PDA

View Full Version : Am I using Froglube incorrectly?

ruchik
04-19-13, 17:06
I've begun to notice something not quite right with my guns that have been Froglubed. Here's what I do:

1. Heat up parts.
2. Apply paste liberally.
3. Let parts sit for an hour.
4. Wipe all of it off.
5. Apply light coats of liquid to rails and barrel. At this step, I ensure that absolutely no paste is leftover on these areas.

Now, I've noticed that every single time the gun is left out in heat (like in a car) and then cooled down (in my studio), after a few cycles of this the liquid gets very sticky and gummy. Am I not supposed to be applying any liquid at all after treating with the paste?

BigJoe
04-19-13, 17:18
once i treat a gun with frog lube i wipe it ALL off and don't relube the rails. i have some froglube liquid i use at the range if the gun is a little dirty and dry but usually after a couple rounds the gun "self lubricates" almost. i have seen the same thing when using the paste melted applied as a lube, it will dry again down to a paste and gell up the gun.

GH41
04-19-13, 18:01
Please tell me what "self lubricates" means?????? Does the lube come out of molecular suspension and ooze out of the previously dry metal?? Come on guys... it i just oil with a catchy name! It is not magic! GH

SOWT
04-19-13, 18:21
Please tell me what "self lubricates" means?????? Does the lube come out of molecular suspension and ooze out of the previously dry metal?? Come on guys... it i just oil with a catchy name! It is not magic! GH

That's the claim.

BigJoe
04-19-13, 19:58
Ok don't believe me I've only been using it for about 4 years. U wipe the gun dry and run it and see what happens. Done it in some pretty sandy places

ggammell
04-19-13, 20:55

Once a hater...

tb-av
04-19-13, 21:03
after a few cycles of this the liquid gets very sticky and gummy. Am I not supposed to be applying any liquid at all after treating with the paste?

Never had that happen. Did you clean it to bare metal before you first applied FrogLube?

The metal has to be free of any oil/grease before first treatment. Otherwise, it simply tries to cut the old oil/grease. that's sort of what you describe sounds like. Like the old oil is getting suspended in the FL.

ggammell
04-19-13, 21:06
The liquid is for hard to brush places (bores, smallmnooks and crannies) and lube on the fly. Brush the paste on, let it sit, wipe it off. Done. I use literally a drop or two of the liquid per cleaning. The paste goes on liberally.

samuse
04-19-13, 21:34
:confused:

:rolleyes:

:lol:

:haha:

Wolvee
04-19-13, 22:44
It's just the new Popular.