PDA

View Full Version : Glock Blue label question.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
04-23-13, 20:56
First, can LEO dealers ship to a local FFL? Also do they make a blue label 19 in FDE?

Voodoo_Man
04-23-13, 20:59
Dont know bout fde, but they need to prove its going to a leo.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
04-23-13, 21:17
Assumed I could fax work Id on a office letter head.

Frailer
04-23-13, 21:32
Assumed I could fax work Id on a office letter head.

I don't *think* a stocking blue label dealer can ship to your local FFL, but if you're in Ohio Keisler's Police Supply in Indiana (the regional Glock LE distributor) can do this for you.

You can fax or e-mail them a copy of your department ID and driver's license to confirm your status.

FWIW my experiences with Kiesler's have been positive.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
04-24-13, 06:22
I will check them out. Thanks Frailer

ICANHITHIMMAN
04-24-13, 06:27
I have that blue label glock 19, there is a form you have to fill out with your ibm number. The shop your having it shipped to will have to do it.

Up1911fan
04-24-13, 07:51
Yes. No.

tpd223
04-24-13, 08:13
If you get a letter from your Chief or Sheriff you can have the gun sent straight to your department.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
04-24-13, 08:35
Yes. No.

You broke my heart.

Thanks fellas I'll see what I can do. I have a leo dealer about 5 min. from the office but I can't stand them and the other is about and hr away but they dont have any 19's in stock so that is why I was hoping I could find one in stock and have it shipped.

Beat Trash
04-24-13, 08:49
If you're in central Ohio, try Vance's Police Supply in Columbus. They're a Glock LEO blue label dealer.

They basically just need your ID along with your ODL. And money of course...

4DAIVI PAI2K5
04-24-13, 08:59
Vances is the one that is an hour away. I bought my g23 from them a couple years ago. Talked to them last week said they would have to order a 19. Searched around and people are saying their orders are taking 6-9 months in some circumstances. So hoping to find a random place that has one in stock.

Spiffums
04-24-13, 11:38
Dont know bout fde, but they need to prove its going to a leo.

I just fax em a copy of my badge .....

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRW9FI3K9rjjmke80fJ7aQ5qTWMgz686af3YiI2u4fz7kfmlxTUvA

223to45
04-24-13, 13:30
What is a blue label glock??

I have heard people use this before. I have a G19 with a blue label , bought used.

So I was just wondering what was different with these??

Maineshooter
04-24-13, 13:38
http://us.glock.com/bluelabel

No difference in the guns. From the glock site:

GLOCK is proud to offer the exclusive Blue Label program to support those who protect and serve communities across the U.S. and around the world. Those who qualify will receive a discount on any GLOCK pistol of their choice.

Those who qualify include:

Sworn Law Enforcement officers, including Federal, State, County, & City (Includes retired L.E. officers with "retired" credentials)
EMT’s, Fire Fighters, Volunteer Fire Fighters, and Paramedics
Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D. (Includes retired Military with "retired" credentials)
Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers
State Licensed Security Companies (Loomis, RAM, etc.)
State Licensed Armed Security Officers
Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys
LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy

I have heard people use this before. I have a G19 with a blue label , bought used.

Spiffums
04-24-13, 16:46

For gen 3s it came with 3 mags instead of 2.

C4IGrant
04-24-13, 17:00
First, can LEO dealers ship to a local FFL? Also do they make a blue label 19 in FDE?

Yes and no on LE FDE Glocks.

C4

Evan_O
04-24-13, 19:35
OP, they can ship to any FFL of your choosing or to your department. And as you already found out, no on the FDE. They did however do a run of RTF2 gen3 19's that you can still find at some LE dealers.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
04-24-13, 19:38
Grant I plan on shipping it to you to have you put some sights on it for me. I don't want a RTF2, I plan on busting out the sand paper and iron soon as I get it. RTF2 frames are to pretty for this, which is why I sold my G23 RTF2

reaver22
04-25-13, 03:22
I contacted vances also about a 23 in FDE and they said that they do a per purchase order on there FDE's so you would have to order it and wait whatever it is for Keisler to fulfill that order.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
04-25-13, 07:19
Keisler got back with me this morning. They have them in stock and ready to ship but they are unaware of FDE 19's in blue label. They say all they need is my ID and work ID. Looks like I'll be buying a 19 tomorrow.

Mike169
04-25-13, 07:51

You're in Central Ohio, Vance's, Blackwing, and AimHi are all blue label dealers, just FYI...

4DAIVI PAI2K5
04-25-13, 08:06
You're in Central Ohio, Vance's, Blackwing, and AimHi are all blue label dealers, just FYI...

I only knew of Vances and Woodbury ( which I refuse to give money to, even tho they are less then 5 mins from me right now). Vances is out of stock as of a few days ago.

Mike169
04-25-13, 08:14
I only knew of Vances and Woodbury ( which I refuse to give money to, even tho they are less then 5 mins from me right now). Vances is out of stock as of a few days ago.

Vance's is perpetually out of stock, and never able to give accurate dates as to when they anticipate guns coming in (although I believe that to be no fault of their own).

I've never heard of Woodbury, but I feel the same about Blackwing. I find Blackwing's prices to be generally obscene on firearms and their staff is very rude, but sometimes you just can't help buying things there (the other week they had primers in stock, couldn't help it). AimHi is extremely nice and easy to work with, might want to check there.

ETA - AimHi is formerly New Albany Shooting Range, and they just recently (in the last year or so) became a blue label glock dealer and I think also a blue label S&W dealer.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
04-25-13, 08:27
Thanks for that info

Mike169
04-25-13, 08:30
Thanks for that info

No probs, good luck and stay safe out there.

It should be noted by the way, that vances is a "high volume dealer" and when they do get shipments in from Glock, S&W, etc, they get a huge bunch of guns at once..

maddy345
04-27-13, 10:01
Yes and no