PDA

View Full Version : Aussie issued S&W M66-7

Denali
04-22-13, 23:11
I landed this a couple of years ago, recently it journeyed to APW/Cogan for a little sprucing up. This specimen was produced in 2005(last year of production)then immediately shipped off down under to SAPOL, where it was issued to their version of a dick.

Miracle that it made its way back stateside, I bought it for that reason alone...

Nephrology
04-23-13, 06:54
Neat find! I love the Kangaroo engraving.

The_War_Wagon
04-23-13, 07:26
My favorite revolver - and something neat & different about it! I'd of, ahem, jumped on that, too! :D

Denali
04-23-13, 21:16
Neat find! I love the Kangaroo engraving.

My favorite revolver - and something neat & different about it! I'd of, ahem, jumped on that, too! :D

Thanks, I really wanted that Roo etched into the side plate, it turned out quite well. The image was swiped from the Aussie Olympic boxing team flag. APW/Cogan street tuned the action, checked out all internals, and barrel fit, then hard chromed the revolver.

I got this wheel gun for a song, a really good buy, it had only minor holster wear while appearing to have been fired very sparingly. I wish I had bought the other one to boot(they actually had three of them)a six inch model...

Trajan
04-24-13, 11:29
I thought that the 66-6 was the last of that series?

Denali
04-24-13, 13:16
I thought that the 66-6 was the last of that series?

Nope, 66-7 was the last version, two piece barrel, and some additional mim components. It was DC'd in 2005 along with the entire series....