PDA

View Full Version : Lets do this again. New guy with new rifle!

wrcpete
04-25-13, 19:55
So I first posted in the general AR part of the forum. OOPS! I'll move my intro here.
Not new to firearms, i have been a pistol owner off and on since college. I finished my first rifle build a few weeks back. I'm stoked to be finished. :)

Aero Precision upper and lower, S&W bcg, bcm, magpul, psa... lots of different stuff. It went on a SPR tangent. I was really after a mid length 16in barrel ended up with an 18in Blackhole Weaponry barrel so I went with a standard moe hand guard and rifle stock. I don't care what you all think. I like it. :o

Safetyhit
05-11-13, 18:54
Looks like you put a lot of thought and effort into your build, great job. Have you been able to shoot it much?

uffdaphil
05-11-13, 19:45
That furniture looks great on the longer gun. A 1X4 scope would finish it off nicely.

wrcpete
06-02-13, 01:08
I have not had time or ammo to give it that much of a work out, probably less than 500 rounds right now. I have no plans to put a scope on it at the moment. It was meant to be a low cost build, I rushed to put it together and spent a little more at once than I wanted. This experience has brought some new ideas for another rifle. I want to see how well I can shoot with irons before I put an optic of some sort on it.

HeliPilot
06-03-13, 08:12
Looks great, learn how to use that rear sight and you can easily reach out to 500yds.