PDA

View Full Version : LaRue/Osprey 'Ranger' Edition

potentmix
04-24-13, 00:29
I'm pretty new here and I quickly learned not to post unless the search function proved fruitless or if there is something that I really want to share. I randomly stumbled upon this and I'm curious; is this a special run that never materialized? Could I not find anything on it because its just that new? LaRue is part of what I consider my trifecta of perfection (along with Noveske and Knight's) so whenever I see anything "special" from any of them my interest is instantly piqued.

http://ftp.themaninthesea.com/

EDIT: I just saw the 2013 copyright at the bottom of the webpage immediately after posting this so it must be pretty new

BH321
04-24-13, 00:57
Looks like a very impressive rifle, though I find the quick change barrel feature to be rather gimmicky. Additionally, if I had an IR laser I might be concerned about zero retention of the laser due to movement of the handguard. Finally, not sure about the 14.5' barrel as anything under 16', in my very limited experience, has a rather unpleasant blast. All the same though, it has peaked my interest and I definitely look forward to seeing some reviews in the future.

PalmettoPrecision
04-24-13, 01:02
Seems to be an OBR with the Ranger logo engraved on the lower... looked through the specs and do not see much (if any) difference between it and a "normal" (can you call a larue normal?) OBR.

It states that the barrel can be removed and replaced in under 2 minutes with less than a 1/4MOA accuracy shift. Neat

MistWolf
04-24-13, 01:31
They are only selling these rifles to those who have completed Ranger School.

Near the bottom- Order your Osprey Armament/LaRue Tactical 7.62 Ranger Edition Rifle below with your non-refundable deposit of $299.00. You will be required to show proof of Ranger graduation prior to shipment

jaxman7
04-24-13, 01:35
They are only selling these rifles to those who have completed Ranger School.

Near the bottom- Order your Osprey Armament/LaRue Tactical 7.62 Ranger Edition Rifle below with your non-refundable deposit of $299.00. You will be required to show proof of Ranger graduation prior to shipment

Well....back to Benning for me. ;)

-Jax

foxtrotx1
04-24-13, 01:52
14.5 inch barrel 7.62x51 with a brake? :eek:

That must be fun without a can. :D

MistWolf
04-24-13, 01:56
That's gonna be a big boom. Shortest I like my 308 barrels is 18". I like 20"-22" even better