Road
Virginia Beach Virginia 23457

www.thec2center.com

http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af8/chris914_photos/VSM%20Basic%20Handgun%20June%209%202012/039.jpg

http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af8/chris914_photos/VSM%20Classes/VSM%20Pistol%2016APR11/VSMBasicPistol4-16-2011007.jpg

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab25/greygroupcommunity/C220overview.jpg

Class size:
Minimum four students
Maximum twelve students

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:

Eye & Ear protection (electronic hearing protection is strongly recommended)
Serviceable handgun- Suitable Defensive Carry Handgun
Serviceable Concealment holster
Minimum 1 magazine/2 speedloader pouches to carry your magazines/speedloaders
Minimum of 4 serviceable magazines/6 speedloaders
Concealment garment
400 rds of ammo – factory service type (if you run reloads please make sure the ammo is reliable in your weapon)
Suitable range wear depending on the season- We shoot rain or shine
Good attitude

If you are interested in attending this class please contact 914 Consulting via email :
hans@914consulting.com

tamabrand
05-13-13, 20:38
Looking forward to this class, probably the most important type of instruction simce for most of us it is 99% of the time how we're armed. Chris is a stand up dude and will go above and beyond to make sure you can get to training and get the most out of it.

CodeRed30
05-14-13, 01:07
Can you provide your background? Your website doesn't have it listed.

chris914
05-14-13, 19:06
I am a Nuclear Engineer by trade. I spent just shy of 10 years in the Navy doing Naval Nuclear Propulsion stuff. I have shot in some fashion or the other for the past 37 years. I have had a CHP in the state of Virginia since 1995 when the "Shall Issue" provision was added. I have carried a concealed handgun daily since that time minus time deployed (the Navy frowns upon that unless you are doing work for them).

I have amassed over 1000 hours of instruction during my training career. The instructors I have trained with vary from Ken Hackathorn, Larry Vickers (I am one of Larry's Regionally Endorsed Instructors teaching the Vickers Shooting Method), David Pennington, Craig Douglas (SouthNarc), Mike Pannone, Rob Haught and Kyle Defoor. I shoot IDPA and USPSA. I am an NRA Basic Pistol instructor. I have been teaching people to shoot unofficially for several years. I got into this business to help people be better and maybe pass on some of the wisdom I have been lucky enough to gather from these great men.

I make no claims to be the next messiah of shooting/tactics. I look at things in a common sense approach and won't tell/teach you anything that I don't use myself. I ask students to look at the people they ask for instruction and ask themselves " Do I trust this person with my life?" If you can't answer this with a yes then maybe you should look elsewhere for instruction.

I have no delusions that I am the next big thing. Am I a subject matter expert in all things? No I am not. I want shooters to be the best that they can be and will do whatever I can to assist them in this endeavor. If that doesn't work for you then that is cool. If you are looking for something I have taken training in I will point you to the guys that have earned my respect and trust.

Hope that works for you. If you have any addition questions feel free to ask. I think my class AARs speak for themselves as to my ability to provide instruction in clear and concise manner. I can also send you a listing of references if you would like.

CodeRed30
05-14-13, 19:24
Nope, that works fine. Thanks for taking the time to give the info! Glad you're upfront about your background and don't pretend to be something you're not. If LAV says you're GTG then right on!

mikejg
05-15-13, 00:52
I may have to sign up for this course.

Chris, if I can't make this one, will you be offering this class again in the future? A lot of people are PCSing this summer, so my schedule sucks.

Thanks,
Mike

C45P312
05-15-13, 06:26
I am a Nuclear Engineer by trade. I spent just shy of 10 years in the Navy doing Naval Nuclear Propulsion stuff. I have shot in some fashion or the other for the past 37 years. I have had a CHP in the state of Virginia since 1995 when the "Shall Issue" provision was added. I have carried a concealed handgun daily since that time minus time deployed (the Navy frowns upon that unless you are doing work for them).

I have amassed over 1000 hours of instruction during my training career. The instructors I have trained with vary from Ken Hackathorn, Larry Vickers (I am one of Larry's Regionally Endorsed Instructors teaching the Vickers Shooting Method), David Pennington, Craig Douglas (SouthNarc), Mike Pannone, Rob Haught and Kyle Defoor. I shoot IDPA and USPSA. I am an NRA Basic Pistol instructor. I have been teaching people to shoot unofficially for several years. I got into this business to help people be better and maybe pass on some of the wisdom I have been lucky enough to gather from these great men.

I make no claims to be the next messiah of shooting/tactics. I look at things in a common sense approach and won't tell/teach you anything that I don't use myself. I ask students to look at the people they ask for instruction and ask themselves " Do I trust this person with my life?" If you can't answer this with a yes then maybe you should look elsewhere for instruction.

I have no delusions that I am the next big thing. Am I a subject matter expert in all things? No I am not. I want shooters to be the best that they can be and will do whatever I can to assist them in this endeavor. If that doesn't work for you then that is cool. If you are looking for something I have taken training in I will point you to the guys that have earned my respect and trust.

Hope that works for you. If you have any addition questions feel free to ask. I think my class AARs speak for themselves as to my ability to provide instruction in clear and concise manner. I can also send you a listing of references if you would like.

This man speaks the truth here. I think it's the best value as far as firearm instruction for our area. I constantly send people to his courses and they all come back with glowing reviews.

This course will surely get filled up, especially once I told some of his past alumni that he was offering two new courses for the summer.

keep up the good work and hope to be there in july.

chris914
05-16-13, 00:48
Carlo thanks for kind words. Mike yep. Plan is for another latter this year. Trying to get two ends of climate spectrum but not all that interested in teaching outdoors in 25F weather again.

mark5pt56
05-16-13, 06:04
Chris is good to go, remember, LAV has endorsed him to represent LAV. I've trained with him as well, great shooter and practical with his approach. I believe the class would be a great for the purpose intended.

mikejg
05-16-13, 06:52
Mike yep. Plan is for another latter this year. Trying to get two ends of climate spectrum but not all that interested in teaching outdoors in 25F weather again.

Excellent news. I look forward to it.

coble0369
05-17-13, 11:46
I have been to 914 Consulting's VSM Handgun class, three times now and going back again next month, Chris runs a great range and an even better class, Do not hesitate to sign up for one of his classes.

C45P312
06-27-13, 21:26
Work schedule came out for the rest of July and guess who's off on the 20th! If anyone needs ammo for this course please feel free to PM me.

tamabrand
06-27-13, 21:43
Work schedule came out for the rest of July and guess who's off on the 20th! If anyone needs ammo for this course please feel free to PM me.

Excellent! *Bill&Ted air guitar*

chris914
07-14-13, 18:39
We have 2 slots available for this class if anyone is interested.