PDA

View Full Version : Another M&P VTAC 9 thread....

99HMC4
04-21-13, 22:18
So my personal suppressed pistol is a V3 P30 and Tirant 9. I got a wild hair and decided I wanted another suppressed 9 for a shop demo. So I needed up with a 9mm VTAC and a FDE Gemtech Tundra (I actually found one). I doubt it to be a quiet as my tirant or my isis-2 but its gonna be an attention getter. My tundra is currently pending on a F3 and I should have it any day, I've had the VTAC for a week and I threw a factory 1/2x28 barrel on it and an APEX sear. I shot it for the first time today (I'm an HK old Glock shooter) and I got the normal M&P issues. Accuracy is lacking (which is easy to see when there's that much barrel/slide play at lock up) and very weak ejection. Brass flipped strait onto my hat EVERY shot. Yes, cheap plinking ammo and I'm not going to run premium ammo just to get a good ejection path. So I'll probably end up getting a fitted 1/2x28 barrel but is the weak brass flow the recoil spring on the m&ps? Should I go 15# or 14#? It's going to be run suppressed 90% of the time. Anyone with first hand advice?

jmoney
04-22-13, 10:42
I had the same issue with mine at first,

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=104239&page=2

I haven't had the issue with weak ejection after the first few hundred rounds

Accuracy up close is fine, but out at a distance, mine suffers. I am on grants waiting list.

99HMC4
04-22-13, 14:16
Hmmm, I adjusted the ejector a bit. It was hitting pretty low on the brass. I'll SE if that helps and ill get some trigger time with it suppressed before I start changing springs. Anyone else suppress the VTAC? It's shoots really soft compared to my glock and p30, this is my first M&P and I can see why I sell so many...

jmoney
04-22-13, 16:20
I never checked to see where the ejector hit the brass. I know that I have 0 problems with 124gr and up, since that is all I reload. The M&P for sure shoots softer than the other 9mm pistols that I have owned.

I have not fired suppressed though, I am still waiting on my barrel from G&R.

Tzook
04-22-13, 20:41
Hmm I've never had any issues with my VTAC, it's always been as accurate as I need it to be. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones?

99HMC4
04-23-13, 00:36
I had a threaded barrel before I even had the gun. So with the extra barrel I can grab the muzzle and slide and see the movement. No beeno.... :(

99HMC4
06-04-13, 21:58
So my VTAC won't cycle with my Gemtech tundra. The sides moving back about a 1/8". Anyone have any luck using lighter recoil spring to get these to cycle?