PDA

View Full Version : speer uni cor soft point bullet

jstone
04-26-13, 22:42
I was wondering if any of you are familiar with the speer uni cor soft point? I found a box of 9mm speer uni cor bullets 124 grain bonded soft point. They use the same bonding process as gold dots, but are soft points.

I plan on calling speer monday, because I cant find much on these projectiles. I thought I would ask here first.

Im wondering if these bonded soft points are available in other diameters or if they are even available anymore?

I found the box out of town recently, and it was all that was available. If anyone has any info on these projectiles I would appreciate it.

They were much cheaper than gold dots. I just got back in town and will be leaving again in a day. So I have had zero time to shoot or load for the past couple months.

I would like to test these on milk jugs filled with water. To compare the 124 gold dot against these loaded to the same velocity. If any one has some standard pressure 124 gold dots that is willing to trade for components or the same amount of factory gold dots in 147 grain. I just want enough to shoot a couple and compare.