PDA

View Full Version : Selling High Cap Mags to New York

ptmccain
04-18-13, 15:21
I had a guy wanting to buy four Glock 3: round 9mm mags from me, but I was really hesitant about the legality of that.

Your thoughts??

jpmuscle
04-18-13, 15:25
Well its not illegal for you to do it and up until January of next year possession of pre-ban full capacity mags is still technically legal therefore possession of rebuild kits is still legal as well, of course they would be anyway since together they as parts do not constitute a functioning mag. So disassemble them first and call it a day.

Coal Dragger
04-18-13, 17:09
**** New York. I wouldn't sell them to him on principal, and to cover my own ass from who knows what kind of prosecution the state of New York might come up with.

Tell the poor bastard he should consider moving to a free state.

Coal Dragger
04-18-13, 17:18
Why even consider the headache. Sell them on this forum. They will sell fast and you save all the worry.

+1

Why even bother with the hassle?

I have a local FFL dealer that has been inundated with calls from places like New York, Connecticut, California, etc trying to get stuff that he has in stock. He told them he just won't do it because of the hassle involved as well as the potential legal issues. Particularly bad are the Californians trying to get guns and calling all the time since he is listed as a dealer for quite a few manufacturers.

Plus he is more interested in serving his local customers, as he puts it the out of state orders will be a one time deal and then will be gone but he relies on us to keep him in business because we can rely on him to have stuff for us.

RearwardAssist
04-18-13, 17:19
**** New York. I wouldn't sell them to him on principal, and to cover my own ass from who knows what kind of prosecution the state of New York might come up with.

Tell the poor bastard he should consider moving to a free state.

Yeah that's the ticket **** him for living there.:rolleyes:

Coal Dragger
04-18-13, 17:19
He has a choice, and could vote with his feet.

scottryan
04-18-13, 19:05
Not worth the hassle even if it still legal.

twistedcomrade
04-18-13, 19:26
Not worth the hassle even if it still legal.

I agree 100%.

Psalms144.1
04-18-13, 21:16
Even before the NY SAFE Act, it would have been "illegal" to sell full capacity magazines to anyone in NYS who's not an LEO/Peace Officer. Magazine capacity was (and still is) 10 rounds.

Under the SAFE ACT, it will still be legal to own 10-round magazines, but illegal to fill them to capacity :confused:

WRT "voting with our feet" some of us are here because we have to be (they don't call them "orders" for no reason) and once you're saddled with a mortgage on a house you can't afford, it's pretty inconvenient to destroy your family's finances so you can have the pistol magazines you want.

Of course, have no doubt, the NANOSECOND after I retire, I, my family, and all my crap will be on our way back to Texas!

Regards,

Kevin

Jaysop
04-18-13, 22:20
He has a choice, and could vote with his feet.

Yea because everyone can just up and move like that. You sound like an idiot.
He's a fellow gun owner. You don't have to sell to him, and you don't have to act like he's shit for living in New York.

Coal Dragger
04-19-13, 01:42
I didn't like the state I was living in so I found a new job and moved. That was over 6 years ago. It was hard at the time but well worth it. As for my comment of **** New York I mean exactly that. **** that place. I feel sorry for anyone living there particularly a gun owner.

I sincerely suggest that anyone living in New York that desires freedom is best served moving from New York.

kantstudien
04-19-13, 02:39
So... where are you going to move to when another FEDERAL AWB comes around?

Iraqgunz
04-19-13, 02:49
No need to debate this. This is somewhat common sense unless you have been locked away somewhere with no news access for the last several months. In addition it would also be a clue that the person lives in NY and trying to purchase them from out of state. If they were legal in his area he wouldn't be looking elsewhere.