PDA

View Full Version : Best (least expensive) place to buy a LMT AR15??

RIDE
03-26-08, 13:14
Hi! I am new to the forum, and new to AR15's.

I am interested in purchasing a 16" LMT AR15 with a quadrail...

Can any of you veterans please tell me where the best place to purchase on of these is?

In your opinions is the LMT a good way to go? Should I go with the Colt instead?

Thanks for any info. I really appreciate any help.

markm
03-26-08, 13:22
Try GandRtactical.com. They can install your rail system for you too!

DrMark
03-26-08, 13:45
Try GandRtactical.com. They can install your rail system for you too!

Yep, G & R Tactical.

Some years ago I got an LMT upper with LaRue rail from Grant. Good service, good price, plus if you're active on this forum it's good to support those who support the forum, as G & R does.

Don't expect to find someone who sells LMT stuff at 20% less than everyone else. LMT, like many companies now, maintains some control over the selling price of their products.

RIDE
03-26-08, 13:47
Ok... thanks for the info.. So what should I expect to pay for the whole set-up?

Thanks again. Great forum you have here.

thatguy950
03-26-08, 14:01
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=HGSTD16

You're not going find one for any less than $1250, trust me I looked a lot. I just purchased a Colt 6920 from Grant yesterday and and very pleased with the service, he's very knowledgeable and very helpful, I can't wait to get my gun. As far as LMT vs Colt, I believe they are of equal quality so you can't go wrong either way, I may pick up an LMT this summer to add to my black rifle collection. If you're looking for a Colt 6920 it's going to be tricky to track one down right now.

tuff
03-26-08, 16:05
I'm thinking seriously about buying a LMT lower from G&R and starting a new build myself...:D

And welcome to the forum..

johnson601
03-26-08, 16:13
I just ordered a LMT 14.5" w/ perm vortex from G&R Tactical and they had the best price I could find. Great people to work with as well.:)

TUNNEL RAT 33
03-26-08, 16:25
i cant recommend Grant enough

Cold Zero
03-26-08, 16:56
What the other guys said, G. & R. Tactical, good service, fast shipping. Think about buy your LMT upper and lower separately, saves on the tax.;)

miamitj
03-27-08, 23:04
Think about buy your LMT upper and lower separately, saves on the tax.;)

Which saves you $$$$$ too :)

variablebinary
03-28-08, 05:00
GandRtactical.com

Dont buy a complete rifle. Get the upper and lower seperate

tjhjunk
03-28-08, 06:27
Just purchased my LMT from Grant at G&R Tactical. This is what I got...

Complete LMT 16'' upper
Complete lower with CTR stock (shipped to my FFL)
7.0 Daniel Defense Omega rail (installed by Grant):D
LMT auto carrier group assembly with charging handle
H-buffer
Troy rear folding battle site
10 PMAGS
Aimpoint Comp C3 in a LaRue cantilever mount
Blue Force Gear Vickers Sling with push buttons

I am very pleased with the rifle and the service from G&R Tactical. This was my first purchase of this kind and was a little nervous but Grant and his wife answered all of my emails and phone calls quickly and were very polite and patient.

Grant has a custom LMT build here...http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=12800
Or you can go to his web-site (at the bottom of his posts) and see what they have to offer.

I feel as though he gave me a smokin' package deal:D and will not hesitate to do more business with G&R Tactical. :cool:
Tim:D

RIDE
03-28-08, 08:43
Thanks for all the info.

I have what may very well be the most stupid AR question ever <putting on flame suit> :D

I am going to get an LMT, and I would like the front end to look like the pics below (Rail over most of the barrel and using the Flip-up type front sights instead of the seemingly default "triangle" sights). Is this possible? what do I need?

Thanks again.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/twodollarbill/lmtposted2.jpg

http://www.aimsurplus.com/flansgun1.jpg

tjhjunk
03-28-08, 09:53
Yes, $$$$$:D
Tim:cool:

RIDE
03-28-08, 09:56
$$$$$$$$:D
Tim:cool:

LOL Can you be a little more specific please? Just the longer rail is a lot more $$$$$? What rail is it? Is it simply a matter of removing the default "triangle" front sight that is attached the the barrel, adding the longer rail, and attaching a flip-up front sight?

please help.

:D

RD62
03-28-08, 10:37
The default "triangle" front sight as you put it, is the standard front sight base which also functions as the gas block, funneling gas from the barrel down the connected gas tube and into the gas key on the bolt carrier group causing it's rearward motion and the extraction of the expended round. To get the look you want you would need to replace the standard front sight base with a low profile gas block that would fit under whichever rail you choose to go with. It would appear in the pictures to be a 10.5" upper requiring the completion and approval of either a Form 1 or Form 4 with the ATF, as this would be a "Short barrled rifle" under the 16" minimum allowable barrel length. The upper you pictured is using a VLTOR VIS monolithic railed upper receiver in either Mid-length or extended mid-length and not an LMT receiver. And it has a Troy flip up front sight. So yeah you just need $$$$.

-RD62

sff70
03-28-08, 16:25
Another vote for Grant (www.gandrtactical.com)

If you want a stock, plain jane LMT, he has that.

If you want to configure the rifle to suit your needs, he has a huge selection of parts and can install them (the right way).

Give him a call or email.

RIDE
03-28-08, 16:29
I am trying to buy an LMT from Grant, I have faxed him my FFL's certificate.. I'm just having a hard time getting a hold of him. Grant? Where are you? :D:D:D

When ordering from GandRTactical, does stuff ship out pretty quickly?

Thank you everyone... again.. great forum and members here!!!!

sff70
03-28-08, 16:32
GNR is a husband and wife shop, so he's usually busier than a 1 legged man in an butt-kicking contest, but it's worth it to deal with them.

He'll get ahold of you.

RIDE
03-28-08, 16:34
GNR is a husband and wife shop, so he's usually busier than a 1 legged man in an butt-kicking contest, but it's worth it to deal with them.

He'll get ahold of you.

Ahhhh... Ok great! That makes me even happier to do send money his way!!!

I can hardly wait. I'll post pics as soon as I get it. Hopefully by the end of next week!!!!

Thanks again!

Northbilly
03-28-08, 17:36
+1 more for Grant. Just got my Colt 6920 from him - he's a buys man and there is a reason for it - he knows what he's doing. Hang in there - you will not be disappointed.

tjhjunk
03-28-08, 21:51
Ride, it took about 5 weeks for my rifle to arrive from G&R. I placed my order the day before Grant left for the SHOT show in Las Vegas so that delayed it some what. Also it seems as though a lot of people are ordering firearms before the upcoming election so he is swamped. The dealers that he buys from are experiencing the same increase so be patient as it is worth the wait:D .

I paid for my rifle with a cashiers check witch makes it a little easier for him, but you can pay with a credit card. I think he adds about 3% if you pay with plastic.

Tim

usmcvet
02-14-10, 00:01
Thanks for all the info.

I have what may very well be the most stupid AR question ever <putting on flame suit> :D

I am going to get an LMT, and I would like the front end to look like the pics below (Rail over most of the barrel and using the Flip-up type front sights instead of the seemingly default "triangle" sights). Is this possible? what do I need?

Thanks again.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/twodollarbill/lmtposted2.jpg

http://www.aimsurplus.com/flansgun1.jpg

Great looking set up but how the heck does he turn that surfire on!