PDA

View Full Version : We scored a victory yesterday but overlooked a major defeat!

kwelz
04-18-13, 09:38
With all the rhetoric and activity around the gun control legislation many people, including myself, overlooked that CISPA had come back up for a vote. This bill is a direct threat to privacy and online security. It is just as much of a threat as the attacks on our 2nd Amendment.

The only good news? Obama actually pulled his head out of his arse long enough to threaten to Veto it.

I feel dirty that he and I agree on something.

Noodles
04-18-13, 09:39
I feel dirty that he and I agree on something.

If you are entirely D or entirely R, bad news, you are part of the problem.

CISPA and SOPA are bullshit that must die. DCMA should be repealed as well.

Moltke
04-18-13, 09:53
He has threatened to veto other things too and not followed through on it... my guess is if it passes he won't veto it because it empowers the government more.

yellowfin
04-18-13, 10:11
We also haven't repealed Sarbanes Oxley and Dodd Frank yet either and they're strangling our economy.

Jer
04-19-13, 09:04
If you are entirely D or entirely R, bad news, you are part of the problem.

CISPA and SOPA are bullshit that must die. DCMA should be repealed as well.

Exactly. I'd also like to add NDAA and The Patriot Act to that list.

kwelz
04-19-13, 09:06
Oh there is no question. All sides have passed some terrible legislation. It is one of the reasons I got out of politics. NDAA, NCLB, Patriot act, CISPA, the list goes on.

Magic_Salad0892
04-19-13, 09:07
Oh there is no question. All sides have passed some terrible legislation. It is one of the reasons I got out of politics. NDAA, NCLB, Patriot act, CISPA, the list goes on.

It's the reason I'm getting more involved.

Magic_Salad0892
04-19-13, 09:09
Oops. Wrong thread.

Jer
04-19-13, 09:09
He has threatened to veto other things too and not followed through on it... my guess is if it passes he won't veto it because it empowers the government more.

How quickly we forget his campaign to become POTUS in 2008 and how one of his campaign promises was to see to it that when The Patriot Act sunsetted he would do everything in his power to see to it that it stayed gone. This was a simple one because it was already going to sunset so all he had to do was let it run it's coarse. How people could vote for this man for a 2nd election after the endless broken promises and flat out lies is beyond me.

Jer
04-19-13, 09:11
It's the reason I'm getting more involved.

+1

The Honda seems to have been located.

Is this code word for something? Are we supposed to be attacking something/somewhere/someone? :D

Magic_Salad0892
04-19-13, 09:13
Is this code word for something? Are we supposed to be attacking something/somewhere/someone? :D

Actually.... kind of, yes. :p

Jer
04-19-13, 09:25
Actually.... kind of, yes. :p

In that case, the sparrow has left the chicken coup. :cool:

SomeOtherGuy
04-19-13, 10:44
In that case, the sparrow has left the chicken coup. :cool:

So the sparrow has abandoned the effort of the chickens to overturn their existing government and install a new leader?

(A little house for chickens on your farm is a coop.)

SomeOtherGuy
04-19-13, 10:46
I opposed CISPA based on the vague but strong objections I was reading, then I read this:

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=219943

And I don't know what to think. Who's right? (I suppose I could read the whole bill, but I'm kinda short on time, and UNLIKE Congress I don't get paid for reading such stuff.)