PDA

View Full Version : NC carry permit question

DCN1
04-24-13, 21:11
I will be taking a trip to Ashville next weekend and plan on concealed carrying. I have a GA permit and GA and NC honor each others permits, but is there anything special I need to know about you guys laws?
Ga is pretty liberal on our carry permit laws, we can get away with quite a lot these days.
We will be going to a car show and probably out to eat a few times, and who knows what else.

Any info would be helpful as reading through the laws can be quite a chore.

SpankMonkey
04-24-13, 21:17
You cannot carry where alcohol is sold. Yes, when you are eating if alcohol is sold that is a no go.

You also cannot carry where there is a admission fee. Movie theaters, ball games, car shows, etc..

Concealed is concealed.

Have fun and enjoy your show.

DCN1
04-24-13, 21:23
So pretty strict then, bummer. Guess I will hide it in the car during the show and when we eat.
In Ga with your permit you can open carry, pistol or rifle, or big ass knife, even a sword if you want.
We can also carry where alcohol is served while eating, and at public gatherings.

You guys should start working to loosen up your laws.

Army Chief
04-24-13, 21:28
SM pretty much nailed it. NC's laws are still rather restrictive; we do, however, have open carry without any special permit requirements.

AC

SpankMonkey
04-24-13, 21:37
So pretty strict then, bummer. Guess I will hide it in the car during the show and when we eat.
In Ga with your permit you can open carry, pistol or rifle, or big ass knife, even a sword if you want.
We can also carry where alcohol is served while eating, and at public gatherings.

You guys should start working to loosen up your laws.

We are trying. It has gotten way better then is use to be. Asheville is super liberal. So expect LE to push the issue if it ever came up.

There are lots of decent/good places to eat. Just pick places that do not serve or sell alcohol and you can carry.

You can open carry. But you can also be charged with "Going armed to the terror of the public". Remember Asheville is super liberal. Most of the state is not.

You also must notify if you are confronted by LE. Just give them your DL and CWP.