PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Carbine Match in Polk County 5/18/2013

triden121
04-24-13, 07:02
This match will primarily be a defensive carbine match. The stages will be laid out to utilize your rifle as your primary weapon and a pistol as your secondary. The focus of this match will be to test how well you can run your rifle, so a pistol may not be required on every stage. The match will be held at 4312 EG. Smith Rd. Fort Meade, FL 33841 and registration will start at 12:00 p.m. If you want to show up early we also will have an IDPA match starting at 8:00 a.m.

This match is not currently a U.S.C.A event because it falls on the same weekend as the CFDCC match. We hope to correct this situation in the near future. If you currently shoot the CFDCC match please continue to do so. If you can get away with shooting two matches in one weekend, by all means do both.

If you have attended a CFDCC or FDCC match in the past, you will feel right at home. For more information please visit http://www.defensiveshooters.com/shootingclubs.html

HES
04-24-13, 17:34
Can't make this one. But please keep posting about these events. I'd like to actually make it out there one day.

triden121
04-28-13, 08:41
LDPC Defensive Carbine Match

The Lakeland Defensive Pistol Club will be holding it’s first Tactical 2 Gun Match on 5/18/2013. This match will primarily be a Defensive Carbine Match. The stages will be laid out to utilize your rifle as your primary weapon and a pistol as your secondary. The focus of this match will be to test how well you can run your rifle, so a pistol may not be required on every stage. The match will be held at 4312 EG. Smith Rd. Fort Meade, FL 33841. Registration will start at 12:00 p.m. If you want to show up early, we will also have an IDPA match starting at 8:00 a.m. First time shooters pay just $10.00. The entry fee for the 2 gun match will be $20.00. A $4.00 discount will be offered to Active Duty Military, Law Enforcement and LDPC members.

Grizzly Targets will be providing some of their steel targets for us to use. They will also be giving away one of their 10” round steel targets as a door prize. More sponsors to be announced. Additional information will be posted on www.defensiveshooters.com.

This match will be a U.S.C.A event. A copy of the rulebook can be downloaded from http://www.uscarbineassociation.com.

Items that you will need are:

Rifle with (100-150 rounds) No steel core, green tips, AP, or tracers rounds. We will be using a mixture of cardboard and steel rifle targets on almost every stage.

A good rifle sling

A safe chamber flag

Pistol with (50 rounds)

At least four rifle and three pistol magazines with suitable carriers. If you are
short on rifle magazines for an AR or AK I’m sure we can accommodate you.

An outside the waistband holster with good RENTENTION. Belt mounted or thigh rigs are acceptable. NO CROSS DRAW OR CHEST RIG MOUNTED HOLSTERS. You may use a Serpa holster if you have experience in using it under stress. If this is your first time, please use something else.

We will have water coolers, however a hydration pack is your best option.

If you have attended a CFDCC or FDCC match in the past, you will feel right at home. New shooters are welcome. Do not be intimidated by the word (match). This event could serve as a good learning experience for you. For more
information please visit http://www.defensiveshooters.com or email bill@defensiveshooters.com

triden121
04-28-13, 08:47
http://youtu.be/T_iasIzgUIY

triden121
05-01-13, 13:27
LDPC Defensive Carbine Match

The Lakeland Defensive Pistol Club will be holding it’s first Tactical 2 Gun Match on 5/18/2013. This match will primarily be a Defensive Carbine Match. The stages will be laid out to utilize your rifle as your primary weapon and a pistol as your secondary. The focus of this match will be to test how well you can run your rifle, so a pistol may not be required on every stage. The match will be held at 4312 EG. Smith Rd. Fort Meade, FL 33841. Registration will start at 12:00 p.m. If you want to show up early, we will also have an IDPA match starting at 8:00 a.m. First time shooters pay just $10.00. The entry fee for the 2 gun match will be $20.00. A $4.00 discount will be offered to Active Duty Military, Law Enforcement and LDPC members.

Grizzly Targets will be providing some of their steel targets for us to use. They will also be giving away one of their 10” round steel targets as a door prize. More sponsors to be announced. Additional information will be posted on www.defensiveshooters.com.

This match will be a U.S.C.A event. A copy of the rulebook can be downloaded from http://www.uscarbineassociation.com.

Items that you will need are:

Rifle with (100-150 rounds) No steel core, green tips, AP, or tracers rounds. We will be using a mixture of cardboard and steel rifle targets on almost every stage.

A good rifle sling

A safe chamber flag

Pistol with (50 rounds)

At least four rifle and three pistol magazines with suitable carriers. If you are
short on rifle magazines for an AR or AK I’m sure we can accommodate you.

