PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Build.

Stugotz
04-20-13, 13:52
Hello All, I'm in the process of building my a new AR and just wanted to post up some specs for it as follows:

Noveske/Vltor MUR-1A upper with bolt assist
Vltor Low-Profile Gas Block
BCM Charging Handle
JPBC-3 SP Polished Stainless Low Mass Carrier
Schreyer Weapon Systems SWS-15 Lower Receiver
Geissele Hi-Speed Match Rifle trigger
JP Silent capture spring
ERGO Tactical Deluxe Grip
Magpul PRS stock
Lothar Walther 18" barrel length, 8" twist, stainless, .223 Wylde chamber
Noveske NSR 13.5" handguard
SureFire MB556K Muzzle Brake
Bobro 1 piece 30MM Precision Optic Mount
Nightforce NXS 3.5x15x56 - NP-R1 Reticle

I'm approx. 4~5 weeks out on receiving all of the components, and will post pictures once the build is complete! (My early B-day present to myself) :happy:

SWThomas
04-20-13, 15:41
Sounds like an awesome build. Post pics when it's done.

polymorpheous
04-20-13, 15:42
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=82447

MistWolf
04-20-13, 22:48
Why are you using a low mass carrier & a Silent Capture spring? What will they give you the standard parts will not?

Stugotz
04-20-13, 23:27
Why are you using a low mass carrier & a Silent Capture spring? What will they give you the standard parts will not?

A low mass carrier will lower the recoil slightly for quicker and hopefully more accurate follow up shots.

The JP Silent Capture spring is smoother operating with less noise. It also changes the recoil impulse.

VIP3R 237
04-20-13, 23:41
A low mass carrier will lower the recoil slightly for quicker and hopefully more accurate follow up shots.

The JP Silent Capture spring is smoother operating with less noise. It also changes the recoil impulse.

...with reduced reliability across a broader spectrum of ammo. If your are building a gamer gun its ok, but most of the members here are about serious hard use guns.

From the list of parts you have it looks like you are building more of a SPR type rifle, it should be a pretty sweet shooter.

Stugotz
04-21-13, 07:41
...with reduced reliability across a broader spectrum of ammo. If your are building a gamer gun its ok, but most of the members here are about serious hard use guns.

From the list of parts you have it looks like you are building more of a SPR type rifle, it should be a pretty sweet shooter.

I had considered that going in on this build, you pretty much nailed it on the head, I plan on dialing this in with a few specific loads and hunt 'yotes etc. ;)

Shao
05-01-13, 07:28
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=82447

What he was getting at is - wait until you have it together and can post some pics.

eodinert
05-01-13, 10:48
You should probably run an adjustable gas block with that light weight bolt carrier.

Stugotz
05-04-13, 16:24
I may very well end up doing just that, I do have the option of swapping out one for the other. Thanks for the suggestion. :smile: