PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk AR-15 stock?

Steveindajeep
04-24-13, 18:35
Does anyone know if the buffer that comes with the blackhawk mil-spec AR-15 stock is an H buffer or? They make no mention of the buffer type on their website and I see them on sale frequently enough. They always seem economically priced. Im guessing its just a car buffer.

How are these on quality overall?

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Adjustable-Carbine-Rifle-Buttstock,216,166.htm

Thanks

Hwikek
04-24-13, 19:15
I don't think it comes with a buffer.

I don't wish to sound rude but I think you might want to order a B5 Bravo SOPMOD from Bravo Company USA. It is $58 plus shipping and is probably the best stock available. Or at least that's my feelings on it.

Typically BlackHawk! is more like BlackQuack! in terms of quality. An example is the Serpa holster, a name synonymous with questionable viability.

Steveindajeep
04-24-13, 19:23
well im looking at the special palmetto is running today and it shows a complete stock assembly; r. extension, spring, buffer, plate, nut and stock so im guessing it does.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/lower-parts/stock-kits/blackhawk-ar-15-stock-kit.html

Thanks for the suggestion though, ill check that out :)

Hwikek
04-24-13, 19:26
Ah. Try giving Palmetto a call or email them if you can. Even without the limited QD mount the SOPMOD was hard to beat. Now that the Bravo has a limited travel mount location, why get anything else? Heck Bravo Company even as standard capacity mags in stock!

NeoNeanderthal
04-24-13, 20:00
Says in the description it's a carbine buffer. (Carbine is lighter than an H buffer)

Hwikek
04-24-13, 20:07
Yeah. I'm not even sure why he asked what buffer it was.

Steveindajeep
04-24-13, 20:14
Ah. Try giving Palmetto a call or email them if you can. Even without the limited QD mount the SOPMOD was hard to beat. Now that the Bravo has a limited travel mount location, why get anything else? Heck Bravo Company even as standard capacity mags in stock!

Well i was looking at getting 2 of the blackhawk set ups for the extension and springs, buffer alone. I can get 2 of them for the price of the BCM comparative. The stocks I think are ugly and id replace them

Steveindajeep
04-24-13, 20:19
Yeah. I'm not even sure why he asked what buffer it was.

sorry

thanks regardless

Hwikek
04-24-13, 20:59
No worries. If you get the Palmetto stuff just remember that it doesn't come with an H buffer.

Steveindajeep
04-24-13, 21:03
honestly looking at it now I don't see wtf I would think it would have come with any thing but a CAR buffer lol

yeah I'm not sure, the price is tempting for the mil- spec tubes alone.

Hwikek
04-24-13, 21:04
Don't forget the springs :)

Steveindajeep
04-24-13, 21:15
Don't forget the springs :)

true true

Crazy Chuckster
04-24-13, 21:23
The tube is probably some utg garbage that the threads will pull off upon installation. If your building a quality gun, its worth a few bucks more for good parts IMO.

Steveindajeep
04-24-13, 21:28
The tube is probably some utg garbage that the threads will pull off upon installation. If your building a quality gun, its worth a few bucks more for good parts IMO.

yeah im gonna have to agree with you...im gonna let it slide. just gonna go with the BCM parts and not worry about it.

thanks everyone

Hwikek
04-24-13, 21:29
That's something I don't really expect from PSA but then again I never expected the 6900.

Steveindajeep
04-24-13, 21:36
That's something I don't really expect from PSA but then again I never expected the 6900.

true but i guess every co has a weird uncle, the 6900 is just as embarrassing.

NeoNeanderthal
04-24-13, 21:41
I just bought one to put on a lower i bought during the panic. Was gonna sell it and i think ill get more out of it if its complete. Hopefully the tool who buys it thinks the Blackhawk stock is cool...