PDA

View Full Version : Idiot of the week award goes to....

nickdrak
07-04-06, 04:49
My fiance and I, along with a group of close friends were out enjoying dinner at Carmine's on Rush st. here in Chicago. We were seated along the sidewalk at the outdoor cafe area just having a good'ole time when all of a sudden, we all heard a very loud report in our immediate vicinity. I looked over at this bozo standing 10-15 feet away from us (along with another 100 or so others seated in the cafe area), and saw that look in his eyes :eek: . He then bent over to pick up a very tiny .22 derringer, and tried stuffing it back into his pants. He was obviously half in the bag,and he tried to conceal the .22 from the half dozen or so CPD coppers standing across the street, and tried to walk into the waiting area of Carmine's. I alerted my other two friends with me who are also LEO's, and we jumped on the guy and took the .22 from him. Our other buddy alerted a CPD Lietenant who came with the rest of the troops, and convinced us not to drag him into the bathroom to teach him a lesson. Needless to say, we were all furious, and the bullet hole in the side of the resturant owners brand new Escalade which was parked directly infront of us left quite an impression! He was locked-up, and we went on to enjoy the rest of our night. Its a shame that idiots like this, involved in incidents like this, only give that creep mayor Daley more "ammo" for his anti-gun crusade.

Ice Cream Man
07-04-06, 05:53
Its a shame that idiots like this, involved in incidents like this, only give that creep mayor Daley more "ammo" for his anti-gun crusade.

What a dumba$$, that is all we need a goof like that to have King Daley to try to spread his anti gun agenda across the state.:rolleyes:

LukeMacGillie
07-04-06, 06:27
I applaud his exercising his God given right to self defence, and he was good in my book right up to when he dropped his pistol.

Having lived in places like Cali and New York and traveled thru Chicago, sometimes you just have to put aside the desire for a real good time, and just have a good time so as to not expose yourself to the forces of oppression.

KyBlaster
07-04-06, 06:46
I don't know much about Chicago CCW laws, but I imagine they are not too friendly, or nonexistent.

However if your going to carry anyway you should make damn sure you maintain positive control of your weapon. Proper holster.

And don't risk your freedom carrying around a POS .22 derringer that will ND when dropped.

Razoreye
07-04-06, 13:40
Ha! Nice title and lead in to the story.

"Idiot of the week award goes to... my fiance and I"

:D

Texas_Soldier
07-10-06, 16:52
King Richard is one of the reasons that as soon as I could I left the Chitcago area with all due haste after I got out of the Navy.

I like my home state where Big Brother has better things to do than jack with people over concealed firearms, like maybe arresting real criminals.

My wife is from Chicago and I will not visit the inlaws until I can carry my gun legally there. (If I get the job I am after HR218 will make it all moot point anyways).

Glad it worked out in the end, good guys 1 idiots 0.

SuicideHz
07-11-06, 10:44
Chicago has NO CCW provisions. Handguns aren't even allowed in the city limits, even in homes.

I hate that.