PDA

View Full Version : Seekins MCSR V2

papasan
04-17-13, 22:55
while patiently (for me at least) awaiting an NSR tube to become available I ran across this. very little info out there. if anyone has face-time with both of these hand guards I would be interested in hearing opinions / impressions.

sounds like the MCSR is maybe a little fatter in the grip but lighter because of the TI barrel net.

http://www.ar15news.com/2013/04/09/new-seekins-precision-mcsr-v2-modular-rail/

justin_247
04-18-13, 00:42
Seekins makes the BAR and SAR rails for Spike's Tactical. From the looks of it, this is simply the BAR without the rails on the 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions and replaces them with KeyMod mounting points.

Expect it to be much fatter than the NSR for the BAR, and a rather oblong profile for the SAR.

Just wait for the NSR to come back into stock.

Aaron_B
04-18-13, 01:49
"The internal dimension of the MCSR V2 has increased to 1.8” to accommodate most suppressors on the market."

This might catch some people's attention. At the same time making it much larger than the NSR.

Noodles
04-19-13, 10:32
Seekins makes the BAR and SAR rails for Spike's Tactical. From the looks of it, this is simply the BAR without the rails on the 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions and replaces them with KeyMod mounting points.

Expect it to be much fatter than the NSR for the BAR, and a rather oblong profile for the SAR.

Just wait for the NSR to come back into stock.

This. I don't really care a ton about the keymod vs proprietary right now since its just starting to take off. But I do care about stupid large grips. The seekins and spikes (and YHM etc) all seem to be sized to fit a can inside them, which is sort of dumb for anyone that's done it on a non-range toy gun.

The NSR is a fanatic skinny rail even if it didn't have the keymod sections. I just got a second NSR from rainier yesterday, looking forward to having both my setups use the same rail.