PDA

View Full Version : Police Officers Union in Albany letter to Cuomo

mikelowrey
04-18-13, 03:27
http://imgsrv.wben.com/image/wben2/UserFiles/File/Abany%20PD%20Union%20Safe%20Act%20letter%20scan.pdf

This is the Albany Police opposing the law, very well written IMO.

Clint
04-18-13, 06:36
Excellent letter.

We should show support and thank these guys for doing the right thing.

Alex V
04-18-13, 09:06
this letter will fall on deaf ears... unfortunately...

yellowfin
04-18-13, 10:13
Where were they when it was time to fight all of NY's previous anti gun legislation???

...Yeah, about that...

jpmuscle
04-18-13, 10:28
Where were they when it was time to fight all of NY's previous anti gun legislation???

...Yeah, about that...

Oh you mean before when it never affected them? :rolleyes:

ICANHITHIMMAN
04-18-13, 11:26
Oh you mean before when it never affected them? :rolleyes:

We are lucky it did this time, it was the push many needed! However there are a lot of differences this time. We have many, many veterans in the ranks of all of these organizations now. There was a lag, these vets actually know what "equal protection under the law" means and what the Constitution really protects us from.

I am so happy for all of these guys posting there victory, but for us still behind the lines nothing has changed and I have not yet found any joy what so ever.

newyork
04-18-13, 12:30
We are lucky it did this time, it was the push many needed! However there are a lot of differences this time. We have many, many veterans in the ranks of all of these organizations now. There was a lag, these vets actually know what "equal protection under the law" means and what the Constitution really protects us from.

I am so happy for all of these guys posting there victory, but for us still behind the lines nothing has changed and I have not yet found any joy what so ever.

Positive for us is: if the NRA/NYSRPA lawsuit goes in our favor, we won't have a federal ban to hold us down. Also, if NEw Yorkers decide to move elsewhere, they can move to a gun friendly state since there won't be a blanket federal ban. Just trying to think of it positively. For now we are still screwed though.

yellowfin
04-18-13, 13:27
I tried helping the pro gun cause in NY when I lived there for 3 years but it didn't work because those involved in it and the average gun owner were totally tone deaf to what it takes to actually win or so bombed out and beaten they didn't have any belief that there was a such thing as winning. They had little or no interest in cultural outreach and taking ground away from the opposition and putting them on the constant defense, instead content to pigeon hole themselves into playing defense and chatting among themselves. No youth and young professional recruitment, no Constitutional law education, no recruitment of big money, etc. Fuddism also is rampant there with very little to no attempt at curing it by those who have influence. All they knew how to do or would do was raffles, newsletters, and annual rallies, which accomplished nearly nothing before, only losing ground slowly at best, and now as we see prevented nothing. It was infuriating and depressing. I don't know what it will take to wake them up and increase the IQ there but I just can't waste my life trying to push them up when they won't grab the rope and pull up. I wish it was worth it to them to really try for their own sake, educate themselves, persist, and innovate, but apparently it isn't.

aguila327
04-18-13, 13:45
I tried helping the pro gun cause in NY when I lived there for 3 years but it didn't work because those involved in it and the average gun owner were totally tone deaf to what it takes to actually win or so bombed out and beaten they didn't have any belief that there was a such thing as winning. They had little or no interest in cultural outreach and taking ground away from the opposition and putting them on the constant defense, instead content to pigeon hole themselves into playing defense and chatting among themselves. No youth and young professional recruitment, no Constitutional law education, no recruitment of big money, etc. Fuddism also is rampant there with very little to no attempt at curing it by those who have influence. All they knew how to do or would do was raffles, newsletters, and annual rallies, which accomplished nearly nothing before, only losing ground slowly at best, and now as we see prevented nothing. It was infuriating and depressing. I don't know what it will take to wake them up and increase the IQ there but I just can't waste my life trying to push them up when they won't grab the rope and pull up. I wish it was worth it to them to really try for their own sake, educate themselves, persist, and innovate, but apparently it isn't.

The problem is not the orgsnizations it's the population of this state. Unless we are able to convince them its a lost cause. (My pessimism is showing) l just can't wait to retire and get the hell out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ICANHITHIMMAN
04-18-13, 15:55
Positive for us is: if the NRA/NYSRPA lawsuit goes in our favor, we won't have a federal ban to hold us down. Also, if NEw Yorkers decide to move elsewhere, they can move to a gun friendly state since there won't be a blanket federal ban. Just trying to think of it positively. For now we are still screwed though.

Lawsuit is different than the SCOTUS decision right?

newyork
04-18-13, 16:19
You mean the recent one about CCW and its constitutionality? If so, yes, different suit. NRA is going after the whole safe act. Suit was filed recently.

ICANHITHIMMAN
04-18-13, 16:52
You mean the recent one about CCW and its constitutionality? If so, yes, different suit. NRA is going after the whole safe act. Suit was filed recently.

I guess, I think I got things a little crossed up in my head.