PDA

View Full Version : FBI Potential Indicators Of Terrorist Activity...Firearm Shops...

SteyrAUG
04-22-13, 16:33
This is what we are all supposed to watch for in relationship to anyone wanting exploding targets and things like tannerite.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/SteyrAUG/FBI_zpsc0a0bf34.jpg

theblackknight
04-22-13, 16:39
Using cash? really?

SteyrAUG
04-22-13, 16:42
Using cash? really?

Apparently people aren't allowed to be racist or extremely religious either. So I guess nobody who voted for Obama can buy anything since the vast majority of those votes were racially motivated.

And it looks like the new pope is also SOL.

ForTehNguyen
04-22-13, 17:03
Using cash? really?

use toilet paper USD to pay - terrorist
use gold/silver to pay - terrorist

No.6
04-22-13, 19:02
use toilet paper USD to pay - terrorist
use gold/silver to pay - terrorist

Yes, because it's not traceable. And more importantly if you use cash, then the banking industry doesn't extract a percentage.

jaxman7
04-22-13, 19:59
I absolutely love the seventh warning sign:

"Lack of firearms knowledge or target shooting"

Wouldn't that make almost every employee and every customer in almost every firearms store a possible terrorist? ;)

-Jax

davidjinks
04-22-13, 20:03
Hell, there's a couple of bullet points in there that describes a whole shit load of gun owners.

Voodoochild
04-22-13, 20:23
Using cash? really?

If you use cash it is almost impossible to trace. If you use CC then you are easily traceable.

Clint
04-22-13, 20:24
Whoa guys, settle down.

Everything's fine.

It's all right there in the smallest print.

"The FBI does not intend to interfere with an individual's right to own a firearm or deny the Constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens"

Nothing to see here, move along...
:sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

T2C
04-22-13, 20:40
That is an old chart. How much dust did it have on it when you found it? Does it smell like moth balls?

SteyrAUG
04-22-13, 21:54
That is an old chart. How much dust did it have on it when you found it? Does it smell like moth balls?

Actually hand delivered to me in person this AM by the FBI. I'm assuming as a result of the Boston bombing.

Pork Chop
04-22-13, 22:31
So I guess nobody who voted for Obama can buy anything since the vast majority of those votes were racially motivated.

Obama voters wouldn't be paying with cash anyway.

xrayoneone
04-22-13, 22:47
Actually hand delivered to me in person this AM by the FBI. I'm assuming as a result of the Boston bombing.

I've been part of these conversations. It goes a little like this:

"I hate being in the office."
"Wanna pass out some fliers, grab lunch, then go home."
"Anything to get the hell outta here. What kind of fliers?"
"Some old bullshit about [insert crime here] they haven't been updated since '93, says so right here."
"What bullshit. Where's lunch?"

Anything remotely related to something in the news just makes it easier to justify. Then of course there are the bosses that make guys pass those things out but hey, outta the office so win/win. If ISIS had fliers Archer would be a flier passing king.

Sensei
04-22-13, 23:09

Versions of that flyer have been around for a while. Interestingly, I've bought or sold maybe 100 firearms in my career. Only once or twice have I ever hit more than 1 of those red flags in the same purchase. A couple of times I've used cash and made what most non-gun types would call "bulk purchases" in short time frame. Fortunately, I've been able to keep my job and I've not seen any black helicopters over my house in a few days.

SteyrAUG
04-22-13, 23:33
Versions of that flyer have been around for a while. Interestingly, I've bought or sold maybe 100 firearms in my career. Only once or twice have I ever hit more than 1 of those red flags in the same purchase. A couple of times I've used cash and made what most non-gun types would call "bulk purchases" in short time frame. Fortunately, I've been able to keep my job and I've not seen any black helicopters over my house in a few days.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the criteria listed is pretty standard since the 90s. Just looks like they found a new category with the "exploding targets" thing as a tie in to the Boston attack.

I really don't believe anyone sat down and came up with completely new material. And I get this was largely "busy work" so that when somebody asks what they are doing to prevent the next attack they can honestly say they've had agents out all week doing this and that.

These fliers always contain elements that are internet worthy so I simply posted it. I guess at least the "excessively patriotic" right wing radical category didn't make the list this time around.

Javelin
04-22-13, 23:41
It's the mere fact that our government is concerned makes me concerned.

jpmuscle
04-23-13, 01:02
There is a whole lot of truth here lol
I've been part of these conversations. It goes a little like this:

"I hate being in the office."
"Wanna pass out some fliers, grab lunch, then go home."
"Anything to get the hell outta here. What kind of fliers?"
"Some old bullshit about [insert crime here] they haven't been updated since:( '93, says so right here."
"What bullshit. Where's lunch?"

