PDA

View Full Version : awesome gift from wife!!!!!

trappernanabg19
04-20-13, 13:44
My wife surprised me with a Black Gold Custom upper and lower! It's a " MULTI" lower. Can I use these to build a 6.8SPC SBR. Am I NUTS? I understand that the barrel,bolt,and magazines are all 6.8SPC specific. I have almost no info on the ballistics.Let me make this a little more "F"ed up.Would a "Can" be possible? And, Would a piston set up make sense? I know that's a lot but,I trust the opinions I've seen here.Thanks

Vash1023
04-20-13, 14:54
does she have a sister??? lol

congrats man

steyrman13
04-20-13, 18:55
Others will pitch in. You can use it for the 6.8 and 556 and 458 and 300blk/whisper and .... Also DI setup for 6.8. I believe you'll need a 7.62 can. SBE you will have to do engraving and register.

nrvnqsrxk
04-20-13, 20:09
Congrats! What does it look like?

Desmond82
04-21-13, 06:38
Pics Please !!!

morpheus6d9
04-21-13, 08:51
Pics :o

sent from the toilet

trappernanabg19
04-21-13, 18:28
I don't have it yet.It's in transit. Check out Black Gold Arms in Montana. The owner is Mike. He's a great guy,and I think he's pretty well caught up.

slamd095
04-23-13, 19:50
Very nice. I like the lines of the lowers. They just look clean to me. Maybe it was the pictures...either way, nice looking hardware. I do like the enlarger trigger guard, and that it is built in that fashion. I have giant nubs on my hands..those look like they would fit nicely...

Clint
04-23-13, 21:35
My wife surprised me with a Black Gold Custom upper and lower!
Awesome
It's a " MULTI" lower. Can I use these to build a 6.8SPC SBR.
Yes
Am I NUTS?
Probably
I understand that the barrel,bolt,and magazines are all 6.8SPC specific.
Yes, and muzzle device or can should be 30 cal
I have almost no info on the ballistics.
http://www.ssarmory.com/ballistics.aspx
110gr@2550/16" easily
Let me make this a little more "F"ed up.
Would a "Can" be possible?
Sure
And, Would a piston set up make sense?
Usually not. DI is already a piston.

I know that's a lot but,I trust the opinions I've seen here.Thanks

Answers in RED

trappernanabg19
04-29-13, 20:55
Gift down the drain.:confused::(Apparently blackgold custon is having problems so i have taken my money to Sun Devil. Tell me what you think

Merle
04-30-13, 21:04
Gift down the drain.:confused::(Apparently blackgold custon is having problems so i have taken my money to Sun Devil. Tell me what you think

This silly thread should be locked?

trappernanabg19
05-01-13, 16:04
Why i got an awesome wife and you don't! Jelous???????

markm
05-01-13, 16:14

Out of the Frying pan and into the FIRE! :nono:

Sun Devil is garbage.

trappernanabg19
05-01-13, 16:59
You have one?

slamd095
05-01-13, 22:16
Out of the Frying pan and into the FIRE! :nono:

Sun Devil is garbage.

Just saw this. Mark and I had a long discussion about those guys. Good advice..

Grant and a few others have been talking about these guys. Looking at everything that has rolled out lately, and the pricing...

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=811036

markm
05-02-13, 07:58
You have one?

Not sure if this question is for me. :confused:

I don't have one. I passed on one during a prior panic. They had them in a local gun store here in Mesa, and they were crap. Nevermind that they're Billet which is the first clue to anyone with a CLUE.

The idiotic tensioning screw sealed the deal that this company is a joke and has no idea which direction is up.

And the CS horror stories from their crap breaking because they don't know how big to make the roll pin holes is a whole other can of worms.

Buyer beware.

trappernanabg19
05-02-13, 08:42
What's that saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover" No time behind a trigger of one? Sounds foolish to jump to conclusions by asthustedics.Luckily I've been on this site long enough to notice crap when I here it. Oh ya I was fortunate to spend a few hours and probably 400rds behind a Sun Devil upper and lower owed by a buddy of my who's one of our county sheriffs. A marine for 8 years and a sheriff for 16.This site really is getting pathetic.A simple comment about a good woman turns into some pissy comments.All glass half empty comments.No, "I haven't had luck with mine". All " well, I saw one here and Blah blah blah crap crap crap.Get out and shoot your gun instead of your mouth. boo hoo hoo you've made me sad.:(

ZINCOGNITO
05-02-13, 14:36
It's your money. No need to get your panties in a bunch.....

trappernanabg19
05-02-13, 16:19
Don't wear panties,anymore, commando all the way.I enjoy wasting money, i have way too much.

ZINCOGNITO
05-02-13, 17:04
Well maybe if you'd stop wasting money you could afford to buy some panties. :D

All bullshit aside, do you. Everyone has their own opinions and tastes. If a water gun makes you happy, buy it. But don't expect everyone to agree with you.

Col_Crocs
05-02-13, 17:45
A simple comment about a good woman turns into some pissy comments.

You changed the subject when you asked what people thought of your shift to Sun Devil. ;) Furthermore, if your buddy's experience with SD sealed the deal for you, then you shouldnt have asked for people's thoughts.

trappernanabg19
05-02-13, 20:53
definately funny! I guess the thing that disappoints me is that, very very few comments are constructive.And not just with my thread.I guess i'm expecting a little too much. After all aren't most of us brotheren from iether Mil/Leo. I guess not. My honest guess is the majority of members are monday morning "firearms experts". That's whats annoying I started shooting at 8 ,tore itdownat 9 ,and was enrolled in crininal justice classes in 88". anyway take care;)

jayband
06-03-13, 12:10
wish my wife will do the same to me!