An outside the waistband holster with good RENTENTION. Belt mounted or thigh rigs are acceptable. NO CROSS DRAW OR CHEST RIG MOUNTED HOLSTERS. You may use a Serpa holster if you have experience in using it under stress. If this is your first time, please use something else.

We will have water coolers, however a hydration pack is your best option.

If you have attended a CFDCC or FDCC match in the past, you will feel right at home. New shooters are welcome. Do not be intimidated by the word (match). This event could serve as a good learning experience for you. For more
information please visit http://www.defensiveshooters.com or email bill@defensiveshooters.com

Match update:

Clarification on the minimum magazine requirements

At least three rifle and two pistol magazines with suitable carriers to carry one pistol and two rifle magazines on your belt or chest rig. You can carry as many extra magazines as you like. If you are short on rifle magazines for an AR or AK I’m sure we can accommodate you.

Eurodriver
05-02-13, 10:01
Hmm. I like the sound of this, I may attend.

My only issue is that I do not have a holster for my handgun. I have a belt, but no holster.

There's no pre registration correct? Just show up early on the 18th if I want to attend??

triden121
05-02-13, 11:07
Hmm. I like the sound of this, I may attend.

My only issue is that I do not have a holster for my handgun. I have a belt, but no holster.

There's no pre registration correct? Just show up early on the 18th if I want to attend??

No pre-registration is required at this time. You will need a holster. What kind of pistol are you shooting?

Eurodriver
05-02-13, 15:44
No pre-registration is required at this time. You will need a holster. What kind of pistol are you shooting?

Glock 19 with a TLR-1. I can take the light off and easily find a holster but I'd like to train with it on. I have a belt that I keep my mags on and I wish I could find a MOLLE Serpa or some sort.

triden121
05-03-13, 14:37
NEW SPONSOR

High Point Personal Security Training, LLC has donated one certificate good for a free regularly scheduled 1 day class of your chose and if you’d like to bring a friend a 20% discount on their tuition.

Door prizes to be given away.

1- 10" Steel rifle target from Grizzly Targets
1- Class of your chose from High Point Personal Security Training, LLC

For more information please visit http://www.defensiveshooters.com (http://www.defensiveshooters.com)

Eurodriver
05-04-13, 21:04
Would there be any issue with me bringing a suppressed SBR to this match? I got a holster and fully plan on attending.

triden121
05-05-13, 08:01
[QUOTE=Eurodriver;1633697]Would there be any issue with me bringing a suppressed SBR to this match? I got a holster and fully plan on attending.[/QUOTE

Yes, you are more then welcome to use your SBR. Just be aware that our shot trimmer may not work correctly with some suppressors. If this happens you will be given one opportunity to re-shoot the stage un-suppressed.

RogerinTPA
05-05-13, 09:52
Great info and thanks for sharing. I wish I would have known about this org sooner (pre Sandy Hook). Something to definitely look into.

Is there a reason why chest rigs are not allowed?

HES
05-05-13, 22:32
I believe just no chest rig mounted holsters.

Again I wish I could make this one. I have been looking for a two gun like this. Hernando does their 2 gun with a pistol and shotty.

triden121
05-06-13, 07:12
Great info and thanks for sharing. I wish I would have known about this org sooner (pre Sandy Hook). Something to definitely look into.

Is there a reason why chest rigs are not allowed?

Chest rigs are fine, however your holster must be worn on your hip or leg. No cross draw or chest mounted holsters. This rule is to avoid sweeping anyone with your pistol.

triden121
05-06-13, 07:18
I believe just no chest rig mounted holsters.

Again I wish I could make this one. I have been looking for a two gun like this. Hernando does their 2 gun with a pistol and shotty.

If we have a good turn out we will hold a match every month. Wish you could make it. Will you be shooting Hernando this month?

RogerinTPA
05-06-13, 13:11
Chest rigs are fine, however your holster must be worn on your hip or leg. No cross draw or chest mounted holsters. This rule is to avoid sweeping anyone with your pistol.

I missed the chest rig "holster part"... got it. Thanks for the clarification.

triden121
05-07-13, 07:27
NEW SPONSOR

High Point Personal Security Training, LLC has donated one certificate good for a free regularly scheduled 1 day class of your chose and if you’d like to bring a friend a 20% discount on their tuition.

Door prizes to be given away.

1- 10" Steel rifle target from Grizzly Targets
1- Class of your chose from High Point Personal Security Training, LLC

For more information please visit http://www.defensiveshooters.com (http://www.defensiveshooters.com)

SPONSOR UPDATE

Ranger Up has just joined the list of sponsors for this event. More details to follow.