Anything remotely related to something in the news just makes it easier to justify. Then of course there are the bosses that make guys pass those things out but hey, outta the office so win/win. If ISIS had fliers Archer would be a flier passing king.

Mjolnir
04-23-13, 06:40
So I guess nobody who voted for Obama can buy anything since the vast majority of those votes were racially motivated.

I'm gonna have to call BS on this one. Do a demographical analysis of the nation.

The_War_Wagon
04-23-13, 07:28
Hell, there's a couple of bullet points in there that describes a whole shit load of gun owners.

And THEREIN is the plan... :eek:

Spiffums
04-23-13, 07:34
I remember us buying a flat bed truck load of Ammonia Nitrate when we were farming. Used it to side dress tobacco. Now a days unless you have a chemical card from the state you can't buy much of anything we used to get back then. We have a card so I guess we are vetted and all :lol:

montanadave
04-23-13, 07:47
So how much of this is "Big Brother" government intrusion and how much is just bureaucratic CYA bullshit?

Just for a moment, let's suppose some dipshit decides to buy up a bunch of Tannerite targets off Amazon or from the local Wally World and touches off a 5 gallon bucket full of the shit at the bus stop on the corner.

Every talking head on the boob tube is going to be shouting about "How in the world can any Tom, Dick, or Harry just click a mouse or walk into a store and buy ... EXPLOSIVES?" And within days our esteemed representatives in Congress will haul in the usual suspects from every federal law enforcement agency and rake them over the coals about how in the world THEY allowed this to happen.

So the Feds pass out a bunch of fliers and can honestly respond, "Hey, we're on it. You wanna prevent it? Pass a law and make the shit illegal. The ball's in your court."

davidjinks
04-23-13, 08:06
Let's all really be honest here...in order to prevent anyone from making a bomb you would have to ban about 95% of all the materials we use everyday.

That includes gasoline, cell phones and batteries.

Of course, as weak as most Americans are nowadays, I can honestly see that happening. I mean hell, I have to show a ****ing DL to buy sudafed, the stuff that actually works. Worse yet, talk about being pissed off and making a scene, I had to show a DL to buy a damned can of air for my computer.

How screwed up is this country again???

skydivr
04-23-13, 10:05
They forgot "Using an EBT card to purchase..."

SomeOtherGuy
04-23-13, 11:10
This list looks pretty reasonable to me. If you read the whole thing as a consistent SET of things to look for, and don't just focus on a couple words here and there. If someone comes into a shop, wants to buy a pallet load of Tannerite, doesn't know how you would legally use it, is constantly glancing over their shoulder, mumbles in Arabic and pays in cash, you might have reason to be suspicious.

If your regular custom Eddie comes into the shop, buys a 1/2lb of Tannerite and pays with cash, that is not suspicious. Use of your brain is needed. This is one of the most mild and reasonably written government anti-terrorism warning lists I've seen posted online.

I'm very suspicious of anything that intrudes on our rights, but to me this looks like ordinary, mundane, and reasonable law enforcement work.

davidjinks
04-23-13, 11:54
And that's the rub...it will never be looked at like that.

What?!?! Dan Joe at the local shop just reported Joe Bob came in and bought 10 pounds of smokeless powder and 10,000 primers!!!

Obviously that's sarcasm...but it could possibly go down like that.

This list looks pretty reasonable to me. If you read the whole thing as a consistent SET of things to look for, and don't just focus on a couple words here and there. If someone comes into a shop, wants to buy a pallet load of Tannerite, doesn't know how you would legally use it, is constantly glancing over their shoulder, mumbles in Arabic and pays in cash, you might have reason to be suspicious.

If your regular custom Eddie comes into the shop, buys a 1/2lb of Tannerite and pays with cash, that is not suspicious. Use of your brain is needed. This is one of the most mild and reasonably written government anti-terrorism warning lists I've seen posted online.

I'm very suspicious of anything that intrudes on our rights, but to me this looks like ordinary, mundane, and reasonable law enforcement work.

T2C
04-23-13, 21:40

I did not know you owned a gun shop. I am glad to hear the FBI is using up shoe leather to reach out to people who might see a whack job who wants to hurt rank and file citizens who want to live in peace. You cannot blame them for that. Hopefully they are canvassing the mosques.

SteyrAUG
04-23-13, 22:08
I did not know you owned a gun shop. I am glad to hear the FBI is using up shoe leather to reach out to people who might see a whack job who wants to hurt rank and file citizens who want to live in peace. You cannot blame them for that. Hopefully they are canvassing the mosques.

It's not so much that I blame them as I find some of their stated criteria questionable. Of course this isn't as bad as some that I've seen in the past.

And honestly, I don't need a government checklist to tell somebody to take a walk if they just don't feel right to me.