PDA

View Full Version : GI milspec single point sling

HMsailor
04-21-13, 10:52
does anyone know what single point sling is government issued or milspec standards?

polymorpheous
04-21-13, 11:33
Why does it have to be "mil-spec" or .gov issued?

To answer your question, I don't think there is such thing.

HMsailor
04-21-13, 12:00
Why does it have to be "mil-spec" or .gov issued?

To answer your question, I don't think there is such thing.

so your saying military doesnt issue single point slings? so whatever they are using in iraq and afg, they bought out of their own pocket?

AKDoug
04-21-13, 12:22
Probably so.

mkmckinley
04-21-13, 12:57
Research the Rapid Fielding Initiative.

Single point slings have been out of favor in the military for years. Quick adjust two point slings are better with the VTAC sling being the most common.

jonconsiglio
04-21-13, 13:03
The Vickers/BlueForce Gear VCAS in coyote is now issued as well as the standard non adjustable sling that comes with the rifle.

VCAS is the most common. The VTAC is an awesome sling as well and pretty much equal just different adjustment. Both have an NSN.

Three point slings are all but gone and single point slings are very limited though still in use.

An adjustable two point attached correctly will do pretty much everything a single point is capable of. I stopped using single point slings a couple years ago in favor of the VCAS and my main use of a rifle is indoors and inside of vehicles. No issues at all.

JRB845
04-21-13, 13:59
I believe the singel point slings in use by any MIL units/individuals were either user purchased, COTS, or purchased by units and not widespread issue/purchased

Jaysop
04-21-13, 14:23
The Vickers/BlueForce Gear VCAS in coyote is now issued as well as the standard non adjustable sling that comes with the rifle.

VCAS is the most common. The VTAC is an awesome sling as well and pretty much equal just different adjustment. Both have an NSN.

Three point slings are all but gone and single point slings are very limited though still in use.

An adjustable two point attached correctly will do pretty much everything a single point is capable of. I stopped using single point slings a couple years ago in favor of the VCAS and my main use of a rifle is indoors and inside of vehicles. No issues at all.

I wish that was my experience.

HMsailor
04-21-13, 23:57
how about some single point attachments? any good brand out there?

JSantoro
04-22-13, 07:42
Yeah, single-points were individual or unit-specific purchases, never heard of anything bigger than battalion size in regard to thelatter (which doesn't mean that that's never occurred...).

Grey Search button in header, keywords "single point sling," limited to thread titles only, limited to the Tactical Gear subforum: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php?searchid=5797734

Even punching in "sling" under the same restrictions is gonna net a horde of threads about types and attachment options, pictures included.