PDA

View Full Version : Storage while traveling

HwyKnight
04-22-13, 02:29
I'm going to be traveling out of state in may. I plan on going to the range a few times with my nephew while there. (Tampa) I'm not comfortable leaving my guns in the hotel room when they are not in use. Does anyone have any suggestions for secure storage? They will be in a locked TSA approved case, but I don't even like the thought of leaving the case in the hotel room. Any help would be appreciated.

AKDoug
04-22-13, 10:58
I run into this issue quite often. There honestly is no great way to take care of it. In most cases I will just take my rifle, broken down in the bottom of a non-descript duffle, with me as I move about (as long as it's legal) in the trunk of my rental car.

jmoore
04-22-13, 11:30
Probably of no use if you are renting a car, but I just installed a safe in the console of my truck. Not the end-all or anything, but a somewhat higher level on the peace-of-mind scale. John

ST911
04-22-13, 12:00
I'm going to be traveling out of state in may. I plan on going to the range a few times with my nephew while there. (Tampa) I'm not comfortable leaving my guns in the hotel room when they are not in use. Does anyone have any suggestions for secure storage? They will be in a locked TSA approved case, but I don't even like the thought of leaving the case in the hotel room. Any help would be appreciated.

Leave the case in the room, backpack the guns around with you in the car in something non-descript. (Check out the discreet carry threads.)

Alpha Sierra
04-22-13, 12:13
The only time I've stayed with long guns in hotels were going to training or matches so the guns went with me when I left the room.

When I travel with a carry pistol I lock it up in the room safe if I'm stepping out of the room and leaving it there.